News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie & need some shipping advice

Started by Hessian, December 24, 2011, 08:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hessian

Hello All,

This is my first post here.  Just bought a 69 RT/SE...but it's in California.  I need to have it shipped to the East Coast.  Ive seen a few members here who haul-- but the cost was a bit too high for me.  I know you get what you pay for, but I put most of my $$$ into the car :icon_smile_big:.  Does anyone have a good experience with a shipper?  I've been looking at Dependable Auto Shippers and Dealers Choice Transport... but the jury is still out...  Anyone have some advice? 

Many thanks and I look forward to sharing in the discussion of all things Charger.

Hessian
Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

You said it yourself, you get what you pay for... I am not going to recommend the company I have come to know and trust, as it sounds like you would not spring for them... They are about $1.00/mi for enclosed transportation and use over-tire straps vs. digging into your frame, etc. w/ hold downs like some can do, damaging your Charger.

Lots of horror stories on DAS online and broker services have no accountability. Damage a car, and good luck! I've been shipping cars regularly for over a decade and know many horror stories, first hand. Pony-up and pay for the best - and that isn't always a big name co, either, as many of those have long waits, or move your car from trailer to trailer and not point to point...

Ask questions and if you don't like their answers, move on. Congrats on your Charger  :cheers:

Iceyone

Parachute Jumper and Navy Aircrewman? I would say that you should drive out there and get it yourself. Rent a U-haul trailer from whatever city your bought the car and drag it back home. Congrats on scoring your Charger.

Iceyone =IC1. Actually ICC SW/AW (Retired).
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

suntech

Or if it runs, and is roadworthy............DRIVE it home.......make an adventure out of it  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dans 68

Welcome, and congratulations on your purchase.  :2thumbs:  I shipped my car with FedEx Passport Shipping. Somewhat pricey but worth the peace of mind. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39025.msg442096.html#msg442096

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Bob T

Welcome and Congrats Hessian, keen to see some pics sometime.

There's a guy on here called trulyvintage who does transport, might be worth a call

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85623.msg975147.html#msg975147
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Running Naked Tramsport out of California.  Husband and Wife team.

Runnin Naked Transport
56800 Java Dr
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
# 760.203.1734

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

hello & welcome   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
R/T SE eh  :coolgleamA:  whats the color combo ?
looking forward to seeing pictures as & when  :2thumbs:
:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

stripedelete

Quote from: suntech on December 25, 2011, 01:54:08 AM
Or if it runs, and is roadworthy............DRIVE it home.......make an adventure out of it  :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: yep, drive it.

road/track

Quote from: stripedelete on December 25, 2011, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: suntech on December 25, 2011, 01:54:08 AM
:2thumbs: yep, drive it.
Or...I could drive it... :angel: :angel:

http://youtu.be/fSeUTfZk2ic
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

BigBlockSam

driving it could be a great experience , or a nightmare . i  used Dependable Auto Shippers and it was a good experience  . good luck  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

472 R/T SE

http://www.transportreviews.com/

The old adage is true, you get what you pay for.  I use Passport Transport whenever possible.

I sold a car that's waiting in the garage for DAS to pick up.  They called one night & left a message on my phone that they'd be here in the morning.  I never noticed the message so they had to re-dispatch another truck.  Their dispatcher brow beat me claiming it was my fault.

That's not how professionals' run their business but whatever.  :shruggy:

Wicked72

I used Global Logistics to get my car from arizona to md. they were fast and fair and I got a good deal since my car was a non runner the drivers wont takem and they sweet talked a guy to do it. I was just in camden NC yesterday to see the fam!  as far as the shipping hell if she runs good drive her home!!!! I would do it in a heart beat! Ill make the trip/adventure with ya  :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Ghoste

I can recommend a few but as stated, you often get what you pay for.  If you want an insured closed carrier and you aren't on a strict deadline, I may know of a guy heading to north Cali soon who may be looking for reasons to not come back empty.  Not surprisingly, the more vehicles these guys can put on a load and make it happen in two directions, the cheaper it gets for everyone with a vehicle on board.

OldGuy

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 25, 2011, 04:57:47 PM
http://www.transportreviews.com/

The old adage is true, you get what you pay for.  I use Passport Transport whenever possible.

I sold a car that's waiting in the garage for DAS to pick up.  They called one night & left a message on my phone that they'd be here in the morning.  I never noticed the message so they had to re-dispatch another truck.  Their dispatcher brow beat me claiming it was my fault.

That's not how professionals' run their business but whatever.  :shruggy:

Definately recommend Passport Transport. 
I had a car shipped by DAS - never again.  I paid DAS for a top carry and when we picked it up it had a puddle of transmission fluid on the hood; they also put a ding in the bumper.  :flame:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

Depends what kind of shape it's in. Does it need to be restored? Is it a show car? Is it a nice driver, etc.?

If I were shipping a major project I'd just employ one of those open trailer haulers but if it's a nice car I'd pony up the funds for an enclosed trailer. If it's a decent driver I'd probably just drive it, although gas gets expensive at 9 mpg.

Hessian

Many thanks to all for the advice and replies.  And the offers to co-pilot   :icon_smile_big:

I did think long and hard about making a great adventure out of driving it back however have decided to save the wear and tear on her instead.  The Charger appears to be in great shape and roadworthy however the middle of New Mexico is probably not the time to discover something's wrong...

After some input here and more calling around, I decided to bite the bullet, and  spring for Passport Transport.  She's going to be picked up tomorrow afternoon  :2thumbs:

They quoted a delivery time of 29 Dec-14 Jan.  Kind of a big window... but it will obviously depend on the drop offs along the way.  

In the end, I made the decision based on same driver the whole trip, same rig the whole trip, life gates not ramps, and real time GPS tracking (vice calling the company for updates).

The former owner is a great guy and has been super thru the process.  He's going to snap some pics for me tomorrow of her being loaded and I'll be happy to post if anyone is interested.

Again, thanks for all the input and help  :cheers:

Hessian
Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Dans 68

Good call.  :2thumbs: And yes, post pics of your new girl being loaded.  :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

472 R/T SE

Good call.  You'll be impressed when you see the pains they go through to keep all the cars damage, liquid free.

Chargen69

I dont think I would drive a car I just met that far...  dont forget, a $20 part can leave you stranded in the middle of no where

Hessian

Update...

Car was picked up early yesterday morning in California... now headed to Virginia.  Now comes the hard part..... the wait!!!   :popcrn:

In a weird twist, the Passport Transport rep grew up with my Aunt... so now I feel even better about my car being transported! 

Also, the previous owner said the car was loaded in the top/front position so I couldn't hope for better.  I guess there was a nice Woody wagon underneath. 

He said the driver (who will be with the car the whole trip) was super nice, and a car guy too, so that's cool. 

Here are a few pics for anyone interested.  Thanks again for all the help on this.  I will keep you updated and take some better pics when I get her...  :icon_smile_big:

Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

road/track

-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

Bob T

Nice one Hessian, looks like Christmas is lasting an extra few days this year  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Hessian

WARNING:  RANT FOLLOWS....

Well, I'm glad a few of you have had luck with Passport Transport.   SO far my experience has been a TOTAL NIGHTMARE.....  :RantExplode:

The long and short of it is this:

-Original driver that was supposed to stay with the load, didn't.  Switched off with another driver, neglected to tell the new driver about the security measures on the car (i.e. how to start it, kill switch etc) that was explained by the seller on the day of pick up.
-Original route was CA to east coast... driver detoured thru midwest, ending up in MO (where he lives) for the New Years holiday... Passport home offices are also located there and were closed till Tues the 2nd.  When I called to inquire why the trailer hadn't moved in four days, I was informed the trailer was "broken".  Note the stress on when "I" called....
-Two days later (now a week into the trip) was called by the new driver who says the car's battery must be dead... obviously the orig driver didn't pass the information along.  I called him back, left a voicemail explaining the start up procedures and requested a call back... Suprise!  Never got one. Did he get the car started?  Who knows!
-No one ever called me to say there was a problem, or that the car was going to be swapped out to another trailer... again I had to call and inquire... (theres a pattern forming here)
-No one told me where the car was going to be during the wait... indoors, outdoors, garaged, locked????
-Today I get an email saying that they will know Monday when the car will be put on another trailer.

Gee.... it's a good thing I didn't go with a shipper that uses a terminal where cars just sit waiting for the next available transport...  :flame:

So, Monday makes almost two weeks since the car was picked up... and it's been sitting at the company HQ (terminal!) for 10 of those days.

I don't mind that it's taking awhile....I don't even blame the driver for taking some time off to see the family, the drivers spend a lot of time on the road and I'm sure they miss their families.   And the trailer breaking is no ones fault either.   What really pisses me off is the total lack of communication and utter disregard for updates or reassurances....  For example, after the guy called trying to get it started I figured out that they were going to move it off the trailer.  I called the agent to see what the deal was, he hurried me off the phone because he was going to lunch.  Really Sir?  My 2k doesn't buy 30 seconds of your time?  It sure isn't buying reliable transport....  And to date, I have not received ONE SINGLE PHONE CALL from them... I have called them for every update.  And if you're wondering if I'm "that guy" who calls 100 times a day asking stupid questions... I'm not.  I've called 6 times and two of those calls were to set up the shipment.  And if you're wondering if anyone even said 'hey sorry the shipments been interrupted, we're doing everything we can to get it going again'... nope. 

When I emailed asking if my car was in a secure location, indoors or outdoors... I got a one word email reply.  "Yes".  Here is another word... wow. 

To think, I paid for the "Premium Door to Door Service"...  What a joke.  Its costing me 2067.00 to ship this... I thought I was buying piece of mind.  I should have just gone the cheap route if I was going to play the "wait and guess" game. 

Depending on what they say Monday I may just fly out to MO and drive the car the rest of the way myself.  It looks like a 15 hour trip according to mapquest... 

I guess you DONT always 'get what you pay for'...

Break out the clown shoes and red noses.....

Sorry for the rant... off my soapbox. 

Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

Rolling_Thunder

Dude -   Navy jump, scuba, and air crew....      Search and Rescue?  
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

472 R/T SE

You know it absolutely pisses me off when I pass along a great experience to someone only to have them shafted by those same people.

I know 3-4 guys local who use PT to move about 200 cars a year.

I'll be emailing/calling them.

Sorry man, I'll do what I can from my end.   :flame:

Dans 68

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 07, 2012, 01:14:30 AM
You know it absolutely pisses me off when I pass along a great experience to someone only to have them shafted by those same people.

Agreed.  :flame:  I hope it ends well.

Dan

Fred

Oh my God! so sorry to hear about you woes. How awful for you. You must be so stressed. I know how I feel when I get fobbed off making enquiries about a parcel I'm waiting on that seems to be taking the scenic rather than the direct route. And that's just a parcel! And yes, no one ever returns calls, it all falls into your lap.
Where would anything end up I wonder if we didn't take the trouble to track it down ourselves...............would it ever even arrive?
Hope it all turns out well for you in the end. I know you won't be able to relax before you see that trailer pulling up outside.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

Yea, I just love it when these "customer service" clowns give you a one-word answer after you ask five questions. People are obviously stressed out enough already, having to trust people to carry their thousands of dollars investment across the country based on an agreed-to set of promises. Then, as if the promises meant zilch, they basically do what they want and don't communicate.

If I were you I'd demand at least a partial refund. And if they refused that I would make sure to warn others through the BBB or some such entity.

Looks like they aren't accredited with the BBB and there's a complaint listed from last May, which to me is a red flag: http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/auto-transporters-and-drive-away-companies/passport-transport-in-lebanon-mo-37698/complaints

Either way you can still lodge a complaint with the BBB and here: http://www.transportreviews.com/

Fred

Seems to be the age we live in. Customer Service is just a front..............you can no longer find the definition of that phrase in the dictionary.  :brickwall:
It's a real catch 22.
You pay up front...............you don't get any service
You don't pay up front.......you don't get any service

Daytona R/T SE

Where in Missouri is the car?

Maybe one of the Missouri members here could pay them a visit and check on your car for you?  :shruggy:

Hessian

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 07, 2012, 12:26:53 AM
Dude -   Navy jump, scuba, and air crew....      Search and Rescue?  

Hey Rolling Thunder...  
Not Navy or Search & Rescue.  I just retired out of the Marine Corps after 20+ years.  I started out in the "03" infantry MOS, went to Dive and Jump schools.  Fell out of some perfectly good aircraft and locked out of a few subs in the inky blackness... fun times and I miss them.   Then about 1/2 way thru my career, I made the move over to the "dark side" as a officer.  Also had the chance to become a Communications Systems Operator on a VH-3D "Whitehawk" (VH is the designator for Presidential Aircraft... google VH-3D and you'll see).  Funny, it felt different riding around in helos without a parachute  :icon_smile_big:

To everyone else, THANKS for all the positive support.  Hopefully this turns out ok... just the not knowing is about the worst.  Here's the crazy part... the shipping agent actually KNOWS my aunt who lives in the same town (Lebanon MO).  And to boot, my aunt's husband is the Sheriff for Lebanon!!!

I'm going to see how Monday goes...

Would you guys say that this violated the contract?  I certainly feel like it's totally opposite of what was promised to me... I would say at the very least a discount is in order.  Perhaps some of you who ship cars frequently could weigh in with a suggestion of how much discount would be appropriate???

Thanks again to all.

Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

bull

If that language is in the contract than it's obviously a breach. If not, if it's just a verbal agreement and you have no recourse other than the threat of bad advertising.

nvrbdn

wow,that sucks. id get the aunt and sheriff to pay a visit  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

stripedelete

I understand completely.  A couple of my high demand times are before Xmas and Easter.   There's only about a 20% chance of receiving a scheduled shipment, via commercial carrier, 3 or 4 days prior to these holidays.  Regardless of promises, my supply spends the holiday in somebody's driveway (or a terminal).    I call it "running for the barn" (like when the horse throws you and heads back).   

Like you, I get the same dispatch lack of communications and excuses; shift change, nobody told me, breakdown, etc.  I don't want anyone to spend the holidays on the road ,and I know dispatch abuses the drivers all year, but, come on.......

Even though it can cost me $3-4k in profit, forget about a discount, this is business as usual near the holidays.

I'm sure you'll get your car, safe and sound, very soon.  But, it's a shame you have to pay the "long dollar" for this kind of service.

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 07, 2012, 07:05:03 PM
wow,that sucks. id get the aunt and sheriff to pay a visit  :2thumbs:

And bring the deputies as well!

472 R/T SE

Hessian

Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

Cooter

This is why I have a truck and trailer. That much coin and NOBODY is gonna "Bring it to my door". Only time you get that kind of treatment is from yourself.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Hessian

Quote from: stripedelete on January 07, 2012, 07:41:20 PM
I understand completely.  A couple of my high demand times are before Xmas and Easter.   There's only about a 20% chance of receiving a scheduled shipment, via commercial carrier, 3 or 4 days prior to these holidays.  Regardless of promises, my supply spends the holiday in somebody's driveway (or a terminal).    I call it "running for the barn" (like when the horse throws you and heads back).   

Like you, I get the same dispatch lack of communications and excuses; shift change, nobody told me, breakdown, etc.  I don't want anyone to spend the holidays on the road ,and I know dispatch abuses the drivers all year, but, come on.......

Even though it can cost me $3-4k in profit, forget about a discount, this is business as usual near the holidays.

I'm sure you'll get your car, safe and sound, very soon.  But, it's a shame you have to pay the "long dollar" for this kind of service.

Its frustrating to be sure...  Like I said, I get that the drivers need time off too.  Just sucks that they wouldnt be honest and up front, instead leading me to believe that it was going straight across country. 

I hope it will arrive safe and sound... but the treatment thus far is far from confidence inspiring....  :scratchchin:
Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

Aussie R/T

How amazing is it that these company's forget the dollars you have invested in your car.I swear to god a slap in the face with a wet mullet would not wake them up to the fact that you have thousands of dollars invested in your car.The clown that bought my car up hear called himself treasured transport and when it turns up not covered at all and the hos truck he was driving was dropping oil all over the road out front of my house wet all my spare parts and charged me 3 grand on top.I'm still pi55ed over it and that was 3 years ago.grrrr

nvrbdn

i do understand the ease of buying a car and just waiting for it to come to the door. but for 2000.00 you could have bought a decent used car trailer and drove out to get the car. plus at the end of it the car trailer becomes your "happy meal" prize. then it also takes time to make that drive too. and i understand that not everyone has the time to run across the country to pick up a car. i hope the car arrives soon,(new years was a week ago,enough family time already) and un mared being that they swapped trailers.  good luck.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Daytona R/T SE

Ya know... :scratchchin:

I have a 3/4 ton Cummins Turbo Diesel truck and an 18 ft open trailer...

Maybe, I should start hauling cars on the weekends to raise money for my projects...  :think:

elacruze

Sorry you're being ignored.

Please, when the car does arrive, be sure not to sign for it, or let the driver out of your sight until you go over the car with a fine-toothed comb-and not just the skin, but get underneath to be sure they didn't tear holes in the frame with tie-downs, or rip the park brake cables off, or bend a shock etc. If the battery is dead, make note of it and if it doesn't come back to life, make them buy a new one. A friend used to drive an auto transport, and he would often switch out batteries for ones he and friends (not me) had which were weak or failed.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

nvrbdn

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 08, 2012, 10:46:49 AM
Ya know... :scratchchin:

I have a 3/4 ton Cummins Turbo Diesel truck and an 18 ft open trailer...

Maybe, I should start hauling cars on the weekends to raise money for my projects...  :think:

i agree, know a guy with a degree and a job that quit to haul cars. has a 3 car trailer and says he averages 1800 a week. but he does have a couple dealerships hooked in with him also. he's also home every weekend. says his life is more peaceful without the stress of the job.:2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hessian

WOW... guess what... today makes TWO WEEKS my car has been with "Passport Transport"... out of two weeks, TWO DAYS have involved movement.  The rest of the time it's been sitting at their Headquarters in Lebanon MO (read: car terminal)

I sent an email listing my grievances, requesting an actual phone call to discuss options.... which was replied with AN EMAIL... saying it "might" be here on Saturday, but, they wont know till Thursday... Really?  

These guys are complete ASS HATS.   You'd be better off asking a magician to "miracle" your car someplace.  

Just can't imagine this getting much worse.  But I'm sure they'll think of a way.  

Hard to believe that my individual experience has been this bad when others seem to really trust these guys....  It just seems like no one at Passport cares enough to even take/make a phone call to address this.   Unreal.  

Although, I'm sure they will want that check when the car gets here... if it ever does.

Maybe I need to call the authorities about a stolen car.   :smilielol:
Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

I really feel for you :rotz: and hope it all comes to an (good) end real soon.

Hessian

Update for anyone who might be following this thread...

Got frustrated enough to track down the Director of Operations for Passport Transport yesterday. Lo and behold, got an email first thing this morning saying that my car would be loaded today and delivered this Sat...

The Dir of Ops called me mid afternoon and appologzied for the delay/SNAFU.  I explained everything and he agreed and said he would do what he could to get my car moving. 

BUT WAIT... just got a call that the truck/driver who was going to pick up my car is now stuck in Arkansas and prob wont make it to MO until tommorrow.   Accordingly, now my car won't be delievered until Tuesday at the earliest....  :brickwall:

When they gave me my shipping window, Saturday the 13th was the last day for delivery.  Come Saturday, they will officially be in breach of our contract.

I suspect what happend (based on a comment by the Dir of Ops) that all the rolling stock was re-directed to get everything to Barrettt Jackson out in Scottsdale. 

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

RallyeMike

Sounds like an opportunity to negotiate a discount with the Ops director.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dans 68

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 12, 2012, 06:50:55 PM
Sounds like an opportunity to negotiate a discount with the Ops director.

A Huge discount. They have a lot of making up to do.

Dan

nvrbdn

yes, especially when word of mouth could be damaging when your voice on the computer can be very wide :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Fred

It's been a while Hessian. What's happening, don't tell me it still hasn't arrived?   :eek2:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hessian

Hey gents
It finally did arrive but I had to leave an hour later to fly out for business.  I'm due home later this week and if the weather holds up I will take some pics.
The total f-story of the shipping ordeal didn't end well, with damage to my car... Makes me sick to even think about it... But I will post the details when I get home along with the pics.
Thanks to everyone on here who gave encouragement and advice.
Hessian
Currently own:

Previously owned:
1968 Charger 440

nvrbdn

aw man sorry to hear. hope it all turned out ok after the mess was cleared.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

Bastards! nobody has any respect for other peoples property anymore.

Rolling_Thunder

Yeah - that's a massive discount waiting to happen....          come on marine - you know you want to pick up the phone...     :nana:

03 then dive and jump eh?   Buddy of mine started 0300 and went to  BRC - then jump, dive, ranger, mountain warfare blah blah blah....       he ended up 0326 in MARSOC and been doing cool stuff since. Its always classic to see him and my other friend debate who's more of a bad ass (other friend is a USAF CCT) - talk about a pissing contest.

Keep your chin up bro - after all - this is supposed to be a 'fun' hobby    :2thumbs:  

Let us know about the damage - also let the shipping company know about it as well...     you have the car in your possession so now you can be as nasty as you want about it - phone calls, hate mail, etc
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Fred

Hey Hessian, just wondering how you're getting on with your charger. I know you finally got it so that's good news but whats the story on the damage? I hope it was nothing too serious. How's it coming along?
Fred

nvrbdn

Quote from: Fred on February 14, 2012, 02:28:49 AM
Hey Hessian, just wondering how you're getting on with your charger. I know you finally got it so that's good news but whats the story on the damage? I hope it was nothing too serious. How's it coming along?
Fred

:yesnod: :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House