News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Powdercoating suspension items

Started by billrabe, December 17, 2011, 03:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billrabe

So what colors have people powder coated their suspension items in. I have a 73 charger and plan on sending the suspension parts to Cudachick for powder coating. The car will be FY1 and I am thinking about red prothane polys and using black satin finish. I have seen the lowers in a bronzish color on various pictures on this site.

xpbprox

I got mine powder coated gloss black to match the body. Looks good to me!

bull

Mine is a 2nd gen but you might get some ideas. I used a combination of finishes including powder coat on my suspension parts and the variety of colors looks pretty good to me. The powder coated items include the k-frame in semi gloss black and the upper control arms in clear. I painted the lower control arms gold to make them look similar to the stock cosmoline look. The tie rod parts, strut rods and torsion bar were plated with electroless nickel and I sprayed most of the other suspension parts a semi gloss black. The bad thing about powder coating is that it's very thick so you have to cover the portion of the parts that connect to other parts or you'll be scraping it off.

Also, obviously not suspension parts but the pulleys and brackets were all powder coated gloss black.

red69superbee

billrabe

PatrickPeeters

Looks great!!
:o
Planning to build my engine on the K-frame and dropping the car on it.......
Patrick  :punkrocka: