News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want tail light black but still illuminate red when lights turn on

Started by amazing8268, December 04, 2011, 05:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing8268

2011 dodge charger Mopar Limited Edition!!!!
I have seen many replacement lights that come black with red illumination but my tail light runs completely across the rear end!
I am trying to figure out if I can tent it black but leave only the very narrow section where the light actually appears when turned on untested but I am thinking that there may be an easier way I have not thought about!
Any ideas or recommendations please let me know!
I want to change it because my car is blacked out completely other than the blue mopar stripes ( significant to the class of the car) and the red tail light!

Dino

You can 'smoke' the taillights.  With a spraycan or hvlp gun you can tint the taillight black and the light will still shine through.  Check your local autoparts store, they usually have them on the shelves.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

doctor4766

People are always asking me to tint tail lights or headlight covers, but typically film wont work well.
There's a product call Night Shades which you spray onto the outside of the lens.
You could in fact mask off that strip you want, but would probably look better if you tint the whole thing.
Be careful though, and dont lay it on too thick. Apply it in light coats til it's dark enough but you can still see the brake lights in the daytime.

Quote from: A383Wing on December 04, 2011, 03:30:09 PM
check with your local laws as well...
Yeah that too.
Gotta love a '69

amazing8268

Very nice guys! Thanks a lot! I will be checking into those options! I really like the spray on idea! Take care.