News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show me some nasty looking wheels on a charger

Started by tripleblkr/t, August 15, 2008, 09:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

I can think of PLENTY of members' Chargers on here that look/are stock & are frikkin' awesome.

Just6T9's, 69OUR/TEA's B5 '69 & that gorgeous black '69, hemigeno's Daytona, 1Hot's white Daytona (& that black '68 was/is awesome), ChrisG's perfect burnt orange '70, and probably there are dozens more.
That black '68 R/T Hemi barn find that just popped up is another. No way would a sane person mess with the originality of that car.

EVERY Charger has it's place on here: stock, modified, or pro-touring.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Chryco Psycho

I actually really like the look of the Grey 72 & generally like the rims up to about 18 " on the older cars , over 18 & there is no tire sidewall left but the handling must be killer !!

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: oldschool on December 30, 2011, 09:41:29 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on December 30, 2011, 09:35:15 PM
Not bad not bad  :cheers:

I put my money in the entire build
Happy new year !!! :icon_smile_big:

thanks and same to ya!

Hey, stop respecting each other's opinions and getting along.  Don't you know this is an internet forum?

v21hemicharger

My rotors are the same size as the original wheels, 14".  I needed bigger wheels.  I love on driving my car hard on the track.  I live 20 minutes from a road coarse in Nor Cal.

greenpigs

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 05, 2009, 11:55:11 PM
Quote from: lastoasis on August 05, 2009, 08:11:13 PM
nasty
this is another member's car

Who's car is that? do you have a full pic of it?

SuperCharged Riot should get you close
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

I also think we need more modified Chargers because as sort of stated stock gets dull when repeated over & over.

If I owned a rare optioned or color combo but MORE important one I really liked my Charger would be restored to match the fender tag. But my tag is for the 318 car that gave up its front clip & T5 is not what I would have ordered. The original paint I figured out from sanding it down.

It is all about what you want & I continue to build mine accordingly, albeit REAL slow!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

CaptMarvel

Well, alot of these are "nasty" in my view....sorry, just not into the big blingy rims on old muscle cars..To each their own, but I much prefer to see some nice old style cragars, centerlines, magnums or my all time favorite, slot mags on these fine old machines...just fits the cars style better...(again, in my own opinion..) :coolgleamA:

Lennard

autodynamics

firefighter3931

Weld Prostars & MT 295/65/15 drag radials out back and the same wheels with 225/70/15's up front  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cdr

IF YOU WANT NASTY I HAVE GOT NASTY
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

gers1968rt

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 31, 2011, 01:29:28 PM
Weld Prostars & MT 295/65/15 drag radials out back and the same wheels with 225/70/15's up front  :2thumbs:

Ron

That looks great, Ron :yesnod:!
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

oldschool

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 31, 2011, 01:29:28 PM

Ron

thats what i'm talking about  :2thumbs:. those are the wheels i'm using on my 68 cuda.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

elanmars

Quote from: autodynamics on December 30, 2011, 07:53:22 PM
Old school

I'm sorry to say but you represent the mopar community that quite frankly turns me off about these cars
When I go to a car show and see a stack of chargers that all look the same with different colors that just screams BORING!!!!
Same interior- boring.
Same wheels - boring
Same close mind thinking-boring

These cars in the 60's were cool and guys changed wheels and exhaust and shocks
Were simply Doing the same thing with what's available today

Fact be said
These cars never did anything right other than go straight and look bad as hell
But stock doesnt intrest me at all
I want a car that drives like my new car turns like my new car stops like my new car
Although there is a place for purist and "stock " cars ,it certaintly does not say anything about self expression and individuality . I don't want to look like the guy next to me or around me
Pro touring is hot rodding making the old better
Better to use and enjoy them with our families and friends
And safer as well stopping turning are some key factors on keeping these cars safe for the road
We just have taken I to. Different level using the best gear we can suspension
Brakes ,Wheels ,seats ,motors and so on
The "new generation " gets it the "old timers" in the mopar community get  tight assed and look down on others for using "non-factory " parts
What's with the mopar world being so close minded?

I have simply put together my idea of what MY charger should be and expresses that standing still

I get followed every time I take it out like paparazzi.

Stock cars don't get that attention

So I guess I have done something right with my ride
When I always get "dude is it for sale"
My charger as well as others on this board that are not factory keep me returning
If all I had to look foward to is stock cars I simply would stay home and watch my black and white tv and chill

Ohh wait I don't own a black and white tv or rotary phone
I live today
Express what I love and feel today

Sorry to say stock is boring

totally agree on a lot of points-however, i'll take stock over not having anything at all. i wish i could afford to do the pro-touring thing like you guys-and i aim to do that in the future but all the cars i've had (a 73-sold to buy a '69-sold and bought another '69 that got destroyed by a chevy dually recently), even though i'm only 29, i could only afford buying the car-and then just do maintenance and minor things (like disc brakes, A/C). :(

my first '69 looked straight out of the junkyard with different paint all over the place and the shoddiest body work-didn't stop people following me, girls flashing and hollering, people asking all the time if i'll paint it like a general lee, how much to buy it, etc.

but i'd so love to rock a 5.7 or 6.1, have great suspension and steering and the convenience of modern technology. i figure i'll do it a little bit at a time...

I'm not into vinyl tops, drum brakes, etc. seeing the pro-touring Chargers here, makes me drool. Gives me inspiration to take it to that level one day for sure.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

nvrbdn

i say do what you want with your own vehicle.who cares what wheels and tires i like when you are building the car and paying the bills. i like to look at all the different things you guys come up with from original stock, to custom, to pro touring and everything in between. it would be a boreing world if we all liked the same thing. just keep on enjoying these chargers no matter what. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House