News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you guys think?

Started by chargd72, November 24, 2011, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Got my hands on a free cold air intake from a Chally R/T.  Popped it on the Charger to see if I like it.  It's been sitting on there for a couple days so I have to see it every time I go into the garage and I must say I'm liking it more each time I see it.  What do you guys think?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

bobs66440

Not my favorite look, but if you like it, that's all that matters!   :cheers:

Probably better flow than a conventional filter. :2thumbs:

Paul G

It looks very functional. Would be better to get the cone filter on the other side of the core support where cooler air is, if possible. Looks like it could be the answer to hood clearance issues as well.  
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BigBlockSam

QuoteIt looks very functional

:yesnod:  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Fred

Looks like it could be the answer to hood clearance issues as well.  
[/quote]

x2

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

chargd72

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote from: Paul G on November 24, 2011, 02:20:51 PM
It looks very functional. Would be better to get the cone filter on the other side of the core support where cooler air is, if possible. Looks like it could be the answer to hood clearance issues as well. 

I was planning something like that. Was thinking about building a box around the filter and cutting a hole in the rad support to feed it some fresh air :scratchchin:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Cooter

Agreed, need to move it...
Think where that filter is mounted.. Right beside a 230 Degree radiator fan pulling HOT air right into your carb....Not good at all.
It only  provides cold air when mounted AWAY from the radiator..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargd72

Cooter, Do you think if I do what I mentioned above it would still need to be relocated?