News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Friday-you going??

Started by NHCharger, November 25, 2011, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

This is why I don't go. :smilielol: All for a $2.00 waffle maker

http://www.twitvid.com/QM7T7

Actually my Dad and I are heading to Harbor Freight Tools, hopefully we won't encounter any of this.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Hell no! My favorite day NOT going anywhere. Deals online are just as good if not better. And you dont have to deal with people attitudes once they get all pissed off cause there not finding what they want.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

this is my weekend for christmas decorations. it takes at least 3 days to do the outside up right. i am gettin ready to start hauling the stuff down from the garage attic, but the cougar has to sit outside for the next 3 days while the christmas goes up. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

gtx6970

absolutely not, I don't go anywhere near a department store.
I am heading to the shop to get some backorders packed/shipped and the rest of the dash cluster done today.

chargermike

never going. i hate shopping the other 364 daze.

TK73

Seems a lot of people bow to their retail overlords who hand down a blessing in the form of a "sale"...   :rotz:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

Damn, forgot...

Have to go to Ace Hardware. 
What kind of mob will I have to pepper spray in the paint section there?
Gonna be riots at the spray paint shelf.

djcarguy

LOTS OF STUPID SHEEP OUT THERE,THEY HEAR SALE AND RUN OUT IN THE COLD TO FIGHT OVER old stock and junk they dont need and cant afford.  am surprised they dont drownd like dumbass turkeys in a rain storm. dumbbies started lining up weds nite,hope they all get frost bite or sick,,,,morrans..
     oh have a nice peaceful day off ,standing in line.hahaha

Silver R/T

I wouldn't want to freeze my balls off camping out by the store and then risk my life getting stomped by a bunch of crazy shoppers. All this just to save a few bucks off of an item that can be bought on Ebay for about same price.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Saving my time and dignity is more important than saving a few bucks on something I really don't need. These people act like animals being thrown a table scrap.

Last year my wife decided to try the black Friday thing to get a 36" TV at Target for (I think) $300. She and a neighbor friend went there and stood in the rain at 1 am with a bunch of other people in a line that was already around the building, only to find out there were only about 30 of them and that they were gone by the time she finally got inside. I think now you can get a 36" for less than they wanted at that "awesome" black Friday sale. She'll never do that again.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Budnicks

:hah: "Hell No" never, ever, even if I was paid to go, that goes with the day after Christmas also... It's a freaken ZOO out there & I would miss Football too boot, most of the deals will still be there next week or much later even, just a marketing & advertising gimmick to stimulate sales...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Tilar

I'm building a new center console for my Suburban and went to town today to buy some vinyl and padding for it... If I live to be 300 years old I'll never go to town on black friday again. Screwabunchathat.  Not only did I have to park the length of a football field away from the store, I spent more than I have in the rest of the console, PLUS when I left I had to go around people when the light turned green because all the assholes decided they could get through the light only to be stopped by traffic waiting on the next light half a block away.  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :RantExplode:  :RantExplode:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bajaherbie

i hate to admit it but today i pushed several kids, a pregnant mom and two old ladys out of my way at walmart... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

bill440rt

I don't get all caught up in the hype, either. You can find the same deals or better online most of the time.

I was almost tempted though. My wife showed me the flyer for Pep Boys, who was having a 5qt Castrol GTX/Purolator filter oil change special, for $7 BUCKS!!  :o     I thought that was a pretty good deal. By the time I saw it, it was too late anyway.

Eh, saved myself aggravation of going out in the Black Friday mess.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ChgrSteve67

I stayed home and put the Christmas lights on the house.

TK73

Black Friday for us:

Put down some black paint on the '73 valances...  :2thumbs:

skip68

Well our family had a sleepover at vegasmikes and his fiance's. She and i started to toysrus at 9:00pm thursday only to see the line as long as the whole stripmall. Said screw it, headed to walmart. It was crazy!!! People standing ready to pounce on the plastic wrapped stuff that was on pallets. (10pm is when they opended them!) i grabbed one thing for our daughter and tried to squeeze my way to the other end of store where my friend was. There was a lady with a four month old baby that had camped out for three days in the cold air !!!! Stupid idiot!!! Today was better, bought a king bed finally!!!  :2thumbs: And a laptop! Pretty good deals. Got home around 8:30pm. Totally exhausted, but  cant wait to try the new bed! Our old one was so hard and painful from the springs pushing up, even the kids and dog wouldnt jump on it!!  :rotz: Nighty night!!

Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

Bought a new guitar amp. Ok, well not new but used. It was traded-in literally an hour before I came in. Got a hell of a deal :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

Yuppers went out yesterday. Spent a total of 1 hour shopping. Started at midnight, was in and out of the store in about 50 minutes. Then back to the house. Got the 2 items on sale that I was waiting on. Then it was back to bed, and then just hung around the house with family.

69rtse4spd

No way, wife started at 8:00 p.m. Thrusday night, got home 2:30 F

69rtse4spd

Must have hit wrong key. She got home Friday at 2;30 p.m. This is her one day of the year,(D-Day) for her. I can not say to much, spent 12,000.00 on a 69 Dart.

Ponch ®

I actually got the experience the other side of Black Friday. For the last few months I've been side jobbing it at well known electronics store as a computer salesman (funny, considering that I know very basic stuff about computers). This was my first and hopefully only time working on Black Friday. Interesting experience to say the least, especially because even as a consumer I've never bothered to shop on that day. Doors opened at midnight and it was madness for about 40 minutes, then it slowed down once all the deals were gone.

I was supposed to work from 12 am til 9:30 pm, but I basically told them where to stick it, so I went home and slept for a few hours and then came back when I felt like it. For me it's a side job that I dont really need, so I didn't care if I got fired, but for some of my co-workers that's their livelihood and didn't have that "luxury" so a lot of them toughed it out. You all know that I've never been a bleeding heart, but I really feel disgusted at how these big retail stores treat their employees, many of whom are in tough situations and pretty much have to put up with it. 

But the biggest thing I learned is that people are morons. They will line up for hours (or days) to buy a piece of **** tablet or computer just because it's on sale -  without considering whether or not the product itself its actually any good (hint: NO!) I don't really give a rats ass though - I made a ton of $$$ this weekend because of these saps.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Tilar

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 28, 2011, 01:35:28 PM
You all know that I've never been a bleeding heart, but I really feel disgusted at how these big retail stores treat their employees, many of whom are in tough situations and pretty much have to put up with it. 

In 2005 I took a job in electronics at Walmart from the first of November to the end of January and never realised how true your statement really is until then. Their attitude is if you don't like the way we do things there are plenty more people wanting your job... So I let one of them have mine and went to driving truck across country.

I remember they opened a new store around here back then and bragged about hiring 500 people.. but they fail to tell anyone that once the store is opened and operational and someone quits they do not replace them till they get down to something like 80 people.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.