News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Compressors

Started by MoparManJim, December 04, 2011, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Okay,

"How many here ever had a friend lean you a used air compressor (when they have afew good ones at home) an with you using the air compressor AND in the middle of doing your work, have the dang piston snap an going into a pieces?" 

I was working with an air compressor last night that my friend Mark bought down for me to use when he has afew air compressor's on hand an yet he brings down the junk one he has that needs repair work in order for it to build air. So I take afew weeks back an repaired it with a new seal ring in the piston area after he tells me I can repair it if I want to, then the dang thing gives me issues at first, then just when I think I got them all taken care of yesterday I go to use the air compressor again an turn it on an it's running an the dang piston decides to go flying into a few pieces an smashes the new seal I just stuck in it. I mean parts when every where. I was standing next to it when it decided to leave go. The top area of the piston area came off an swung around (luckly it didn't hurt anyone) the piston went like a bullet as did the piston arm into pieces. Now Mark is no where to be found.  

Mark is around 28 years old, an is the type of guy that is always afraid he's going to be rip off by someone or someone will steal something from him.. yea he's that paranoid an he also loves to change his mind all the time on projects also. He will not even burn his own girlfriend a dang country music cd! I had to for her (me an her are good friends). Last night when the air compressor did what it did I got ahold of him, he said "I don't know what to tell you, Jim", he bought the air compressor down for me to use to work on his project (model) as I needed an air brush an I even told him. Even then he didn't want to help out to much, an asked me when I would be getting an air compressor (when he had 4 of them at his place an he doesn't use them) an I asked him to bring one of his down an he got into a pissing match with me, an he brings down not one of the 4 but one that needed repairs.

I will be honest, I loose to drop what I was always doing to go help him out with things but for the last 6 months I been kinda stopping that. Last Saturday, he came in (he wasn't down for almost 3 weeks) an he was looking for me to drop what I was doing an go with him to NY (6 hr drive one way) to get a cab for a little Husky tractor he has. I asked him why he just didn't have it ship to him as it would been easier an shipping lower also, he said he didn't want the man to rip him off or try something in the deal with him an that for the last week an half he was consistently almost keeping in contact with the guy by email with the guy an had him email him photos of the cab. He got alittle sore when I told him I wouldn't go to NY an that I had things to get done  :lol: .

A383Wing

Guess I don't understand...

What's the question??  :shruggy:

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Daytona R/T SE

My MMJ decoder ring tells me that Jim and his boyfriend are having a little spat...

NHCharger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 04, 2011, 07:14:31 PM
My MMJ decoder ring tells me that Jim and his boyfriend are having a little spat...
I don't know, sounds like he's banging Mark's GF.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dans 68

Quote from: A383Wing on December 04, 2011, 03:28:55 PM
Guess I don't understand...

What's the question??  :shruggy:

His first sentence. The rest is just dressing.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing

I wonder who is gonna have to sleep on "the couch"

MoparManJim

Quote from: NHCharger on December 04, 2011, 08:05:21 PM

Now listen here mister, I don't do stuff like that at all. Maybe you might but I don't.. I'm not saying you do stuff like that just saying though. 

FFor your info, me an her are only friends and that is IT nothing more nothing less. I would not "ever bang a friend of mine girlfriend" only players does that crap. 

MoparManJim

How dumb is people in life? question right in front of people an yet they don't understand what it is?  :hah: :hah: 

MoparManJim

He is a friend of mine an yes he is a boyfriend, but nothing like what your trying to make it sound like though. 

Also take your MMJ decoder ring stuff... I'm sick of hearing that crap all the time from people. 

I'm thinking of just asking Troy to delete my account here.

green69rt

This may stick my foot in my mouth and get me in more trouble than I want but.... would moparjim take his first note and rewrite it so I can tell what he wants??  Sounds like a compressor problem or a freindship problem.  Please don't take offense just give a little more info.....

Todd Wilson

elacruze

Clarify for me-

Your friend brought you one of his air compressors to use, and it broke, and you're complaining? I don't understand. Is he asking that you fix it?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

MoparManJim

Quote from: elacruze on December 04, 2011, 10:38:43 PM
Clarify for me-

Your friend brought you one of his air compressors to use, and it broke, and you're complaining? I don't understand. Is he asking that you fix it?

He bought down one that he had given to him by his neighbor down the road. They gave it to him because it wouldn't build air to well, well with me building his project for him an needing an air compressor to air brush his project. He figure the air compressor he had given to him he would bring down for me to use. I had more ass pains with the compressor then any dang thing. I fix it once an it started to build air an then I went to work with it the other day an wamo the dang piston breaks an things fly's all around an even hits me. Now I'm trying o rebuild two air compressor's piston areas an pistons out of steel to make my old air compressor an his work once again.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 04, 2011, 09:04:52 PM

Also take your MMJ decoder ring stuff... I'm sick of hearing that crap all the time from people.  

Then...maybe pick a language and master it :shruggy:

Ancient Arabic is easier to decipher than one of your posts :eek2:

TK73

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 05, 2011, 01:04:02 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

MoparManJim

No wonder fine people left this forum, it's because of people like you an your mouth. Sorry everyone isn't so perfect..

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 05, 2011, 01:19:44 AM

No wonder fine people left this forum, it's because of people like you an your mouth. Sorry everyone isn't so perfect..

:haha: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Fred

I'm cutting this whole page out and framing it..............it's a classic.   
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

I'm not so good with Venn diagrams but I'll give this one a shot

Friends          XXXXXXXXXXXX             XXXXXXXXXXXX        Friends
with              X                  X             X                  X        without
compressors   X                  X             X                  X        compressors
          XXXXXX XXXXXXX   X              X                 X
          X       X   X       X   X              X                 X
          X      XXXXXXXXXXXX              XXXXXXXXXXX
          X           X        X                        
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Friends               X        X    Compressors
who                   XXXXXX     that
lend                                   break
you                                   when
compressors                        lent
                                        by
                                        friends

So, Thus , actually we find that our sample range of "Compressors that break when they are lent by friends"  to be quite a narrow sample range amongst our respondents, if the question is to be answered.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

elacruze

Are these tiny airbrush compressors? Tell him if he wants his project worked on to bring a compressor that works.

How are you making pistons? How big are they?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Todd Wilson

MoparManJim

Quote from: elacruze on December 05, 2011, 08:08:46 AM
Are these tiny airbrush compressors? Tell him if he wants his project worked on to bring a compressor that works.

How are you making pistons? How big are they?

No, big ones, the 10 gallon one. The little tiny air brush ones will not even work with my air brushes. I need tools not toys.

MoparManJim

Plus I did some thinking last night, after what a member said in this very thread.. When I sign out today I don't think I will be signing back in. 

I'm sick an tired of people always *&^%ING making fun an picking on me due to my way of typing or even talking. So the heck what, I'm not perfect but that doesn't give you the right to pick on a person an make fun of them an how they talk.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 05, 2011, 02:01:14 PM
Plus I did some thinking last night, after what a member said in this very thread.. When I sign out today I don't think I will be signing back in. 

I'm sick an tired of people always *&^%ING making fun an picking on me due to my way of typing or even talking. So the heck what, I'm not perfect but that doesn't give you the right to pick on a person an make fun of them an how they talk.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove:

:wave:

Fred

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 05, 2011, 02:01:14 PM

Hey MoparManJim, don't take all this nonsense to heart.
I would never put a person down for what he has or hasn't got or what he knows or doesn't know or what he can or can't do. In my book we are all equal.
As long as you have a good heart............you're a friend of mine.
Please keep signing in.  :cheers: Fred.

NHCharger

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 04, 2011, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on December 04, 2011, 08:05:21 PM

Now listen here mister, I don't do stuff like that at all. Maybe you might but I don't.. I'm not saying you do stuff like that just saying though. 

FFor your info, me an her are only friends and that is IT nothing more nothing less. I would not "ever bang a friend of mine girlfriend" only players does that crap. 

Jesus Jim, I was goofing, lighten up a bit. This is off topic where everything and everyone is fair game. i don't take anything to seriously in this section.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

skip68

Speak for yourself Fred.   I'm perfect and better than anyone on this site.  Everybody wants to be me.   :nana:   If you guys don't leave Jim alone I will find you, drag you outside, pull your pants down and spank you.   Do I have to pull this car over?    :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NHCharger

Quote from: skip68 on December 05, 2011, 07:52:00 PM
I will find you, drag you outside, pull your pants down and spank you. 

Careful there Skip. I heard there's a few guys on this site that typically pay for that service.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Fred

Speak for yourself Fred.   I'm perfect and better than anyone on this site.  Everybody wants to be me.   :nana:   If you guys don't leave Jim alone I will find you, drag you outside, pull your pants down and spank you.   Do I have to pull this car over?    :icon_smile_big:

YES PLEASE!! :nana:
AREN'T I ALWAYS SAYING.............slap me!

Fred

Quote from: NHCharger on December 05, 2011, 07:59:54 PM
I will find you, drag you outside, pull your pants down and spank you. 

Careful there Skip. I heard there's a few guys on this site that typically pay for that service.

I'm not paying for it...............Skip just offered to do it for free!!   :nana:

A383Wing

are we sure that was not Lisa using Skippys account to say that?

just sayin'

skip68

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  

You guys are crazy if you think I'm giving it out for free.  Then again, it's almost Christmas so I suppose I can give a few free spankings.   How would you like it?  With the belt or bare handed? ???   I know Fred likes it with warm body oil and hot wax.   :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on December 05, 2011, 09:24:07 PM

You guys are crazy if you think I'm giving it out for free.  Then again, it's almost Christmas so I suppose I can give a few free spankings.   How would you like it?  With the belt or bare handed? ???   I know Fred likes it with warm body oil and hot wax.   :rofl:

Hey Skip I'm thinking we must have known each other in a past life or something.................you seem to know my inner most secrets!!  :D  :slap:

TK73

This thing is screaming now:

TK73

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on December 05, 2011, 09:24:07 PM

I know Fred likes it with warm body oil and hot wax.   :rofl:

sitting here wondering how you "know" how Fred likes it...

maybe I really don't wanna know

movin' on

Fred

Hello Boys!!!
I'm dying to meet you all..........bring plenty of hot wax.
Fred :icon_smile_big:

10% not 9.8

TK73

mrsskip68

Dont leave the site Jim. Some of those guys are just bullys with small penis'! Makes them feel better to put others down, but there are lots of people here that are more mature and caring!  :2thumbs: As far as your story went, I think it is crappy that you are doing work for someone and he brings you a piece of crap to finish HIS project! Tell him if he wants it done, and done right, bring a working compressor. If he doesnt like it, tell him to pick his shit up and go!  :Twocents: Hope you read this and come back!  :yesnod:
Lisa

Fred

Thanks Lisa for getting the topic back on track. We got pretty waylayed there for a bit with a lot of silly nonsense but heck...........it was fun while it lasted :rofl:.

autodynamics

I say go rub your ball bearings on her and tell your boy about it

mrsskip68

Bob T

Jim, dont take it personally.
My Venn took quite some time and in my humble view was more a humorous take on the situation, Not a personal dig at you.  2 different things I thought at the time, I didn't expect it would be interpreted otherwise.

No more or no less than I would do or say to anybody in any other thread.

:cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.