News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas pedal resting on floor, no throttle

Started by levix, December 27, 2011, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levix

Couple questions:

On my 73 the gas pedal just rests on the floor at a slant of about 80 degrees. I can press it down and it will go to about 30 degrees. Is this normal?

My second question is the throttle cable appears to be either too long, as I can press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it doesn't make contact with the throttle cable. I'm assuming I need to make some adjustments up by the KD linkage and carb, however I'm not sure what to adjust--perhaps I'm missing an adapter piece of some kind.

Pics are http://imgur.com/a/MNshE

Budnicks

The metal part of the throttle cable housing needs to go all the way back in the retainer, the part that holds the throttle cable housing in place, that is bolted to the intake manifold with the stud with a nut & cable hold down attachment, that will help a ton I'm sure....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

levix

That was definitely the problem. I didn't realize the linkage was suppose to almost be all the way expanded when tightening it down. I did have to slightly bend the accelerator cable in order to make it go through the firewall opening--but that doesn't seem to be affecting pressing the pedal down, so I'm assuming that's ok.

Chryco Psycho

Budnicks

Quote from: levix on December 28, 2011, 03:27:59 PM
That was definitely the problem. I didn't realize the linkage was suppose to almost be all the way expanded when tightening it down. I did have to slightly bend the accelerator cable in order to make it go through the firewall opening--but that doesn't seem to be affecting pressing the pedal down, so I'm assuming that's ok.

Good it's an easy fix...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks