News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christmas Donations

Started by 67440chrg, December 02, 2011, 01:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

The American red cross President and CEO Marsha J.Evans gets $651,957 plus expenses for the year.

The unit Way President Brian Gallagher $375,000 Salary + benefits

UNICEF CEO Caryl M.Stern $1,200,000Salary ($100,000 Per month)+ expenses including a Rolls Royce Less than 5 cents per dollar goes to cause.

The Salvation Army Commissioner Todd Bassett Salary only $13,000 + housing. 96% of donations go to the cause.

The American Legion National Commander $0.00 Salary Donations help Veterans and their families.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars commander gets $0.00 Salary Donations help Veterans and their families

The Disabled American Veterans national commander gets $0.00 Salary Donations help Veterans and their families.

The Military Order of Purple Hearts National commander gets $0.00 salary Donations helpVeterans and their families.

The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander gets $0.00 salary Donations help Veterans and their families.

The Toys For Tots Your local Marine Corp All toys go to local kids in your area.

Somethings you might want to know. Please Help someone even if it is just someone local you know.
Thank You.

bull

Interesting. Where'd you find those numbers?

67440chrg

A coworker put it on the info board at work. I thought it was interesting and copied it and brought it home.

bull

Not too long ago there was a bunch of hullabaloo about the Goodwill president making $300k plus/yr. Some of these outfits are obviously more of a business than a charity. I agree we should think more about researching where the money goes before handing our money over to a "charity" that only applies small percentages of each dollar to their cause.

I do the My Coke Rewards thing where you rack up points for entering codes you get from Coke products online. One of the ways you can spent points is by donating to various charities but a 140-point donation to the USO for example only amounts to $2. If I used all the points I have compiled right now on that my total donation would be around $4.15. I'd rather get a one-year subscription to Popular Mechanics and then send $10 to the USO. I'd still be money ahead.

Troy

Your co-worker (and you) should research these things:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_charities_salaries.htm

And, for what it's worth, I wouldn't take any job managing millions of dollars at my current salary (or for free). I'm not sure why people making minimum wage doing a meaningless job feel that a CEO responsible for the livelihoods of hundreds or thousands of others (plus shareholders) should make approximately the same amount. Some of those charities are very efficient even after paying the CEO's salary. Those are the ones you want to donate to.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

67440chrg

I am glad you cleared this up. I will try to educate my self better next time sorry. Please fill me in who is the person making minimum wage doing a meaningless job?

bull

This is why I pay little heed to those regurgitate mass emails that old women like to pass on. 95% of it is BS, 4% of it is old news and the remaining 1% is usually irrelivant.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2011, 05:10:30 PM
This is why I pay little heed to those regurgitate mass emails that old women like to pass on. 95% of it is BS, 4% of it is old news and the remaining 1% is usually irrelivant.

Amen!  :yesnod:

mrsskip68

Well if ya want to donate this year, my advice is The Marines Toys For Tots Program! Already bought our donation, just have to drop it off!!! Also bringing a turkey, canned foods, anything to local shelters for the less fortunate. (oh and gently used warm clothing and blankets are so badly needed!)  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: Ok off my soapbox! Have a great weekend!  :cheers:
Lisa

The70RT

Just adopt a family and then you know what's going on.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mrsskip68

well with as many friends that my kids have over, i feel like I've adopted the neighborhood!!!  :rofl:
Lisa

Ponch ®

i dunno why some people only donate around the holidays. do it year round!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mrsskip68

bull

Ponch is right. And I'll gladly take donations 24/7 with 100% of the money going to the Charger. :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: bull on December 03, 2011, 02:48:55 PM
Ponch is right. And I'll gladly take donations 24/7 with 100% of the money going to the Charger. :2thumbs:

No doubt that's a good cause.............maybe even a needy cause but definitely not a worthy cause.  :lol:
Lets not forget the animal shelters. That's where my leftover dollars go.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2011, 12:30:19 AM

No doubt that's a good cause.............maybe even a needy cause but definitely not a worthy cause.  :lol:
Lets not forget the animal shelters. That's where my leftover dollars go.  :2thumbs:

Not worthy? Don't you want to see one more Charger back on the road? :eek:

I should do what some of those idiot redneck sellers do. Hold the Charger ransom and say unless I get $5k in donations by January 15, the restoration of the Charger will end and the car will be sent to the crusher. :naughty: :scratchchin:

Fred

Quote from: bull on December 04, 2011, 02:01:27 AM

No doubt that's a good cause.............maybe even a needy cause but definitely not a worthy cause.  :lol:
Lets not forget the animal shelters. That's where my leftover dollars go.  :2thumbs:

I should do what some of those idiot redneck sellers do. Hold the Charger ransom and say unless I get $5k in donations by January 15, the restoration of the Charger will end and the car will be sent to the crusher. :naughty: :scratchchin:

OK..........where do I send my donation? :icon_smile_big:

The70RT

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2011, 03:03:51 AM

OK..........where do I send my donation? :icon_smile_big:

there ya go  :lol: .....maybe threaten to turn it in to a general lee  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Paul G

A while back my wife sent a check to some charity we dont even remember. Now our mail box is full of junk mail from more places asking for more money. I have to sift through this crap every day just to find the real mail (bills).
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

flyinlow

I have always supported the Marines Toys for Tots .I get a kick out of  seeing a big tough Marine handing out Christmas toys.

If the Salvation Army people can stand out in the cold ringing that bell, giving over 90% of the money to the charity recipients, well that earns my donations.

However , my favorite Charity is TOYS FOR TA TA's ! For a donation of toys you can dive thru the tent of Ta Ta's. The lovely Santa's Helpers ( Columbus Gold Dancers) will open the doors of you car and sit on your lap and tell you what they want for Christmas, collecting donations for charity while doing so. Weather permitting this is always a Charger mission.

Happy Holidays!

Darkman

Go on....I dare ya  :icon_smile_big:  :nana:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Fred

Quote from: Paul G on December 04, 2011, 03:23:50 PM
A while back my wife sent a check to some charity we dont even remember. Now our mail box is full of junk mail from more places asking for more money. I have to sift through this crap every day just to find the real mail (bills).

If they're bills..................why don't they get sent to Bill's place??  :lol: