News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post pics of the most wrecked Charger you have ever found/come across:

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 12, 2011, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Doesn't have to be your car - converted movie/TV cars don't count as "wrecked"  :popcrn:

JT01

Tilar

I thin Elenmars has the winner from this site... The man is lucky to be alive  :yesnod:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:popcrn:

QuoteEBAY CARNAGE: A GENERAL LEE THAT DIED WITH ITS BOOTS ON
BY BRIAN LOHNES POSTED 12/03/10

Our soft spot for General Lee Dodge Chargers runs pretty deep and we're not ashamed to admit that. We followed the epic rebuild of the Hack Job General Lee from the get go, and it was one of the most popular series of stories that we've ever run. Consider this the opposite of the hack job because this eBay auction features a General Lee that was restored to a high level and then totally mangled in a bad crash. Mangled isn't a strong enough word, so obliterated is what we should probably use.

The car had less than 300 miles on it when the grandson of the restorer destroyed it. By looking at the photos we can't really figure out the gist of the wreck. The nose of the car is pretty much untouched, but the roof was so screwed that it looks like first responders to the crash used the jaws of life to clip the C-pillars and remove it. The rear of the car looks as though someone parked a Caterpillar D9 dozer on it.

This kid who crashed the car isn't dead. We know that because gramps claims that he and the boy are building another car to replace the General that he finished off. We're thinking a stock 1950s VW Beetle would be about the power level this kid can handle. It seems he ran out of talent before finding the limits of the Charger.

The car had a mild 383 in it along with a Dana 60 and a nice stack of decent parts. Obviously, the only thing a buyer can do with this heap is to strip off what he or she needs and send the rest to the scrapper. That is unless the buyer is into performing miracles. In that case, a full resto is in order.

You need to hit the link below to see what this car looks like. Even the guys on the set of the original show didn't destroy 'em this bad!

Thanks for the tip Blazerteam!

Source -- eBayMotors.com

UH60L

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

1BAD68

Quote from: Tilar
link=topic=87161.msg982384#msg982384 date=1323739281

I thin Elenmars has the winner from this site... The man is lucky to be alive  :yesnod:

Yup that shot is just total complete destruction and makes me cringe when I see it.

Jeff_1577

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

red69superbee

elanmars

^if you're talking about mine, I have a thread about it. but the short version: i slightly clipped the driver's side rear fender while swerving to not hit an animal (i had a spare tire on the front passenger side that wasn't the best, now that i think about it), spun the car/did donuts, battery disconnected somehow...car was in the middle of the road for I don't know how long because I don't remember-someone stopped to help but then someone in a chevy dually hit me at full speed on the passenger's side, flipped the truck, this was on the interstate...i must have slammed into a guard rail from the front as well.

68X426

Quote from: bajaherbie on December 14, 2011, 11:16:16 PM
what is it??

I'll go with a '68 GTX Hardtop (stripe, grill, moldings).

No wonder it crashed, that front tire is so bald it's ready to blow out. Probably blew the passenger side first and then flipped.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

red69superbee

elanmars, yes i was asking about your car, that just suckx all the way around, glad your ok to tell about it though.You gonna get another one?
David

elanmars

thank you! i walked away with brain bleeding for just that day, fractures in the face (no broken bones, no missing teeth, eyes are a-ok), not being able to do too much for 6-8 weeks (and still can't exercise or lift anything too heavy) but very glad to be here...

and I've been looking for another, just haven't found the right one yet. At first I was looking for all years again but after having 2 '69s, I HAVE to have a '69. If somehow I get lucky and can afford another one, I wouldn't mind a '68 and a shot at another 3rd gen, 73-74 (which i would modify by putting in a grille from a 71-72 as well as the tail lights...).

my plan is to find a decent body/roller/driver and drop a 6.1 hemi in it...

red69superbee

Man thats rough!
If you get one, may as well look around and get the one you want.The new hemis would be cool in something alright.Dont know anyone personally thats done that kind of swap, but a guy at work does gm ls engine swaps all the time and the harnesses and that isnt a big deal.Coulcnt be all that much different
David

Bill_T

Quote from: Jeff_1577 on December 14, 2011, 09:52:41 AM
Not a Charger, but pretty bad.

Realize I am quite late to this discussion but couldn't help it when I saw the photo. I knew the 3 fellas who were killed in that 68 GTX. Happened first week of May, 1969. Ironically, the location and building that is pictured in the background and the building looks about the same. The buiilding belongs to a company called C J & L Bushelman and they are still in business and still located there. That is their office building. I don't remember why the police had the wreckage put there. Driking and driving. 16 year old driver and an 18 year old and 17 year old passengers. All killed instantly after striking a tree. That car was only a year or so old when that pic was taken. The car was red with black vinyl top btw. Hard to tell from B & W photo. That wreck shook people up around here, I certainly remember that much.

68RT440

Quote from: Bill_T on December 09, 2022, 02:02:45 PM
Quote from: Jeff_1577 on December 14, 2011, 09:52:41 AM
Not a Charger, but pretty bad.

Realize I am quite late to this discussion but couldn't help it when I saw the photo. I knew the 3 fellas who were killed in that 68 GTX. Happened first week of May, 1969. Ironically, the location and building that is pictured in the background and the building looks about the same. The buiilding belongs to a company called C J & L Bushelman and they are still in business and still located there. That is their office building. I don't remember why the police had the wreckage put there. Driking and driving. 16 year old driver and an 18 year old and 17 year old passengers. All killed instantly after striking a tree. That car was only a year or so old when that pic was taken. The car was red with black vinyl top btw. Hard to tell from B & W photo. That wreck shook people up around here, I certainly remember that much.

I've seen the pictures of that GTX wreck a handful of times over the years. It's crazy to hear from someone that knows the back story from that wreck that happened so many years ago
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Kern Dog

That GTX looks terrible.... The front end twisted 180 degrees to rest upside down.

Bill_T

Yes I've seen it in several places over the years. There was even a big argument in A-Bodies forum. There was a very similar accident involving teens again unfortunately back around same time in Pennsylvania and the car there had eerily similar damage. One of the forum members had been on the squad run for the wreck in Pennsylvania apparently and insisted that pic was of the Pennsylvania wreck. It isn't. The dump truck in background of this pic even shows the Bushelman Co. name clearly on the door. The quality of the photo here is a bit too blurry to see it well but it is definitely there on the truck. I don't like arguing over what amounts to unimportant things but I knew those guys and know their names(I'm old!). The GTX belonged to the driver's older brother. Not sure if I was his father I would have allowed my 16 year old son to go out on Friday night driving a 440 GTX. As far as the front end being twisted. It is actually not connected at all. The front end was torn off, the engine was thrown down the road quite a ways. The passenger door was no longer connected either. Looks like they stood it up for the photo.None of the damage was done by rescuers cutting on car. All from the crash itself. The police believe they were going over 100 mph when the wreck occurred. The police pretty much dumped the wreckage in a pile where it sits in that pic. At some point they took the back half of the car around on a trailer and set it in various highschool parking lots with a sign in an attempt to disuade young people from drinking and driving.

HANDM

Back in high school 86-87, there was the same gruesome spectacle a couple times, one was a 70 chevelle and the other a mustang. Both still had the blood on the inside from the fatalities.  :eek2:

Bill_T

Compared to those cars back then, cars today run like they're on rails. With the tire and suspension technology common at that time, a low 14 second car or any car that could crack near or at 100 mph in the 1/4 could get away from you real quick. Add alcohol and you're really asking for trouble. Those fellas were going around a slight left bend at the top of a hill and at the speed they were going, the tires just lost grip.

Mike DC

The changes over the decades are a mixed bag IMO.  Modern cars are way safer when the wreck happens, hands down.  And the suspensions have more forgiving designs.  But modern cars lure you into a false sense of security too.  They tend to feel slower than they really are at high speeds.  The centered mass, the stiff sway bars, the wide radials . . . this stuff handles "better" but it masks how far you are getting into trouble.  When the car finally comes loose you can't recover it. 

Bill_T

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 11, 2022, 05:36:50 PM

The changes over the decades are a mixed bag IMO.  Modern cars are way safer when the wreck happens, hands down.  And the suspensions have more forgiving designs.  But modern cars lure you into a false sense of security too.  They tend to feel slower than they really are at high speeds.  The centered mass, the stiff sway bars, the wide radials . . . this stuff handles "better" but it masks how far you are getting into trouble.  When the car finally comes loose you can't recover it. 

Good point. Honestly, one of the main things I remember about the old musclecars is the ones that had power steering. That old power steering had no road feel at all. But you know what? We were used to driving cars like that.

hemi-hampton

hemi-hampton

Quote from: chargervert on December 27, 2022, 12:36:19 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 11, 2022, 10:29:03 PM
:scratchchin:

The red Daytona in Ted Stephens junkyard was resurrected.

Yes, I know, by AMD. After he said it would never be restored. LEON.

P.S. restored or rebodied :scratchchin: :shruggy:

I think 1% of original car was used.

b5blue

chargervert

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 27, 2022, 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: chargervert on December 27, 2022, 12:36:19 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 11, 2022, 10:29:03 PM
:scratchchin:

The red Daytona in Ted Stephens junkyard was resurrected.

Yes, I know, by AMD. After he said it would never be restored. LEON.

It was actually done on the television show Chop Cut Rebuild.

P.S. restored or rebodied :scratchchin: :shruggy:

I think 1% of original car was used.

hemi-hampton

Didn't see that show, I know they used all AMD panels & AMD took it on a country wide advertising tour to promote their products. LEON.

chargervert

Yes,I saw the car at Carlisle. A friend of mine made and installed the rear window plug on the car.