News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger, quarter window trim and rain gutter issues...

Started by madmike, January 06, 2012, 02:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike

I'm re-assembling a '68 Charger rolling basket case, with most parts not there.  I didn't take it apart, so I am having difficulty putting it back together...  I'm using a service manual for a '69 Charger, but in many cases I think this is OK.  I'm looking at page group 23-13, figure 21 roof rail weatherstrip.  This is a very confusing drawing...!!

Per picture 09a, on the rear quarter windows, I installed the rubber piece that lays against the glass first, then I bolted in the glass.  Later, I retrieved the stainless steel trim piece.  After looking at them, I think the stainless steel trim should have gone on first, then the rubber piece, correct?  Also, should the upper roof rain gutter trim and weather strip all be installed, before the stainless piece shown in the photo?

Per picture 13a, on the inside of the rear quarter window, this piece appears to have a felt strip against the glass, not rubber.  It has five small mounting holes in the strip, but I can't find five mating mounting holes in anything, including the galvanized bolster piece.  How does this piece attach to the car?

keenkeener

The felt strip is attached to the rear padded upper interior door panel. It was originally stapled to this panel but the new ones have to be screwed to it or riveted.

madmike

Thank you for your help.  I thought that was the case.  I got my interior door panels out, but some previous owner had them re-upholstered (shoddily), and I couldn't find any evidence of how that window seal strip attached to it.  Thanks again!