News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What keeps you motivated to keep 'chargin' on?

Started by chargen86, December 14, 2011, 04:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

Quotefind a friend to help

many, many, times i find it hard to get motivated and one of my buddies will come over and help me do some of the things that i have left on my lists . MAN! do i feel good after we get things done .
   stand back and look at what you got .   :cheers: a lot of people can only dream of having your charger.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

johnnycharger

It was a condition of the my marriage that my wife would never ask me to sell my Charger. I bought it off of a guy that only sold it because his wife made him. He sold it to me cheap because he knew I would take care of it.

R6red4spd69RT

Quote from: chargen86 on December 20, 2011, 05:48:43 AM
argghhh guys I dont know what to do. My girlfriend found this thread I started and got really angry that I mentioned her and now she is urging me to give up the R/T "or else".
Sorry I know this isn't is relationship forum loll but at the moment I don't feel like chargin on  :shruggy:

Dude, all I can say is you be you. Not what someone wants you to be.

Feel the joy of owning a Charger, an R/T no less, with like minded people. If you get enjoyment from something like this, your friends are the ones that support you.

Think hard about this.

BigBlockSam

Quoteor else

:slap: if a girl tells me that . there would be no way i would sell it . i would disassemble it and reassemble it in the bedroom . there's a lot more women out there then r/t chargers . a couple is suppose to encourage each others dreams . not stomp them to death  :Twocents:

p.s. i bought my 69 charger se from a cop in town  and his wife was making him sell it . when i showed it to him after i made a daytona out of it . he was speechless and almost had tears in his eyes . this is 5 yrs later and there getting divorced . he aint getting his charger back either.  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Bastrd

Cars is a part of me, especially the charger, if my gf told me that i had to choose, her or the charger. Then id choose the charger just because that if she is able to ask such a thing, she doesnt love who i am, and where will that stop? Love me for my flaws i always say :)

Then of course i make sure she also gets some attention and quality time  :icon_smile_wink:

(sorry if my english sucks)

Brass

argghhh guys I dont know what to do. My girlfriend found this thread I started and got really angry that I mentioned her and now she is urging me to give up the R/T "or else".
Sorry I know this isn't is relationship forum loll but at the moment I don't feel like chargin on  :shruggy:

Really?  So instead of gaining a sliver of insight about how she has added to your stress, her reaction was to hand down an ultimatum?  Where is the maturity in that?  Also, your comment about her seemed pretty innocuous to me so I don't see why it warranted such a backlash.  She doesn't sound respectful, patient, or supportive – and must be checking your browser history too.  Hopefully she'll realize she overreacted and come around.  Otherwise, no question what I would do...

Darkman

Quote from: Brass on December 21, 2011, 03:18:34 PM
Really?  So instead of gaining a sliver of insight about how she has added to your stress, her reaction was to hand down an ultimatum?  Where is the maturity in that?  Also, your comment about her seemed pretty innocuous to me so I don't see why it warranted such a backlash.  She doesn't sound respectful, patient, or supportive – and must be checking your browser history too.  Hopefully she'll realize she overreacted and come around.  Otherwise, no question what I would do...

Chargen86, I would show your girlfriend this!

Well said Brass!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Laxy on December 20, 2011, 08:18:07 PM
In all seriousness, if she can't appreciate your hobby, then fark her off asap. Otherwise the rest of your life will be filled with nagging about 'that bloody old car'.

I had a 6 year missus/highschool sweetheart/the works - she kept wanting me to sell my Val hardtop, so I stuck in a shed out of sight for awhile and went about breaking up, then pulled the car out, fixed it up and got it rego'd again and found a much better missus. Best thing I ever did, but the break up was also the hardest thing I ever did.  :icon_smile_big:

And also, why was she on dodgecharger.com instead of in the kitchen?  :smilielol: :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl: 

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

redgum78

Quote from: Brass on December 21, 2011, 03:18:34 PM

This man speaks the truth :yesnod: I could not have said it better myself.

Ghoste

If she is doing this now, it will only get worse in years to come.  Do you deliver similar ultimatums to her?  If so, you deserve each other.  If not, you need to end it now before it costs you a house, visitations rights, and most of your pay.
This is a hobby not a drug addiction or a criminal activity.

Daytona R/T SE

Sorry I know this isn't is relationship forum loll but at the moment I don't feel like chargin on  :shruggy:

Post a picture of the girl friend...

We'll let you know if she's worth the hassle. :scope:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 22, 2011, 12:04:57 AM
Sorry I know this isn't is relationship forum loll but at the moment I don't feel like chargin on  :shruggy:

Post a picture of the girl friend...

We'll let you know if she's worth the hassle. :scope:

This is a very good point.  The second generation charger has the timeless shape of a coke bottle or more importantly, a womans body.  So if your GF can beat out the shape of a Charger, you might have to sell the Charger.

But, the shape of the Charger will never change.... Your GF....well.....   :whistling:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

elacruze

There are 6 billion people in the world and half of them are women.

There aren't many Chargers left.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

projectanimal

I was going to jump in with some motivation to get you excited about your car, but now I see the thread has takin a slight turn..... :shruggy:   
My now Wife was not too happy with my previous car project before we got married, but I found that getting her involved in a few small projects together made a big difference (as well as going to some car cruises which included an overnight in a hotel), so you may want to throw a few of those ideas on the table.   :cheers:
it's always Very tough when given a hard choice.....
Thankfully for our Charger project it is technically her car, so we don't have any of what you're currently going through.  Not to say when I start looking at other hobbies things won't change, but I do agree with many of the other posts which state she may not understand your true passion! 

I hope you are able to keep the charger as well as the girl!   :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Darkman

This is what I watch to get motivated

http://youtu.be/kD_1GG3NTnQ

It was my Charger after I picked it up from the docks and before I pulled it to bits
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

troy.70R/T

NEVER PAY IN ADVANCE I learned that lesson the hard way on one of my chargers. If you can stop by every day after work to see how it is going. Take a pic of the car every day. after about a month the guy will eithier ask or wonder why your taking pics of the car. When he asks just tell him your lawyer wants a record of the progress and tell him you can not go into anymore detail about it. He will eithier start busting his ass or you better get a lawyer.