News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tarantinos next flick...

Started by TK73, November 30, 2011, 01:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

What is it?

I like his stuff for the most part but I wish he'd cut back on all the talking. Way too much dialogue. The first half of Death Proof is a miserable experience. Inglorious Basterds was pretty good and I thought the Kill Bill movies were pretty good too. Still can't beat Pulp Fiction though when it comes to Tarantino movies.

TK73

Django Unchained - 2012 release

http://www.tarantino.info/

Odd story line so lets see if this one goes off well...  Kill Bill 3 after this one by some reports

TK73

Quote from: bull on November 30, 2011, 02:21:48 AM
What is it?

I like his stuff for the most part but I wish he'd cut back on all the talking. Way too much dialogue. The first half of Death Proof is a miserable experience. Inglorious Basterds was pretty good and I thought the Kill Bill movies were pretty good too. Still can't beat Pulp Fiction though when it comes to Tarantino movies.

Certainly Pulp Fiction!! Caught that twice when it was in theaters... watch at least once a year now...

I. B. was too violent for me, good movie but just a bit to much... Did just download it to watch again though, gotta get a couple of viewings in to get a better "feel".

K.B. is at least once per year for me, LOVE those 2... Lucy Liu  YUM  :icon_smile_big:

Don't catch Reservior Dogs or Jackie Brown much...

Didn't like Grindhouse or From Dusk til Dawn, didn't direct From dusk though.

One of his best that he wrote but did not direct is True Romance.

I just happen to like his character development, well written characters add so much depth. Reminds me of the older movies of the 60's and 70's where you got storyline with characters, not just killing and explosions with shallow dialogue.

Dino

I'll definitely give it a shot.  Absolutely love Pulp Fiction and Inglorious B.
I enjoyed the KB movies but not the grindhouse things but was pleasantly surprised with IB, I see it every few months.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Old Moparz

I like his movies, too.  :cheers:

There is one he made called "Killing Zoe" that was very good. The basic theme is about a bank robbery that has a few twists & oddities in it, but that's all I'll say so I don't ruin it if you haven't seen it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

anyone ever catch the movie destiny turns on the radio ??  
 cool A-12 road runner clone that queintin drives in it  

not a great movie but cool cars

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112854/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RuXHSF68cI

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TK73

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2011, 08:47:25 AM
I like his movies, too.  :cheers:

There is one he made called "Killing Zoe" that was very good. The basic theme is about a bank robbery that has a few twists & oddities in it, but that's all I'll say so I don't ruin it if you haven't seen it.

Got the soundtrack for Killing Zoe, only saw the movie once though...

Ponch ®

The dialogue and semi obscure cultural references are what make his movies so engaging. The foot massage conversation in Pulp Fiction and Bill's "Superman" soliloquy at the end of KB2 are pure brilliance.

I first watched Pulp Fiction as soon as it came out on VHS when I was 14 or so and I've been fascinated by it ever since. I must have watched it a billion times by now and I'm still having "A HA!" moments. Probably my all time favorite movie.

Jackie Brown is underrated. The basic plotline is not QT's, but the dialogue is all him.

I was a little disappointed with Basterds....it was good, but it kinda lost me. At some point it got to be too much about the blood and gore and less about the story itself.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...it's being filmed at the Valuzet's Melody Ranch right now  :coolgleamA:

Mike DC

:Twocents:

QT is taking the same career path as George Lucas - some GREAT early stuff but essentially no growth afterward.  Just ever-worsening retreads of the early stuff.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 30, 2011, 03:38:40 PM

:Twocents:

QT is taking the same career path as George Lucas - some GREAT early stuff but essentially no growth afterward.  Just ever-worsening retreads of the early stuff.

Kevin Smith is another example. You watch Clerks and go "wow". You watch "Cop Out" and go "seriously?" Its somewhat of a paradox. When they're young (and broke) auteurs , they have to rely more on good writing and clever filmmaking. Then they become successful and start relying on big stars and special effects and some of that is lost.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

Could be that perception...  Even though I. Basterds made a WHOLE lotta money in both US and International markets.

All 3 examples made themselves... well, as Chapelle said "I'm RICH BITCH"

stripedelete

Like most of his stuff.  Pulp Fiction goes with out saying. After that, it's Reservoir Dogs for me. Not big on the KBs and for some reason IB reruns don't grab me - not sure why.  I do agree that Jackie Brown was underrated.

moparstuart

Quote from: stripedelete on November 30, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Like most of his stuff.  Pulp Fiction goes with out saying. After that, it's Reservoir Dogs for me. Not big on the KBs and for some reason IB reruns don't grab me - not sure why.  I do agree that Jackie Brown was underrated.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   pam grier  :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1BAD68

Quote from: TK73 on November 30, 2011, 02:33:17 AM

I. B. was too violent for me, good movie but just a bit to much

I agree but I didn't mind it because I hate those damn natzi's

Mike DC

QuoteKevin Smith is another example. You watch Clerks and go "wow". You watch "Cop Out" and go "seriously?" Its somewhat of a paradox. When they're young (and broke) auteurs , they have to rely more on good writing and clever filmmaking. Then they become successful and start relying on big stars and special effects and some of that is lost.

The whole phenomenon of artists doing their best work early-on in their careers is much bigger than just the film industry.  

In other artistic fields it does not seem like it's so much about being lazy.  When rock bands start to suck they usually still sound like they are putting some effort into trying, even if they are failing.  And how many successful bands did their best work when they were too drugged-up to possibly be trying very hard in the first place?  Relative to that, I'll bet some of the aging ones are trying harder than when they were in their prime and making hits.

But when filmmakers get in a slump it feels like they just quit putting forth the effort.  

I dunno, maybe it's because filmmaking is so effort-intensive to do.  It's such a marathon of effort to do a movie even compared to being a band on tour.  Bands have to work hard for 3-4 hours several times a week but they don't have to keep up the creative enthusiasm for the sheer length of time it takes for a movie.  Going from pre-production to final editing on a big Hollywood movie means working a massive amount of hours in a couple years time.          

NHCharger

Been a big Tarantino fan since this movie.
OK, maybe more of a Selma Hayek fan  :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaveikyikE
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1BAD68

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2011, 10:35:14 PM
OK, maybe more of a Selma Hayek fan  :lol: :lol: