News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

driver side header install

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, November 25, 2011, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

ok im gearing up for tomorrow as i hope to get a ton done. id really love to fire the car up this weekend and break in the new motor. i remember the driver side header to be a bastard to get in there. i also gotta do the starter still.

can anyone shed some light on whats the best way to go about it?

im using my crappy old headman headers. after the break in im gonna buy some cermaic ones  :coolgleamA:

justcruisin

Yep - they can be a pain in the butt. Best on a hoist but you need to have the car off the ground with at least two feet under the sump, remove the bolt from the left side engine mount and lift the engine around 2 inches, you can then negotiate the header up between the power steer box and fire wall. Before you get it all the way home you will probably have to slide the starter in place as I think those headers capture the starter. Get a bolt in to hold the starter then move the header into place, don't forget the tin plate between the starter and trans if yours uses it. There is actually a good amount of room to slide it in without any scraping. Good luck with the break in.

firefighter3931

Yep, you need to lift the motor up a few inches and slide the header & starter up together as a unit. Done this many times.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs