News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Poll: Sweet Potatoes - How Do You Like 'Em?

Started by 68X426, November 23, 2011, 02:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Do You Like Your Sweet Pototoes?

Old School - Brown Sugar & Butter
17 (34.7%)
New Wave - Fruit and Nuts and Anything Goes
0 (0%)
DisneyLand - Marshmallows
2 (4.1%)
S&M - Whip Those Bad Boys Up
0 (0%)
Pie - Make It a Pie Everytime
0 (0%)
Hate 'Em Every Which Way
28 (57.1%)
Fred Style - with Garlic
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: January 22, 2012, 02:16:01 AM

nvrbdn

ok, i worked yesterday 16 hours. a guy i work with felt sorry for the 3 that decided to camp out in the office. brought in complete turkey meals for us all. we each had pre made plates which included sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows. i thought what the heck. so i tried em...............................and then another taste.........................and they actually wernt bad at all. guess i have to change my vote.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

gtx6970

Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2011, 10:31:45 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on November 23, 2011, 08:34:31 AM
Baked, mashed, fried as chips or french fries, especially baked and smothered in cinamon and brown sugar and butter - doesn't matter. I like them better than idaho potatoes

I thought Idaho potatoes are supposed to be the best potato ever..................so you've just got to like them. :D

to me, the only reason for Idaho potatoes is give me something to smother in butter, bakon and sour cream and chives.

And I'll add, Yams with think syrup and marshmallows is good to, sprinkled with brown sugar.

Had exactly that yesterday thank you very much. leftovers today. ,,,,,,,,yum :drool5:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 25, 2011, 09:58:12 AM
ok, i worked yesterday 16 hours. a guy i work with felt sorry for the 3 that decided to camp out in the office. brought in complete turkey meals for us all. we each had pre made plates which included sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows. i thought what the heck. so i tried em...............................and then another taste.........................and they actually wernt bad at all. guess i have to change my vote.

Welcome to the dark side! ...or is it the orange side?  :scratchchin:

It tastes similar to pumpkin pie, at least to me.

BBD

flyinlow

The70RT

I used to really hate them, now they have kinda grown on me. I like them deep fried best with ranch dressing.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

adauto

I hate alot of things about the holidays.... thats one of them!  :eek2:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

b5blue

I just micro till soft, scoop them out of the skin and eat them plain. No fancy pants for me, just tater.

dodgecharger-fan

Crispy Sweet potato Fries, please.

They've never been a traditional dish at holiday time in my family. So, fries the rest of the year make up for it...

mrsskip68

Fred, courious about your garlic recipe. Tell me the steps you do?  And have you tried it on other root veggies?
Lisa

BrianShaughnessy

I like a nice loaded sweet potato when I go to texas roadhouse or someplace like that.

Several diners and restaurants around me offer sweet potato fries for a small upcharge - even Ruby Tuesday.  I prefer them over the regular potato fries anymore because every other place doesn't make their fries like 5 guys  :drool5:   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 01, 2011, 02:23:59 AM
Fred, courious about your garlic recipe. Tell me the steps you do?  And have you tried it on other root veggies?
Lisa

Lisa, my wife puts some olive oil in a baking tray and adds plenty of crushed garlic.
She cuts the pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato and zucchini into chunks and rolls them in the oil and garlic to coat them.
And bakes them in the oven until the skin is nice and crispy on the outside and mushy on the inside.
And with vegies such as cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts, she cooks those in the microwave and then in a frypan, she fries up some chopped onion and garlic in a bit of butter and olive oil and then just tosses the cooked vegies to coat them.
we generally have them with roast pork or lamb. YUMMMM!!!!!       Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

Thanks Fred, sounds yummy! Gonna try that this winter, for a nice side dish!   :2thumbs:
Lisa