News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric Smokers: Opinions, Recommendations

Started by 68X426, November 24, 2011, 12:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Looking to get an electric smoker for wifey. She is quite the carnivore and I like keeping her happy. Expect to use it to smoke a wide variety of meats, fish, vegies. Likely use a wide variety of woods. Thinking a budget of $100 to $200 for the purchase, but would go higher if it's really a better unit.

Opinions and recs on types, brands, the good, bad and ugly of your experiences?

Thanks everyone.  :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Todd Wilson

I got a red electric Brinkman smoker. Works just fine. It tends to take a lot longer to smoke then the book says and especially so when the weather is cold and windy.

Todd

Tilar

Masterbuilt has a really nice one but the darn thing is $350.  They also have one in your price range http://www.masterbuilt.com/prod-smokers-analogue.html
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HalfastJav

I've got a Brinkman and a Little chief.  They work great for small to medium batches.

Try smoking eggs, they are awesome.
Boil/peel. Then load the racks and elevate above smoker and cover with the box with and exhaust hole near the top. Smoke for 20 min or so (cold smoke).
Devil and serve.

People always cringe when i tell them about the smoked eggs, yet everytime i bring a tray to a party they disappear before i even get one.
A definite crowdpleaser.........

nvrbdn

we got the red brinkman and does well for me. we use it mostly while camping so we cook all day while throwin shoes or washers and emptying glass bottles. love makin pinwheels and chicken the most. my daughter and her husband are the real smoker chefs. they do a mean salmon,meatloaf,and amazing wings.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargermike

i have a brinkman. love it. use it all the time. perfect for doing family smoking. turkey was awsome and so was the ham. been useing a smoker now for 15 years. the only way to do a turkey. and smoked eggs kick ass.  :2thumbs:

Musicman

I have used one of the Red Brinkman jobs for years. I insulated the sides and top using some of that thin reflective barrier type insulation you get from HD or Lowes etc. I just cut it to fit and secured it with aluminum foil tape like they use on ductwork. Works outstanding all year around.