News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starter issues

Started by Charger 512, February 25, 2012, 08:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger 512

i bolted on a mini starter and the positive lead is so close to the block i can't get the nut on.
Anybody else run into this,And what did u do about it?

flyinlow

Did you take the extention bracket off the terminals?

Back N Black

Did you remove the plastic block thingy?? Pic one shows the extension bracket and pic two the starter installed with the extension removed.

Charger 512

Ya i did exactly the way u have it is how it sits but that terminal hits the dam block.
I don't know why! for some reason the starter sits closer than the one u show.
would it be that i bought this fukn thing from 440 Source.I'll take a pic and show ya.

nvrbdn

mine didnt, but i was under my car a couple days ago, and noticed that the little hump where the bolt goes through holding the case together is touching my hedder. im assuming the heat will kill the starter quick.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

flyinlow

Is the starter fully seated? I had to dress the nose with a file slightly. Car quest ,not 440 source.

gtx6970

I've done 2 of these with no issues
BUT, I've heard of the problems you described and was told to grind the block ever so slightly

Charger 512

Thanx for your input guys, i'm going to try different starter tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.