News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 ralley dash vs standard dash

Started by fm3 70 rt, December 05, 2011, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fm3 70 rt

does anyone have any pics to compare ? im going to junkyard next week to checkout a 70 charger to see if the dash frame is any good , i looked at the car 5 years ago & the yard owner said he still has it so im going back to see if i can save anything off it . i remembered it had the dash frame but i dont know the difference between ralley & standard , any input would be helpful , thanx

b5blue

Do a "search" here, there is plenty to see!  :2thumbs:

MadScientist

As far as I can tell the "frame " is the same. the only difference visibly is for the AC cars which have vents on the ends instead of plastic trim.  That and the Ralley has woodgrain vs a pepple finish.  :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

There's only one dash frame for '68-'70 Chargers AFAIK.

Kind of a bucket seat thing like '69 & '68 Chargers'.

70gtx440dana

Quote from: fm3 70 rt on December 05, 2011, 05:17:45 PM
does anyone have any pics to compare ? im going to junkyard next week to checkout a 70 charger to see if the dash frame is any good , i looked at the car 5 years ago & the yard owner said he still has it so im going back to see if i can save anything off it . i remembered it had the dash frame but i dont know the difference between ralley & standard , any input would be helpful , thanx

All 70 Chargers had rally dash so the only frame difference is a/c non a/c and 3 speaker versus single speaker.
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54