News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another one fades into history

Started by CaptMarvel, January 17, 2006, 03:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMarvel

I noticed a few days ago that the 69 Roadrunner (factory 4 sp, 383) that I have seen parked on the sideyard of a house has vanished after several years of not moving. When I approached the guy about it a few monthes ago about buying it, he initially said yes, then recanted & said he was going to ck the internet. Nothing worse than a ditchbank oakie with internet access. I'm sure that he thought it was worth millions, but still, would've made a very fun Saturday tire smoker. Well, lets just hope it didnt go to the crusher.... :rotz:

greenpigs

So what, some hick can't turn a buck?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

PocketThunder

this thread is worthless unless you can find out what happened to it..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CaptMarvel

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2006, 04:16:40 PM

Worthless thread check, from now on, I'll only write brilliant things like the rest of you.  :yesnod:

andy74

Quote from: CaptMarvel on January 18, 2006, 09:38:18 AM

Worthless thread check, from now on, I'll only write brilliant things like the rest of you.  :yesnod:
good come back!

MOPARHOUND!

Come on........

Paul Harvey, find out the rest of the story!
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: andy74 on January 18, 2006, 10:11:30 AM

good come back!
:iagree: *SWISH!* :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

CaptMarvel

Quote from: adauto on January 19, 2006, 12:14:46 AM
:iagree:SLAM DUNK!

Yea, ok....I guess my point of this worthless thread was just that I am noticing more & more of the old stuff thats been sitting around town for 20 yrs + all of a sudden dissapearing. I know, nice observation Sherlock! A friend of mine & I were talking recently. Remember all of the massive bubble windowed boogie vans & the sky high Chevy stepsides & Power Wagons from the late 70's that used to be EVERYWHERE? and all of the primered 69 Novas with a slight rake....Where did all of these go? You never see them anywhere...not even in boneyards...Sorry for not really clarifying my thoughts better.. ???

Khyron

It's the Japanese buying them up to melt them down into Hondas and Toyotas :shock:

But on a serious note I think I understand what you're saying. It's basically history repeating itself. A few years ago you couldn't give these cars away and now everyone that had them in the barn, garage, field are selling them while they can.

The muscle car phenomenon is weird. It has its up, it has its down. Right now we, especially as mopar guys are on a uphill climb. What used to be the bastard step child of the muscle car hangout <MOPAR> has almost overnight become the most sought after vehicle. So naturally. Those mopars that just sat there are going to get snapped up in a hurry.

To be short. Those great weekend days of driving the countryside and back roads looking for that rare and forgotten car and short.
I for one. Will miss them. Everyone thinks they have a gold mine rusting away. Some are right, some are wrong. It just means we need to change our game a bit.

Is that kinda what you meant?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dkn1997

look at the bright side, cap, maybe these disappearing cars are getting restored, or at least used to save a better car....
RECHRGED

CaptMarvel

Quote from: Khyron on January 19, 2006, 08:10:31 PM
It's the Japanese buying them up to melt them down into Hondas and Toyotas :shock:

But on a serious note I think I understand what you're saying. It's basically history repeating itself. A few years ago you couldn't give these cars away and now everyone that had them in the barn, garage, field are selling them while they can.

The muscle car phenomenon is weird. It has its up, it has its down. Right now we, especially as mopar guys are on a uphill climb. What used to be the bastard step child of the muscle car hangout <MOPAR> has almost overnight become the most sought after vehicle. So naturally. Those mopars that just sat there are going to get snapped up in a hurry.

To be short. Those great weekend days of driving the countryside and back roads looking for that rare and forgotten car and short.
I for one. Will miss them. Everyone thinks they have a gold mine rusting away. Some are right, some are wrong. It just means we need to change our game a bit.

Yep, along those lines....I mean, I'm not ancient yet, but I remember certain cars that were overproduced back in the 60s/70's IE: Camaros, trans Ams, Vegas, Pintos, Novas, Boogie vans, 4x4 stepsides, Honda ATC 3 wheelers, etc. that were literally everwhere, and now nothing (and it's only been say 20 years ago or so that this was the case) I have always understood the lack of Mopars & AMCs as they were underproduced, but where the heck are those Datsun 240/280Z cars that were the rage in the early 80's? (not that I ever really loved them, just curious) Oh, if anyone wonders where all of the 67-69 Merc Cougars went, they all seem to be running and on the west side of Fresno, Ca. There's no shortage of them Around here. Too bad their hidden headlight setup wouldnt interchange with a 2nd gen Charger... :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

Quote from: Khyron on January 19, 2006, 08:10:31 PM

ya sure blame the Japanese
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

JimShine

Yeah, many are recycled. Most areas have guys who take out ads looking for junk cars to haul away. They get all the free cars they can to earn extra money scrapping.

greenpigs

Quote from: JimShine on January 22, 2006, 02:05:45 AM
Yeah, many are recycled. Most areas have guys who take out ads looking for junk cars to haul away. They get all the free cars they can to earn extra money scrapping.

Better than getting a real job.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

hemihead

Five years ago I went to see my Uncle in Erie, Pa.and his neighbor had a very decent 69 Coronet 500 sitting in his front yard with weeds growing up around it.It was sitting a while as it had a 81 inspection sticker on it.I thought about it on the way home and called my Uncle and told him to ask his neighbor what he wanted for it.Well, my Uncle did that and the neighbor said he would think about it.Two weeks later the car is gone.My Uncle asked the neighbor what happened.It seems all of a sudden the neighbor put the car in storage to " fix up later".Story of my life.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

SeattleCharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 18, 2006, 11:35:58 AM
Quote from: andy74 on January 18, 2006, 10:11:30 AM

good come back!
:iagree: *SWISH!* :lol:

In your face,  boo-ya!      :nutkick:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

6pkrunner

I've watched many easily restorable Mopars return to their makers in driveways and backyards over 35 years or so. All of them were "Gonna fix 'er up some day." and rotted to not even Toyota material. Shame.