News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NFL on DC.C

Started by Steelman, November 27, 2005, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

There always seems to be a lot of people who are due for this and that. But I'll put it like this, it is not one players fault they lost. So I don't think people should place blame on manning. He had a slow start yes, but put up decent numbers overall. He did his part, the running game was non existent in the game. The defense got burned early and often. It takes a team to win, not individual efforts.

Steelman

Alexander should not play tomorrow,his brain was slammed against his skull,they can win without him,that's not to say Panthers are a pushover,but geess,what is this kid thinking.
What do you guys and gals here think?
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

Afflyer

:bawling: "Lord help my Colts."  :bawling:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

472 R/T SE

I disagree Steelman.  There's no way Seattle wins without Alexander.  I think a little of my thought depends on whether Peppers plays.  Even if Peppers plays, a shoulder injury is gonna have him less than 100%.  Yeah I think Peppers brings that much.

Do I think the MVP is rushing back too soon.  Yes.   But why are the Dr's releasing him?

firefighter3931

Well, the Steelers are going to the big show....guess they're for real !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

472 R/T SE

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 22, 2006, 07:22:19 PM
Well, the Steelers are going to the big show....guess they're for real !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

I won't pull for them Ron, every team I've been behind has lost... :-\  So with that said, I'd like to see the home town win but I think the Steelers D will be too much.  There, I didn't committ.  ;D
Not bad for a 6th seed to make it all the way.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

firefighter3931

Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 23, 2006, 01:06:59 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 22, 2006, 07:22:19 PM

Ron

I won't pull for them Ron, every team I've been behind has lost... :-\  So with that said, I'd like to see the home town win but I think the Steelers D will be too much.  There, I didn't committ.  ;D
Not bad for a 6th seed to make it all the way.

Yep, i gotta agree with ya Mike....that Steeler "D" is awesome. Can't see the Hawks having much success against them. The Steeler offense is very impressive as well. That youngster they've got at QB had a 138 rating during the first half yesterday  :o Nice to see the Bus get a chance to play in his hometown in what could be his final game.

Should be a great game....both teams are deserving. I like Seattle too and Holmgren is a class act....it's just that i've luved the Steelers since i was a kid...Mike Webster was my hero. If both teams play as well during the Superbowl, as they have getting there....then we're in for one hell of a show.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chris G.

I'm gonna be ill Ron. :icon_smile_dead: I can't believe they have come this far, but they are deserving. I hope Seattle is ready to block the blitz all day long. Whoever the Steelers receiving coach is, he should get a huge raise. Those guys never drop a ball. Anyway...Go Hawks!!!

ps- Mike Webster? Dang Ron, how old are 'ya?  :angel:

69_500

Mike Webster? Hmm odd to hear that name brought up as someone's favorite player. Typically people tend to idolize RB's, QB's, LB's or WR's not linemen.

1970440RT

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 23, 2006, 11:01:10 AM
I'm gonna be ill Ron. :icon_smile_dead: I can't believe they have come this far, but they are deserving. I hope Seattle is ready to block the blitz all day long. Whoever the Steelers receiving coach is, he should get a huge raise. Those guys never drop a ball. Anyway...Go Hawks!!!

ps- Mike Webster? Dang Ron, how old are 'ya?  :angel:

Trust me , they have had some trouble holding on to the ball.  Only recently have they stepped their game up.  Cedric Wilson really hasn't done anything all season.  He sure picked a good time turn it on!  Big Ben has got to get credit for not only his leadership but also utilizing ALL the receivers.  No outstanding big numbers superstar, just a bunch of good guys with a lot of heart playing as a team and getting the job done.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 11:58:25 AM
Mike Webster? Hmm odd to hear that name brought up as someone's favorite player. Typically people tend to idolize RB's, QB's, LB's or WR's not linemen.

Well seeing as that i was an offensive lineman in college and semi-pro....that doesn't seem odd to me  ;D Mike was the best center that ever played, bar none. The other center i really admired was Dwight Stephenson who played for the Dolphins....another standout ball snapper. I was just a kid in the Bradshaw era but i remember it well. That O-line was very impressive with Webster, Kolb, Courson and the others who's names escape me right now. Their current O-line is pretty descent as well.  ;)

The game is won and lost on the line of scrimmage...i learned that lesson very early on when i was playing. Funny thing is when i'm watching the game, i always key in on the O-lineman and observe what they're doing, trap blocking, doubleteams, scoop blocks....it's all "a game within a game" so to speak. Pittsburgh's O-line is very well coached from what i've seen. Their pass protection is outstanding and their backs do a great job picking up the blitz. Seattle is gonna have to throw some weird stunts at them if they've got any hope of reaching the QB. Should be interesting because Seattle has a very good front seven and they'll be coming for Big Ben....they better get to him early after the snap or he'll hurt them with his passing.

Ron

bull

You guys have to go back a few pages and read all the comments now that the two Superbowl teams have been determined. It's pretty entertaining in perspective.

69_500

I wasn't meaning it in a negative way, I remembered your photo of you playing ball in another thread. I also remember Stephenson from the Dolphins. There are quite a few popular O line playes over the years. Not many get credit for what they do, but some always seem to stand out.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 02:58:22 PM
I wasn't meaning it in a negative way, I remembered your photo of you playing ball in another thread. I also remember Stephenson from the Dolphins. There are quite a few popular O line playes over the years. Not many get credit for what they do, but some always seem to stand out.

No Offense taken Danny.  ;) I have to agree with you though....O-lineman usually only get their number called by the ref when he's penalized the team.  :P

Ron

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on January 23, 2006, 02:36:06 PM
You guys have to go back a few pages and read all the comments now that the two Superbowl teams have been determined. It's pretty entertaining in perspective.

I'm guilty, that's for sure.  :-[

Ron, is the myth true that Mike Webster was bald by the age of 10?  ;D

8WHEELER

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 23, 2006, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 11:58:25 AM

Well seeing as that i was an offensive lineman in college and semi-pro....that doesn't seem odd to me  ;D Mike was the best center that ever played, bar none. The other center i really admired was Dwight Stephenson who played for the Dolphins....another standout ball snapper. I was just a kid in the Bradshaw era but i remember it well. That O-line was very impressive with Webster, Kolb, Courson and the others who's names escape me right now. Their current O-line is pretty descent as well.  ;)

The game is won and lost on the line of scrimmage...i learned that lesson very early on when i was playing. Funny thing is when i'm watching the game, i always key in on the O-lineman and observe what they're doing, trap blocking, doubleteams, scoop blocks....it's all "a game within a game" so to speak. Pittsburgh's O-line is very well coached from what i've seen. Their pass protection is outstanding and their backs do a great job picking up the blitz. Seattle is gonna have to throw some weird stunts at them if they've got any hope of reaching the QB. Should be interesting because Seattle has a very good front seven and they'll be coming for Big Ben....they better get to him early after the snap or he'll hurt them with his passing.

Ron

Words from a Man that should no his Offense  ;D  Yep our Hawks have a very good line, but I never got a flag pulled on me
back in the good old days of in the trenches, ok no more than 3 flags  ;D Between our line and Mack Strong, Alexander would
not have near the yards he does have, just looks at his yards in years past, this year we have all the tools. After saying that
It will be a big test for us with the Steelers D. But I am more concerned with how well our defence will do. This will be the
best offence we has seen maybe all year, our line has been doing well as of late and I think they have been showing people
they are better than they thought. Our D-backs did very well sunday I hope they can handle the Steelers receivers as well.

I predicted a two touchdown win sunday, the Superbowl I think will be a close affair, Hawks winning I hope  :icon_smile_cool:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 23, 2006, 08:50:18 PM

Ron, is the myth true that Mike Webster was bald by the age of 10?  ;D

:lol: Chris, ya i think you are right on that one. I allways remembered him as having thinning or no hair.

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 23, 2006, 10:02:24 PM
but I never got a flag pulled on me
back in the good old days of in the trenches, ok no more than 3 flags 

I predicted a two touchdown win sunday, the Superbowl I think will be a close affair, Hawks winning I hope  :icon_smile_cool:

Dan

Dan after i read the first part of your senetence i was beginning to chuckle...O-linemen never admit to getting penalties !  :icon_smile_big:

I agree on the prediction...should be a tight game. The key, inmo, will be Seattle's ability to pick up the blitz. Hasselbeck will have to dump the ball off quick or he'll be on his back a lot. Haven't seen much of the Hawk defense but it sure looked good on Sunday.  :thumbs:

Ron