News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mancini water pump housing?

Started by Charger4404spd, December 14, 2011, 03:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Does Mancini make their own alum. housings or are they made by someone else? If I remember right, a lot of guys had cooling problems from 440source housings so I want to stay away from those.

Ghoste

I thought the Mancini ones were supposed to be good.

Charger4404spd

I thought so too.... just want to make sure ;)

Ghoste

I remember the Mancini one as being good but you had to make sure you got the one they were having cast specifically for them and not the Mopar one that they also happen to sell.

Charger4404spd

This is the one I am looking at.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mabhealwapu1.html

The price is a lot cheaper than all the other housings I have looked at, thats why I want to make sure its not junk.

firefighter3931

The Mancini housing is fine and so is their waterpump which is a dead ringer for the Milodon HV waterpump.  :2thumbs:

I'm using the Mancini housing & waterpump on my 572ci "street driven" stroker.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger4404spd

Thanks Ron. Good to know about the water pump also, as I was planning on getting the Milodon. :2thumbs:

dangina

You guys just answered the exact question I was gonna ask! thanks :2thumbs:

4cruzin

Make sure you order the high volume one.   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger4404spd

Quote from: 4cruzin on December 30, 2011, 09:45:36 AM
Make sure you order the high volume one.   :cheers:

Just arrived at the house  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Now you have some wrenching to do as your first Charger task of 2012. :2thumbs:

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2012, 10:58:45 AM
Now you have some wrenching to do as your first Charger task of 2012. :2thumbs:

Getting there a little at a time. Installed the new cam, waiting on the TDC tool so I can degree it in. Still saving up for the new Q750 double pumper and the tti headers. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Ah, I thought you further along than that, thought you had those things finished already.  Its great its coming together.

Charger4404spd

Holidays kinda slowed me down. Wife always wants expensive jewelry  :brickwall: :D