News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ATTN third gen guys...ref original car

Started by HeavyFuel, December 02, 2011, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

I just talked to a guy that I've known for a while, but we never talked about cars before.....I know, weird, huh?  He saw a '68 charger mag ad on my wall at work, and that started things off.

Anyway, it turns out that he has/had a '71 that has been babied it's whole existence.  Got it from his grampa, who bought it new.

For instance:
- 800 some original miles
- still has the dealership paper floormats in the backseat
- original everything under the hood (which is what you'd expect with only 800 miles)
- jack has never been out of the trunk, spare only removed to polish with armour all
- this car was sold, driven to "the farm" and basically was never driven much again
- always kept in a heated environment

It's B5 blue with blue interior, 318, SE, vinyl top (sorry, didn't get the color), counsole automatic. :2thumbs:

Basically once or twice a summer the boys would drive out to the farm and take the car out, to keep the car in somewhat decent running order.  Beside s that it just sat.

Then get this........he said that he just sold it to an old dude that is a good friend of his that is getting older, can't really drive anymore, but had a car like it when he was young.   Sold it to him for $5k, with the understanding that the old dude would will it back to him when he dies.   Sounds odd.....but, hey, weird stuff happens out there.   Someone a couple years ago offered him $19 k for it, and he didn't want to sell at that time.

I asked for lots of pics......I'm sure you guys would like to see under the hood of that thing for reference purposes.  The guy might be bullshiting me...we'll see. :shruggy:      

E5 Charger

800 miles! Sounds too good to be true. How can you have such a nice car and not drive it? I'm looking forward to the photos, they would be excellent for reference.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

NHCharger

I don't know. I got a feeling this could peg the BS meter.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

HeavyFuel

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2011, 10:10:48 PM
I don't know. I got a feeling this could peg the BS meter.

That's totally possible.  The guy is a little off...if you get my drift....so who knows?  (he told me he sold it because he didn't want any more toys sitting around.   :shruggy:  Can you imagine?)    He's not really "car guy", and I get this because he said his Dad has a 'Bee, that he thinks is '69.  He thinks?  If my old man had a 'bee, I'd sure as hell know what year the thing was!

So maybe he owned the '71, but didn't really make much effort to get it out.  According to him it was kept about an hour away on the farm.

If there's any truth to this story, I'll have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, it's nice that the car is being preserved.  On the other, it's been kind of a waste just sitting in storage all these years, and may continue to do so.  Maybe I'm just envious it's not mine! :icon_smile_tongue:

Again....I'll keep you posted...

71_Charger_R/T