News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to find high temp foam safe adhesive for heaterbox in Australia ?

Started by 440, December 07, 2011, 09:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been restoring my heater box and it turns out that finding a solvent free, high temp adhesive is proving to be quite difficult. Anyone in Aus buy this stuff before or know where to obtain it?

buddybaker

About to go down that avenue, I've chased a few automotive contacts but everyone so far says I have to order it overseas. This isn't exactly a cake walk as it's not easy to ship aerosols/flammable materials over the big pond. People over here restore cars so what do they use? Finding a heater box workshop here is non existent.   

Will get there eventually...

charger Downunder

I would just stick some trim contact on it. If this stuff can survive in a locked up car in an Australian summer and under a vinyl roof i am sure it will be ok to use in a heater box.
Solvent free now that would be near impossible to get here.
What about this http://smashsupplies.com.au/shop/3M-General-Trim-Adhesive-8088-Clear-474gm.html
[/quote]

True, the Australian sun is quite harsh. Hottest day I've been through since here was 43C which is 113F.  Plus once it's in the heater box it can't really go anywhere. 220F is still quite a bit hotter though...