News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Time for a real lizard

Started by 70charginglizard, January 21, 2006, 01:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Well I came home today to find that my 35 gallon hex tank seals gave out and had been leaking all day today so I took it as a sign that its time to convert the tank over from fish to lizard. Got it all cleaned up and set up as a miniture desert for my soon to be bearded dragon.
Whats ya all think.

Note: the lizard thats in there now is a toy one. Still have to purchase the real lizard. I'll post new pics of him when I do.

;D
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

The only problem now is what to do with the oscar that was in that tank. I'm going to see if the pet store will take him in as a store credit for the cost of the lizard but if not I don't know what I'm gonna do with him.
He's been a pretty good fish but I couldn't put anything else in the tank cause he'd eat it.
For now he lives in the ten gallon till I find a new home for him. He's not happy bout this but what do ya do????
70charginglizard

Daytona R/T SE

Did you have a fish fry or just flush 'em ?  :-[

70charginglizard

I could never flush him. He's been with me for so long. I either find him a new home or hopefully the pet store will take um.
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

I was thinking about the lizard tank. It need a little something more. I think I'm going to add some long dry grass in the back. May make it look more natural don't you think?

Opinions.
70charginglizard

Wakko

You'll need a heat lamp and a thermometer in there, they like a 75 degree cool area and a 90 degree basking area.  Not alot of moving room for a bearded dragon though.  Maybe a reptile that climbs? Veiled chameleon comes to mind. If you want to put that fish in a Priority Mail box, wrap him real good in bubble wrap, you can send him to me.  ;)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

ck1

Quote from: 70charginglizard on January 21, 2006, 01:26:23 AM
Well I came home today to find that my 35 gallon hex tank seals gave out and had been leaking all day today so I took it as a sign that its time to convert the tank over from fish to lizard. Got it all cleaned up and set up as a miniture desert for my soon to be bearded dragon.
Whats ya all think.

Note: the lizard thats in there now is a toy one. Still have to purchase the real lizard. I'll post new pics of him when I do.

;D
wow, I had a tank just like that when I was a kid, and it started leaking on me to.....I think the way it was designed, the silicone seals at the joints just couldn't tank the water pressure or I was careful enough when moving it ???  I was soooooo bummed out for I really like my fish when i was young....and the cool little bubbler's I had.....one was a deepsea diver buy a treasure chest.....I would like to get another fish tank one day but not so big.....tuff to take care of :yesnod:
CJK

Andrew

Silver R/T

im pretty sure pet store would take him for free even if you just want to get rid of that pal
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wakko on January 21, 2006, 02:29:50 AM
You'll need a heat lamp and a thermometer in there, they like a 75 degree cool area and a 90 degree basking area. 
Yep, those things, plus a type of bulb that makes a certain type of light, not just a UV light...I forget which type now. They absolutely need that to live healthy, I found that out the hard way with lizards we had for our kids...they kept dying, so we gave up. About 5 years later, I found out what we did wrong. :brickwall:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)