News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest place to find TTI headers?

Started by Surf Charger, December 30, 2011, 10:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

Can anyone provide any info/links to the cheapest place to find TTI headers?

What would be considered a good price for TTI headers for a 383?

471_Magnum

No such thing as cheap TTi headers. Price controls are tight on them. About the best you can do is find someone offering free shipping.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Surf Charger

Sorry didn't mean cheap...just looking for the best deal or the best place to get them.

What is the average price on TTI headers? $800ish?

PA Dodger

Ceramic coated run in the mid $800s, chrome is around $700.
FWIW, My buddy and I have the same engine in our cars. He is running the chrome TTIs and I have the ceramic TTIs. His engine compartment is MUCH hotter than mine. I would suggest the creamic headers. :Twocents:
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

bill440rt

Quote from: PA Dodger on December 30, 2011, 12:02:20 PM
Ceramic coated run in the mid $800s, chrome is around $700.
FWIW, My buddy and I have the same engine in our cars. He is running the chrome TTIs and I have the ceramic TTIs. His engine compartment is MUCH hotter than mine. I would suggest the creamic headers. :Twocents:

:yesnod: x2

If you get the polished ones, when installing be sure to either leave the bubble wrap on them or place rags strategically. They scratch pretty easily.
I picked  up some ceramic header polish from Mancini Racing as well.

They come with basic thin header gaskets. If you ever have to change them (I had to on the left side), check out Remflex gaskets. They are excellent.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Surf Charger

Thanks folks. Seems like everyone has a 440 here. I have a 383 so I'm hoping if I go with TTI, the fitment will be easy on me. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will go with the ceramic coating. Mine is a driver so I dont' need everything chromed out in the engine bay.

I think I'm going to go with the TTI Ceramic coated 1 3/4 - 3" headers w/ the TTI exhaust (w/ flowmaster 40s) and x-pipe.

I know TTI will install flowmaster mufflers for an additional charge. Is the X-pipe a TTI product or is that an item that would have to be installed for an extra price as well?

PA Dodger

Surf Charger, not everyone has a 440. I have a 470 stroker that started life as a 400. Same low deck as you 383.
TTI offers a "H" or "X" pipe as part of their complete exhaust kit. I installed the kit on a friends car a while back and can say it's money well spent. There is no " kinda fits this and almost fits that" with TTI. 
Their website is worth a look if you haven't looked already.   http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

Also, There is a thread you posted in about TTI exhaust and Flowmaster mufflers. While I can't speak from experience, I know there are many threads on this forum about why the Dynomax UltraFlow mufflers work better than the Flowmasters.   
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Rolling_Thunder

I have a 6.1 Hemi...    I got my TTI headers through my WestOaks Dodge (back when it was around) for cheaper simply because it was billed as a "shop order" as I was managing a shop back then.   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

Make sure you order the 383 specific headers , TTI makes them different for the 440 so they will stay tight to the floor on the 383

flyinlow

Mancinni usaully discounts them at the Mopar Nationals. Not sure if they do it at other shows they go to . Last year they knocked about $100 off the ones at the nationals. Thats the only discount I have ever seen.

471_Magnum

If you can make it to one of the events where Mancini is vending, that is the way to go. Call and ask for the Moparts discount and show delivery. That will probably save you $150.

Their next show will be the Indy Swap Meet first weekend in March.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."