News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Term "Copo"... (Plz move to "off topic")

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 20, 2006, 01:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Got me wondering...  The term "Copo" refering to Camaros is:  "Central Office Production Order", but I've heard this term other places in the MoPar world refering to say the cop wheels etc...  Have you also heard this term referring to such an item, or even a police pkg on something?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sure it wasnt Capo?...... I hear that a lot around here :errr:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4402tuff4u

Other than GMC Camaro, I've heard the term COPO been used loosly when refering to a vehicle not licensed for street use. I've heard comparison's made between COPO's and Mopars, but never heard it specifically applied to a Mopar or a police package vehicle.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hemihead

Never heard that term applied to anything Mopar unless it was misused by someone that didn't speak the Mother's language.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

greenpigs

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 20, 2006, 01:55:38 AM
  Got me wondering...  The term "Copo" refering to Camaros is:  "Central Office Production Order", but I've heard this term other places in the MoPar world refering to say the cop wheels etc...  Have you also heard this term referring to such an item, or even a police pkg on something?

Aficionado is going to start flipping Camaros..spread the word.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 20, 2006, 06:54:37 AM

Uh oh!  Troy is gonna lock this thread for sure now!

Todd

Ponch ®

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 20, 2006, 06:54:37 AM

as in "Ponch is Il Capo di Tutti Capo"?

BTW - anyone notice that the Barrett Jackson Speed announcers dont know what theyre talking about half the time?

"the 383 was the base V8 you could get for a chrysler car". ::)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

89MOPAR

Sounds like Brock Yates quote - but in a sense he was sort of correct - late 60's thru 71   a 383 2 barrel would be the base motor for many Chrysler badged vehicles [ not plymouth or dodge]
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Ponch ®

Quote from: 89MOPAR on January 20, 2006, 02:07:30 PM
Sounds like Brock Yates quote - but in a sense he was sort of correct - late 60's thru 71   a 383 2 barrel would be the base motor for many Chrysler badged vehicles [ not plymouth or dodge]

he's not on this year. it was some other guy. They were talking about a Coronet, if memory serves me right.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RD

Quote from: Ponch on January 20, 2006, 02:21:17 PM
Quote from: 89MOPAR on January 20, 2006, 02:07:30 PM

he's not on this year. it was some other guy. They were talking about a Coronet, if memory serves me right.

ponch, i know what you are talking about.  I would hear them and half of what they say is just talking out their a55.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: greenpigs on January 20, 2006, 08:38:14 AM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 20, 2006, 01:55:38 AM

Aficionado is going to start flipping Camaros..spread the word.

Nope thats Hooked On Mopars job now
Chris' '69 Charger R/T