News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gentlemen, Break out the Cigars

Started by Bob T, December 09, 2011, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on August 22, 2012, 12:09:58 AM
Quote from: Fred on August 21, 2012, 11:56:23 PM
Yes I know custom plates don't come cheap. I've got them on all my cars though.
How come yours don't have your state written on them?
And how is it that they've come with the "Bullit Charger" "Buy American or Die" inscription? That's not an option we have here.

Just cause we're too small to have states  :smilielol: most likely why it got called North Island and South Island, inventive eh -
The script they put on is included in the price, bit of a piss take,  is the mantra of The Villains, loose association of car guys that knock around a bit .We stay up at the big car n hot rod festival in Kumeu every year, google it, its pretty cool. You should pop over for it Fred, its a blast

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88444.0.html

[/quote]

Just cause we're too small to have states  :smilielol: most likely why it got called North Island and South Island, inventive eh -Thats us  That's pretty good, means you don't have to change your plates or re-register when you move from north to south
The script they put on is included in the price, bit of a piss take, Still, it can't be done here so consider yourself fortunate. is the mantra of The Villains, loose association of car guys that knock around a bit .We stay up at the big car n hot rod festival in Kumeu every year, google it, its pretty cool. You should pop over for it Fred, its a blast The only thing that pops around here these days is corn. :lol:

[/quote]

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Time for a bit of an update I guess, I just read through the thread and a lot of things have changed and happened along the way to me, family and the car.
Its been an interesting read as I look back on stuff I have done and things I have learned on the car, also things I have replaced or upgraded.
Thanks to the people and information on DC.com it has been a huge help fixing things and solving problems as they crop up.

Haven't had to do too much to the car after the initial sort out of ball joints, UCA,LCA etc, just new ignition system ( Rev n Nator ) harmonic balancer and a couple of voltage regulators, pretty minimal really. One of the micro switches on the shifter failed just as I pulled into the driveway after my 750 mile 3 week holiday, so that will be on the list before I can cruise again.

Also done over 9500 miles along the way since May 2012, lots of car shows, cruises, wedding car duties, a magazine shoot and down to the drags the odd time which has been pretty cool too.

Go the Chargers!!!

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

moparnation74

The 68 looks Amazing!! :drool5:

Yours friends Valiant is sweet!

jaak

Your car looks great  :2thumbs:

One of your mate's cars looks real similar to mine....

Jason

Bob T

Cheers Guys.
Jaak, its pretty high impact for sure, Darryl's car has too much black in it to be close to Sublime but its a standout wherever it is. Quite cool actually, it was a B5 car originally and his plan is to put it back if he ever does the big buck resto. Its got an 8 track too, he puts it on with Neil Diamond or Pink Floyd and just cruises around like its 1970 all over again  :2thumbs:

What are your wheels Jaak, they really set it off   :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Bob T

Just going through photos from over the last few years of different car stuff I've been too, thought I'd put a few more up, looks like the thread is turning into a ''All things I've done with the Charger" thread, so I'll pull up some older photos.

I remembered taking it to my car clubs drag day the previous summer, the trans linkage needed a bit of adjusting so it was flaring a little before it dropped into top which cost a little time. Damn, good fun day out though . High 14's best, should be low 14, I'd be stoked to roll out a 13 though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk43ACGmisg

Also had it at a race track for my mates Daytona and Talladega  NZV8 magazine photo shoot and got to hammer it around the track after the shoot for free! Then drove his Daytona for the shoot banging the 4 speed down on the return laps. That was worth taking the day off work   :coolgleamA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45XeHO1X7U

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

A few more from the track day
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Few more from the track day, the Daytona is a real sharp car as is the Talledega. The Cyclone Spoiler Cale Yarbrough gets used a bit more often and has got a bit more of a weathered driven hard and put away wet look, very cool car too.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Might as well have a few more from around the place...

Found a Hemi Place road when we were down at Beach Hop festival so a mate of mine with a 70 got a few shots.
Then caught up with 2 more black 68's at the 1000 car park up , neat, what a day!
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Matts 70 really deserves more shots on its own...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Then there's the Fin Brothers and their cool rides and a couple of wedding shots
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Now there are a couple of gals with sly grins.  :lol:

TPR

Great assortment of pics there Bob. Keep 'em coming.
3 black '68's in a row, now that's menacing.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

472 R/T SE

It looks like your mates '69 is FJ6, not sublime.  jaak, that's the color of your rig right?

I really like the fj6 more than fj5.  My buddy has an fj6 '70 GTX that he's talking about selling.  I'd really love to own it if it weren't for it being a 4 gear. 

Your mates have a beautiful lot of Mopars as well as yours.   :2thumbs:

If it didn't cost so much $$, I'd want a car run through your governments requirements before purchasing it, wow.

Bob T

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 25, 2015, 07:02:29 PM
It looks like your mates '69 is FJ6, not sublime.  jaak, that's the color of your rig right?

I really like the fj6 more than fj5.  My buddy has an fj6 '70 GTX that he's talking about selling.  I'd really love to own it if it weren't for it being a 4 gear. 

Your mates have a beautiful lot of Mopars as well as yours.   :2thumbs:

If it didn't cost so much $$, I'd want a car run through your governments requirements before purchasing it, wow.

Thanks for the compliments Guys. Most of my mates are real PetrolHeads mainly Mopar but a few Chevy guys as well.
I'm only going off what he told me for the colour but I also seem to remember him saying that it had too much black in it to be sublime.
A guy I've known for years lives a few streets away and has a Plum 70 GTX, neat car, always like them.

Yeah, it always costs more to import and put them on the road out here so American cars are well prized possessions and also well regarded by the people in the Hot Rod, Classic & Muscle car scene. The huge cruises and festivals and hanging out with the friends involved in them are the highlight of the scene.

I've got a bit more time on my hands in the evenings now as I'm on an away job, so I'll put up a few more cruise run pics and other stuff.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

wingcar

congratulations!  :2thumbs:  That is one very nice 68..... :yesnod:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Bob T on January 26, 2015, 08:47:28 AM

I've got a bit more time on my hands in the evenings now as I'm on an away job, so I'll put up a few more cruise run pics and other stuff.

I tell you what.  You've got a better grasp of the English language than a lot of the Americans I know.  Impressive.

Didn't you mention a Duncan?  Many years ago I sold a '70 Super Bee to a Duncan in I think "Victoria" or something like that.  That Bee was the only rig I've owned that didn't stink like fuel when you rode in it.  My wife always liked that car for that reason.   :icon_smile_cool:

Bob T

Hmm, 472, I'm guessing that Bee went across the ditch to Victoria Australia as there is no province or town back in NZ called that.
Duncan is C500, now that I've shown his hand I might as well put up a pic of his project, since I've now turned it into an anything goes with NZ Chargers type of thread....

My cars don't really stink of petrol too much or maybe I've just got used to it, have had two 6pack cars, they sure did when you gave it a shoefull, just like flushing a toilet haha.

A mate of mine has just finished his 69 Bee in R6. It has a 4 speed, sixpack and 325/50/15's on steelies, super nice car , lots of attention to detail.

And a shot of Nicks GL   & Robs Shelby at a car club run a while back
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

A few more gratuitous Charger shots.
Pauls very cool silver 70 when we did a wedding last year, John and Heather's 71 Bee and  John C's silver 68 R/T 4speed  and the Walen's Plum 70.
All neat cars
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Wedding Chargers, Drags and down at a Mopar run down country , neat weekend   :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Now this was a bit different.
I was out for a cruise on a sunny Sunday afternoon and saw this weird little car and did a double take.

Its built by an American guy from CA, he has made 9 of them so far I think and he was out in NZ demonstrating it to local council officials to promote as an alternative to traffic congestion and pollution. Its electric and can do over 250 miles on a charge that doesn't cost very much at  all. Its more of a parts bin hot rod than it looks with Recaro seats, Vintage Air, Motec dash and gauges and internal carbon fibre panels throughout the cabin. Two seater in line and narrow track width so it can lane split and drive two up. Low centre of gravity as the batteries are mounted in the floor pan.

It can also do a quarter in the low 12 range!
I talked to the guy for about half an hour, quite an interesting chap and he offered to race me for pink slips, I offered to make it a long distance race  :smilielol:
Pretty cool car though, I think he said that one belongs to Sergy Brin the google man
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

C500

Nice selection of eye candy  :drool5: Whipped the heads off the 500's 440 today... progress  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

MxRacer855