News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate to ask, but here's a WIW question

Started by moparguy01, December 25, 2011, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

No, not my charger. 1978 Chrysler new yorker hardtop, 4 door, 440 air condition car. Runs but needs a serious tune up before it's driveable. Very little rust on the bottom of the 1/4 panels. Some small rust specs peeking through the paint as well. Near mint interior. Dark green leather. Dash pad also near perfect. Even has a working 8 track! 

Does anybody have an idea what it's worth?

fc7_plumcrazy

a grand?
Don't sell it to the demo derby guys

Carsten

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparguy01

I have pictures, but I'm out of town at the inlaws, and don't have any pictures except For on my phone, which I can't add on here till tomorrow evening. Unfortunately.

Todd Wilson

nvrbdn

i really like the 72 new yorker. these big boats can be cool.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 25, 2011, 02:24:50 PM
No, not my charger. 1978 Chrysler new yorker hardtop, 4 door, 440 air condition car. Runs but needs a serious tune up before it's driveable. Very little rust on the bottom of the 1/4 panels. Some small rust specs peeking through the paint as well. Near mint interior. Dark green leather. Dash pad also near perfect. Even has a working 8 track!  

The big cars are a tough sell.

Don't expect much for it.

I've been trying to sell my '72 Imperial for quite a while now.

No takers...

Except for the demo derby idiots  :brickwall:

Budnicks

Try Autabuy.com there are or were a couple there a month or so ago, I didn't see what they were asking/going for... good luck with your sale... There's an A$$ for every seat
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 26, 2011, 01:08:42 AM
Quote from: moparguy01 on December 25, 2011, 02:24:50 PM

The big cars are a tough sell.

Don't expect much for it.

I've been trying to sell my '72 Imperial for quite a while now.

No takers...

Except for the demo derby idiots  :brickwall:

Theres a guy in this area with a 73   Fury 4 door 60xxx original miles junk400 . Car is in excellent condition and its been for sale for ever for 2800$ and cant get it sold.

If I had an inside place for it I would have picked it up and used it for a road car when I travel.

Todd

jaak

Don't get me wrong, that is a nice car to be as old as it is, but it is not collectible or a muscle car. Around here in my part of the country the only reason most would want that car is for the engine/trans and maybe a few other odds'n'ends (or as others have mentioned, a derby car). I would say around here you could get anywhere from 500 to a grand, just depends on the buyer.
If you are wanting the car for something old/cool to tinker with and the price is right, I'd go for it. If your looking to buy/flip to make some $$$, I don't see that happening, you might want to pass it up.

Jason

Old Moparz

Quote from: jaak on December 26, 2011, 11:58:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, that is a nice car to be as old as it is, but it is not collectible or a muscle car. Around here in my part of the country the only reason most would want that car is for the engine/trans and maybe a few other odds'n'ends (or as others have mentioned, a derby car). I would say around here you could get anywhere from 500 to a grand, just depends on the buyer.
If you are wanting the car for something old/cool to tinker with and the price is right, I'd go for it. If your looking to buy/flip to make some $$$, I don't see that happening, you might want to pass it up.

Jason

I'll second this.  :Twocents:

The drive train from it would be an easier sell.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparguy01

Well this summer it gets another chance in life as my new family car! :lol:

The70RT

I would tune it up and get it running good first since the drive train is what ones after. I always shy away from cars that people say "needs tune up". Im thinking 500-1K as well...good luck.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 26, 2011, 05:18:23 PM
Well this summer it gets another chance in life as my new family car! :lol:

You will need to locate a big purple hat with a feather sticking out of it before you drive this unit!

:apimp:

Todd

Charger RT

I like the boat and already have the purple hat from when I had a 77 eldorado. One day I would like to get a big boat to cruise around in.
Tim

moparguy01

Quote from: The70RT on December 26, 2011, 05:28:18 PM
I would tune it up and get it running good first since the drive train is what ones after. I always shy away from cars that people say "needs tune up". Im thinking 500-1K as well...good luck.

actually I say it needs a tune up. My wife's grandfather bought this car new, and I just ended up picking it up from him.

oh and Todd I was thinking more along the lines of a captains hat.  :lol:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 26, 2011, 10:17:15 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 26, 2011, 05:28:18 PM

actually I say it needs a tune up. My wife's grandfather bought this car new, and I just ended up picking it up from him.

oh and Todd I was thinking more along the lines of a captains hat.  :lol:

Damn now I am gonna have to sell Frankie  and go pick up that 73 Fury so we can be pimpin together!

Todd

greenpigs

Paint it purple with a faux white rabbit fur interior!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greymag

You might have to register it with the Coast Guard. That is the epitome of land yacht. I doubt it would fit in my garage. Take it to Maaco to make it pretty & drive it a couple years. It would make a great winter car-hell-you could probably put a snow plow on it.

ACUDANUT

A friend of mine had to "give" his 68 new yorker away for 500 bucks, in the same shape as yours.

The70RT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 28, 2011, 04:27:19 PM
A friend of mine had to "give" his 68 new yorker away for 500 bucks, in the same shape as yours.

The price of scrap metal was 220 a ton last week. You could pull the motor and trans and still get 400.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greenpigs

Pull the 440 & either crush or pop a 318 in & drive till it falls apart.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free