News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Didn't know if this was posted before, but just awful...

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 26, 2011, 09:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:o

From the High Impact Club:

QuoteTragedy can strike at any moment.  On April 29th 2011.  Chip and Angie lost their prized 1969 Charger R/T
440.  High winds and a worn electrical line sparked their storage building and fueled an intense inferno
that engulfed a new trailer containing their Charger.   The during and aftermath was the nightmare you
see below to not only their Charger but also a Boat a 40's Ford tractor and lots of farm equipment.  All of
us in the club are Heartsick over the devastation that happened.  Beyond the considerable amount of
Money invested, the years of work and sweat that was poured into this car deepens our sadness.  A
labor of love.  We are reminded that these are material things and we are thankful that Chip and Angie
were all unharmed during the fire.  It is true to say that we all love our cars, the develop personalities ,
they do live and breathe.  She had beautiful lines and curves.  She was a rumbling Behemoth that rattled
the windows in exuberant outbursts of acceleration.   The Charger loved to watch lesser cars tremble as
she pulled up to the light.  You could feel the joy in her as she let loose on a clear road.  She never
failed to put a smile on Chip and Angie's face.  

Let the pictures below serve as a tribute.  Another rare living piece of rolling art lost from the planet.  
The numbers get fewer and fewer which doubles our responsibility to protect these rare glimpses of
history. This Charger will never be forgotten.

Your Friends from the High Impact Performance Auto Club

Just 6T9 CHGR

Damn whats even worse is that someone caught it on camera!!  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1970Moparmann

What a shame.  Surprised that any of the trailer enclosed structure is still there.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

stripedelete

Years ago a tin roofed & sided building burned around here.  The metal inside melted like it was hit with a nuke.  The investigators said the tin caused contained the blaze (for a time) like an incinerator causing it to burn exponentially hotter than a normal fire. 

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 26, 2011, 09:28:41 AM
Damn whats even worse is that someone caught it on camera!!  :rotz:

Yeah, I imagine it was tough to watch  :o

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

There was a big fire around here too last week in which the news is claiming millions of dollars in antique cars were lost but so far none of the local car guys seem to know who onwed these cars or what they were.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...I wonder if anything is salvageable or if the car itself, is restorable?   :popcrn:

Look at the door lock pin - still has its shape, must not have gotten that hot  :flame: Of how about the trim, all in place - or for the most part.  :shruggy:

What do you think? Will she live to see another day?  :scratchchin:

charger Downunder

What a shame, if only you could of rolled that trailer forward, man it looked like it got very very hot.
[/quote]

jb666

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 26, 2011, 05:42:55 PM
What a shame, if only you could of rolled that trailer forward, man it looked like it got very very hot.

Yet, the tires didn't blow out...

Man, that really sucks...

A383Wing

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 26, 2011, 05:41:21 PM
...I wonder if anything is salvageable or if the car itself, is restorable?   :popcrn:

Look at the door lock pin - still has its shape, must not have gotten that hot  :flame: Of how about the trim, all in place - or for the most part.  :shruggy:

the outside door handle is missing...plus look at all the dents on the drip rail moldings over the side windows...

Bryan  :shruggy:

djcarguy

trailer alloy skin melted and dripped down is stuck on drip rail,i think...  if someone had a big pickup and chain they could of saved trailer and charger,instead of taking picture as they watch it all burn up....

:Twocents: hard times and suddenly all kinds of fires break out??? :Twocents:

Fred

Quote from: djcarguy on December 26, 2011, 08:41:20 PM
  if someone had a big pickup and chain they could of saved trailer and charger,instead of taking picture as they watch it all burn up....

That's what I was thinking.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

PocketThunder

trailer alloy skin melted and dripped down is stuck on drip rail,i think...  if someone had a big pickup and chain they could of saved trailer and charger,instead of taking picture as they watch it all burn up....

Quote from: Fred on December 26, 2011, 09:29:16 PM
  if someone had a big pickup and chain they could of saved trailer and charger,instead of taking picture as they watch it all burn up....

Me too, but it would be awefully hot to try and hook up a trailer when that barn is giving off the heat that it does when its on fire. :shruggy:

But, if the other poster is implying that people burn up thiers cars for insurance money in hard times, i would never do that to my Charger no matter how hard up i need the cash.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

charger Downunder

If i was there and had a pick up truck i would of pushed/rammed that trailer from the rear forward about 30 feet is all it would of needed to save the car. No way would i get out and try and hook it up with all that heat.
[/quote]

bill440rt

That is just gut wrenching.... so saddening to see. Hopefully the owners can recover from that. What a shame.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 26, 2011, 02:16:08 PM
Not as bad as this fire.

This women lost her 1.7 million dollar home, her 3 kids of which 2 were twins, and both her parents on Christmas day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/nyregion/house-fire-kills-5-in-stamford.html?_r=2&hp

http://www.businessinsider.com/tragic-fire-in-stamford-ct-kills-family-of-ad-executive-2011-12

Just took the time to read the article. I couldn't even begin to fathom what she is enduring. Just horrible.
A car can be replaced. But things inside your home like family heirlooms, treasures, etc cannot. Definitely puts things in perspective.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Terrible to see and my heart goes out to them but I am ever so happy no one got hurt.  :yesnod:

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 26, 2011, 09:33:22 PM

Me too, but it would be awefully hot to try and hook up a trailer when that barn is giving off the heat that it does when its on fire. :shruggy:

That would be a fully involved structure fire (in case it's not obvious). Let me tell you from experience that the heat given off from a fire like that is extreme and you wouldn't want to be near it with out the proper protection.

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 26, 2011, 09:47:39 PM
If i was there and had a pick up truck i would of pushed/rammed that trailer from the rear forward about 30 feet is all it would of needed to save the car. No way would i get out and try and hook it up with all that heat.

It would seem that the winds shifted and moved to take out the trailer. I have been at fires where a dump truck was within 20' (yes feet) of a fully involved apartment building which went to the ground and the truck didn't get any damage because it was upwind of the blaze. If you were in your POV when the winds shifted to take out the trailer, you and your POV would be looking the same in a matter of moments.  Just sayin...  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 26, 2011, 09:33:22 PM

But, if the other poster is implying that people burn up thiers cars for insurance money in hard times, i would never do that to my Charger no matter how hard up i need the cash.   :Twocents:

No me either.....NEVER!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

djcarguy

never said try to back up ,line up and hook up...said truck and chain ,i  have 20' and 30'foot chains in all my rigs. come up on cool side of trailer hook chain on tongue and drag it away from fire.  that close the wind does not have to change once that wall falls or burns thru,its all toast

yes lots of heat ,i know was fireman in small town. with old fire trucks we had to use and no fire plugs .it was get there and save all ya can for owners.  we all kept our gear at home and cheif in town brought the truck with more guys,late 70es our new truck was a 54 gmc ,backup was a 48 ford.

oh yeah ,save people first,thats right.i forgot being a car guy...

Brock Lee

Looks like the gas went up? The damage is in that area on both sides.

tan top

me too  :yesnod:

sad
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bill440rt on December 26, 2011, 10:29:35 PM
That is just gut wrenching.... so saddening to see. Hopefully the owners can recover from that. What a shame.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 26, 2011, 02:16:08 PM
Not as bad as this fire.

This women lost her 1.7 million dollar home, her 3 kids of which 2 were twins, and both her parents on Christmas day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/nyregion/house-fire-kills-5-in-stamford.html?_r=2&hp

http://www.businessinsider.com/tragic-fire-in-stamford-ct-kills-family-of-ad-executive-2011-12

Just took the time to read the article. I couldn't even begin to fathom what she is enduring. Just horrible.
A car can be replaced. But things inside your home like family heirlooms, treasures, etc cannot. Definitely puts things in perspective.
Sorry for interrupting the thread.
She was heard screaming my whole life is in that house. 47 Years old a self made millionaire and she loses all 3 of her kids and her parents which were celebrating 49 years of marriage the next day, on Christmas day. Un flipping real.   Oh yeah and the home.
http://m.nypost.com/;s=5tk53IftrAIaPEoVxZWcV01/f/mobile/news/local/courage_of_blaze_kids_grandfather_ERp8ETnMny9UQDEnGICG9I
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

I'll bet that car can be saved. I have the pictures somewhere, but my cousin bought a brand new 69 Camaro Pace car.   It was 100% all original still in the 1990's. 2 weeks before his daughters 16th birthday ( it was her sweet 16th gift ) the new Buick in the garage caught fire and burnt the garage and Pace car to ashes. I sold it for 1.000.00 in the local paper. It was just like that Charger. It's fully restored and on the road today.
Her name is Kim and the plate on the Pace car was KIMARO.