News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gentlemen, Break out the Cigars

Started by Bob T, December 09, 2011, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgum78

Wow that is nice Bob.
That is more than Christmas come early....That is all your Christmas's come at once!
:cheers:

bakerhillpins

:2thumbs:  Yea baby!  :drool5: :drool5:  Glad it finally made it there.

I know the feeling.  We need more pics.  :popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

Damn nice. Break out the beer too.  :cheers:

bull

Awesome! :cheers: That's a dead ringer for mine... well, when I get it finished.

firefighter3931

Sweet looking Charger....congrats  :cheers:

I'm a big fan of Black 68 Chargers  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Fred

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 10, 2011, 11:48:00 AM
Sweet looking Charger....congrats  :cheers:

I'm a big fan of Black 68 Chargers  :drool5:

Ron

ME TOO!  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Thanks for the comments guys, there have been quite a few delays in even getting it here including a strike at the port and the ship being diverted to another port ( where a few weeks ago another ship ran aground on a reef and is still stuck on it 20km out to sea) and the usual slow process involved but it is truly worth the weight.

A Keeper it is Duncan, and Thanks for your advice and info mate, always a cold one here in the fridge for you.

I'm only typing this up before I go back into the garage, cause I know I like to look through everybodies build/resto or show pics

We had a few mates and their cars over yesterday for "The Great Reveal" with pizza, beer and the customary big fat cuban cigar to Welcome the new immigrant to our fine shores and help us celebrate , it was great to catch up with them and have a few drinks and talk cars before Christmas.
I left the cover on it for over an hour while we stood around with a few beers  :lol: , Hell, I had to wait months for it to get here and then my wife and I slowly removed it.

A Top day out and one that will stay with me for a long time, I feel very fortunate to have such good friends and Family to share the good things with
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Few more
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Few more
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Last ones for now

:cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

I see you're still wearing that grin.............must be permanently etched on your face now.
WOW! what a great gathering of cars.............just beautiful to see them all in one place like that. The more cars, the more to drool over.
Couldn't help but notice the pentastar.  Looks good on top of the Xmas tree too. :cheers: Fred
My wife's particularly partial to that yellow road runner.............she's always had a thing for those.

Dans 68

wow....   :cheers:  Good times to be had by all.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ACUDANUT

Which side of the road do you guys drive on over there ?...Are you going to have to change anything ?

freddyd02

Great pics Bob T, congratz on the car! Enjoy it! :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

WOW... what a clan o Mopar you got there.  :yesnod:

Love to see the pics.  :coolgleamA:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

C500

Wow, a classic lineup of Mopar metal to welcome the new immigrant too  :cheers: One of each of the 2nd gen chargers no less.....very nice  :drool5:

Those pics are enough motivation to send me back down to the basement and get some done for the old greeney.

Sorry I couldn't make it up, but will see ya on the 8th  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

NHCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 10, 2011, 09:25:16 PM
WOW... what a clan o Mopar you got there.  :yesnod:

That's what I was thinking. He has more Mopars in his area then we have in the entire State of NH.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hemi o

Great looking 68,congrats :2thumbs:,another nice charger in NZ,hell we have some beautiful mopars down here

nvrbdn

you have a great group of friends with some nice rides. what a great way to welcome a new family member.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

autodynamics

That yellow road runner looks bad ass!!!!
More people should pro tour that body 👍👀

Bob T

Quote from: bull on December 10, 2011, 04:05:13 AM
Awesome! :cheers: That's a dead ringer for mine... well, when I get it finished.

Well, the long term goal is to turn it back towards stock appearance in the engine bay at least, I really admire how your engine bay has come up Bull. But, in saying that, those old 80's style edelbrock twistdown rockers covers are so old they are just about retro cool again  :lol:

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 10, 2011, 08:22:09 PM
Which side of the road do you guys drive on over there ?...Are you going to have to change anything ?

We drive on the left and left hand drive cars are an oddity out here, they really stand out especially Mopar product, heaps of mustangs and camaros mainly. NZ'ers have a real thing for them but I've never been into them
The main changes are standard sort of stuff, left dip headlights, high stop centre mounted stop light and usual roadworthy items brakes up to spec, seatbelts etc . Fortunately a lot less draconian than some states in Oz where the cars have to be RH converted, I could'nt handle having to do that

Quote from: Fred on December 10, 2011, 08:13:34 PM
I see you're still wearing that grin.............must be permanently etched on your face now.
WOW! what a great gathering of cars.............just beautiful to see them all in one place like that. The more cars, the more to drool over.
Couldn't help but notice the pentastar.  Looks good on top of the Xmas tree too. :cheers: Fred
My wife's particularly partial to that yellow road runner.............she's always had a thing for those.

Quote from: autodynamics on December 12, 2011, 12:06:14 AM
That yellow road runner looks bad ass!!!!
More people should pro tour that body

Yes that 72 RR is quite a piece of work, show car condition with a 605 Indy Hemi in it, 681 at the bags, done an 11.5 on street tyres,  fastest thing I've ever been in and it stops and handle so well, everything is sorted on it and it gets driven  a lot, even seen my mate drive it to work in the rain just for kicks. Got a short clip to upload of it at some stage
Usually the Pentastar has Christmas lights on it but just ran out of time so far

Quote from: NHCharger on December 11, 2011, 08:34:06 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 10, 2011, 09:25:16 PM
WOW... what a clan o Mopar you got there.  :yesnod:

That's what I was thinking. He has more Mopars in his area then we have in the entire State of NH.

Yeah, there are some cool cars around here, funny enough, only 2 of them were from my car club , the rest were just mates who were "in the Know'. Heaps of the guys couldnt make it, I wouldnt have minded if another 10 or so turned up
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

I see your avatar's in place......................looking good  :2thumbs: