News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

torsion bars

Started by Aussi440, December 08, 2011, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussi440

Everyone, Just had my front suspension re-done on my 68 Charger, I have the stock big block springs in the back with the extra leaf, poly bushings up front and the PST 1.03 torsion bars...the torsion bars are put in the same way on both sides but the passenger side of the car ride height sits and inch higher than the driver side, both bars are adjusted with the same tension.  The rear passenger side sits a bit higher b/c of the extra leaf in the spring.  I am wondering if something could be binding that makes the car sit higher in the right side or if this an effect of the rear springs?

Thoughts?

Ghoste

I can't say that it's right but I can tell you I've had the same thing.

elacruze

Having the adjuster bolts at the same thread count is no guarantee of equal height. Consider that the mounting hex in the crossmember may be welded in just a little off from one side to the other.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Chryco Psycho

adjusting the front t bar to increase height will put more pressure on the opposite corner of the car & level it