News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C vent--parts inter change for 1969 Charger

Started by billschroeder5842, December 26, 2011, 06:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I have a '69 Charger with factory A/C and I'm looking to get a set of vents for the center dash.

Is there any other Mopar dash vents that would be an extact interchange? I'd like to find a cheap, yet good set (wouldn't we all) and I'd like to be able to search for different options.

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

Dans 68

I believe just the '69 Coronet with the Rallye dash is a direct interchange. The '68's (Charger, Belvedere and Coronet) with the Rallye dash as well as the '70's B-bodies with a rallye dash are also likely candidates.  :Twocents:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Lee

Yeah, ralley dash 2nd generation B bodies will be the same.

gtx6970

Actually, if you need just the 2 vents, 1970 E-bodies are a candidate as well.

The chromed edge band on the vent changed in 1971

bill440rt

Bill, just curious...
What did the chromed edge band change to in '71? Painted silver??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

billschroeder5842

Texas Proud!

gtx6970

Quote from: bill440rt on December 27, 2011, 09:37:40 AM
Bill, just curious...
What did the chromed edge band change to in '71? Painted silver??

It's just a thinner chromed band / edge

I'll snap a picture later today

gtx6970

Ok, I have the center vent apart for the 1969 Charger and I had an extra setup for a 1971 and later to do some comparison pictures

here goes

bill440rt

Bill, thanks for posting these!  :cheers:

Is a '71 vent the same dimensionally as a '68-'70 as well? Mounting too??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

DC_1

billschroeder5842

Is there any way to get at the vents without having to take apart the dash pad and up up from under tthe dash?

I'm dreading all the A/C stuff I have that needs to be removed...

Texas Proud!