News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gentlemen, Break out the Cigars

Started by Bob T, December 09, 2011, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Quote from: 68Charger4me on December 09, 2011, 08:16:47 PM
Damn nice car!  Canister looks like it's a power brake booster reserve, must have a radical cam and low vacuum :2thumbs:

Yes, not too flash, its hooked up to the booster and the headlights, the headlight can is there under the battery box but disconnected , dont know why yet.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Quote from: Dans 68 on December 09, 2011, 07:51:29 PM
How about a shot of the fender tag? For those of us who love that stuff....  :yesnod:

Dan

Sure Dan , no problem for your collection , likely I will be needing to trade you for advice during the next few months anyway

edit; On closer inspection, the build date is 907  not 207, was working off the pic sent to me months back when I decoded it

The previous owner also sent these pics through from the previous owner to him, back when it was QQ1 and all the "hotrod" stuff under the hood was fresh. Check out those Amorlites   :2thumbs:
Nice colour too, cant load the other pics they are bitmaps

And 1 more from the Welcome party that a mate of mine took, very cool photo , would be my pick of the bunch
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

PatrickPeeters

Patrick  :punkrocka:

bill440rt

Wow, that's an awesome group of cars to have in the neighborhood! Looks like a great '68!

I'm lovin' that '72 Road Runner, looks just like a '71 I had when I was a kid.  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Bob T

I've been on holiday since just before Christmas so am working on the car most days to sort a few things out and get it reliable and ready for the compliance check to get it legal and registered and on the road here.
Some good news, all the brake shoes, drums and hoses etc have already been done along with the exhaust and headers probably about 8 years ago before the P.O. brought it and have only had around 1000 miles since then. What a win that is.
I put new plugs and leads on and am still working through a few other things yet, still have'nt been for a good cruise in it, it is insured as it is, but if some clown ran an intersection and ploughed into me then I would have a huge fight with the insurance Co to sort it out, so will be waiting until I get plates, probably only a few weeks away.

I did a short clip on the day we had the welcome party if anyone is interested, will be doing a decent one when we get it out for a run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzldMtYDTxo
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Dans 68

Idles nice. :rofl:  Seriously, she looks great! And thanks for the numbers.

"Give her a rev, Mate!"  ;)  Hah!  I have to visit down under someday....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Cooter

I'm sure I know the 1958 Plymouth Fury, better known by it's more popular sister "Christine" in the background...

That's a nice Fury BTW.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

redgum78

Sounds nice, should have given it a rev though...... :rofl:
Good luck getting it complianced and resisted.

nelson_audet

congrag man , your 68 look nasty and aggggggresive !!! my previous 68 was also a qq-1 car ...anyway your 68 is beautifull!!
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

528HemiZach

'69 Charger R/T,  528 Hemi,  4-speed,  4.10 Dana

http://www.houstonmopars.org

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Bob T

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to the big cruise once its complied, it'll be a year on Jan 30th since I sold my old 68 and i'm really hanging out for some quality wheel time

I was hoping my mate would give it a good shoefull for the camera but he was respecting my car- fair enough, it was just trying to wind him up so he would, Hell- I would've  revved his car if he'd asked me to  :lol:

Quote from: Cooter on December 30, 2011, 01:49:39 PM
I'm sure I know the 1958 Plymouth Fury, better known by it's more popular sister "Christine" in the background...

That's a nice Fury BTW.

Cheers Cooter, have a look on the "Vintage Beercan" thread, few more Fury pics there
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

jb666

That looks AND SOUNDS awesome... But I really wish the big puff had given it a little....

Bob T

Bit of an update people.
The R/T suffers from the common problem of alternator wiring/bulkhead connector/ammeter burnout and 30 odd years of ''just get by" wiring jobs and what I've found also is that the trans is a 69 requiring a 3 pin connector and wiring not a 68 single post type. But as that wiring was m.i.a. and the starter relay was by passed and that the under dash wiring was in bad shape, I've had a few late nights in the garage putting it right.

Making progress anyway.
I had to install micro switches on the shifter to hide in the console to replicate the Park and Reverse Light sw functions and am reinstating the wiring in the engine bay that was bypassed or missing, I've got a new washer bottle and a few other bits to go in yet, probably move the ignition module for the moment to fit washer bottle in.
Likely I will buy a complete loom next year, just have to fix it for now

Also, there were a few holes in the floor pan that needed repair so it has been to a mate of mines panelshop to get it done, he made up the sections and punched swages in, looks good. Had previous flat plate braized in place and it would not have passed inspection for compliance with them left as it was

And, the headlights were fouling on the buckets and assembly so I pulled out the whole shooting match to sort it out, had a floating/ loose support panel and some other stuff, took a while but it was the only way.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

The good news with opening up the floor so much was that it gave good access to the centre frame rail, so we took the opportunity to clean it up and convert it and made new gusset pieces for it. Damn all those holes that Ma put in , they just let all the dirt and water in to fester

The rails, rear section and the trunk floor were fine and needed just cleaning up and some convertor

Then it was get it out and take it to the show for the weekend and hang out with some mates then back again for some more at the panelshop.

Then trailer it home to start the wiring

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

And so the wiring begins.
Hot Damn, there's some action going on in there  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Out in the engine bay, its not going to win awards, but at this stage I want it functional and long distance reliable, peeling off the old tape and finding some soldered and some just twisted together, no problem, but I've got to open everything up to check it anyway , bit of a mission

Should have it sorted by the weekend and then on to the brakes
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Supercharged Riot

Fred

Looks like you'll be occupied for a while BobT, all that fiddly stuff takes a while to sort through. On the upside...........it's the best occupation I can think of. It kept me blissfully happy for ages.  If it wasn't for the fact that I was desperate to start driving mine............I'd still be working on her. As it is I think I need another project.
I know my wife will say no though because all these supposedly long term projects that are supposed to keep me occupied for years are up and running in no time and leaving me back to twiddling my thumbs.
Hope it all comes together for you without to oathes uttered.   :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Laxy

Wow I missed this thread, what an awesome 68!!! Love the unveiling pics!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

D13vyl

Lovely car mate

I love the 68, maybe thats why i have one too lol,

enjoy

Rene :cheers:
Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a BLACK CHARGER; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."

Budnicks

Great informative detailed documentation of you project, I love the 68...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks