News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 383 2bbl/4spd switched to 383 4bbl. What air cleaner would you use?

Started by bull, January 01, 2012, 02:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I did some research on this site and I see people talking about Ford base plates and silenced and unsilenced, wrinkle finish, dual snorkles, single snorkles, round snorkles, square snorkles... I'm about to pitch a fit.

A few years back I bought a single round snorkle 2bbl air cleaner that I believe would have been stock on my Jan. 68 car but of course that's not going to work. Is there a base plate that will make it fit? By the looks of it there isn't. I'd like to find a way to make this one work but I'm not seeing a way.

Lately I'm just thinking about getting the 4bbl unsilenced wrinkle finish deal (no snorkle) because several places carry them and it would probably be easiest. What would you do?

resq302

If you have the factory intake and stock style carb, I would just go with the unsilenced black wrinkle finish air cleaner assembly.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bull

Quote from: resq302 on January 01, 2012, 09:09:07 AM
If you have the factory intake and stock style carb, I would just go with the unsilenced black wrinkle finish air cleaner assembly.

It's got the factory style Edelbrock DP4B and a Holley 770.