News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Bird Colour Count

Started by LRTExpress, December 06, 2011, 10:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRTExpress

When a mention that I recently bought a Little Red locally, I met bought from Frank Thompson ( Owner of Overland Park Jeep Dodge) I never made it to his dealership as had a relative pick up truck for me, but believe he had a little collector car show room, when I bought my truck think he also had a Chevelle and Tbird. The truck had 19,000mi and also had the Oak box racks, and appears to be all original other the airconditioning that was added.  If you know anything about it would be great to here some details.

moparstuart

http://www.familycar.com/Classics/57Chevy/

ok i see he is the owner of overland park jeep and has collector cars also  , 

cool side story  ,  my buddy kyle drake ( owns several superbirds )   he works at OP jeep in the service department .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

LRTExpress

Small Mopar world, ya he if he knows anything would be great, maybe you can steer me in the right direction on another one, Frank said he was certain the truck had original miles because of the registration ( not sure what you guys call your registration agency out there, DOT ?) so I was asking for  a copy of what he had seen, sounds like he was reluctant to provide it as being a dealership may had privacy issues, so I thought maybe I could contact the registration agency direct and request I history on the truck??

Its great to own one bird, never mind lucky enough to have several.

moparstuart

kyle also has a little red and they took another little red and made a mid night express   :drool5: :drool5:

not kyles truck below but you get the idea 

you can email kyle at    QUICKMOPAR@aol.com

LRTExpress

Another topic and I should know this one, I am assuming they actually made a Mid Night Express, and if so was it without stacks. The one I wish they built or had the original one was the 1977 proto type with the W2 heads, and the signal lights removed as fresh air intakes.

nascarxx29

If I can find pictures guy I knew in Houston bought new and had a dark green little red express with gold letters
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

LRTExpress

Wow did not know that, would be cool to see a picture of that!

moparstuart

Quote from: LRTExpress on December 12, 2011, 12:33:36 PM
Another topic and I should know this one, I am assuming they actually made a Mid Night Express, and if so was it without stacks. The one I wish they built or had the original one was the 1977 proto type with the W2 heads, and the signal lights removed as fresh air intakes.
midnight if i remember correctly was a california only dealer  promotion , anyone can correct me if i'm wrong and yes they should have stacks  here is a picture of dick drakes (kyles dad )  midnight  .

held1823

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 12, 2011, 12:35:11 PM
If I can find pictures guy I knew in Houston bought new and had a dark green little red express with gold letters

was that one a warlock? i believe the the first warlock models came in green, black, and red. later year warlocks came in several colors. the first warlock model would predate the 1978/79 little red express.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

LRTExpress

Looks pretty good in black, do you think was a factory paint in black, or did a dealership do a repaint on original red one

moparstuart

Quote from: LRTExpress on December 12, 2011, 01:14:31 PM
Looks pretty good in black, do you think was a factory paint in black, or did a dealership do a repaint on original red one
im thinking i heard it was a dealer deal but i'm not sure

nascarxx29

Nope wasnt a Warlock .I remember the gold lettering on the door
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 12, 2011, 07:32:33 PM
Nope wasnt a Warlock .I remember the gold lettering on the door

that would have been a cool truck. i wonder what it was called, and it if was a limited edition deal, like with the midnight express graphics. hopefully you or the old owner can find some photos to share.

they also did a lil red dakota in the early 1990's. not sure whether it was from chrysler or a dealer conversion? judging by the tail lights, they used a ford stepside bed on the dakota, which didn't turn out too bad looking. i recall my great-uncle had a dakota with a stepside bed, so i should see if one of my cousins has a photo of it.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053