News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine mount problem revisited

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, November 23, 2011, 11:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

ok i posted a thread a couple weeks ago about my motor mounts not laying flat against the car when i put the bolts through them. i took the bolts out today and in order for me to get the mounts to sit flat the bolt holes bont line up at all. are my mounts bad or could i have possibly put them on wrong?

heres what they look like without the bottom bolts in. they sit nice and flat but the bolt holes arent even close  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Brightyellow69rtse

heres what they look like when the bolts are in

tan top

yes remember the pictures you posted the other week  !! ,  have you still got  your old ones  you removed  , if so  put the two side by side  & look / mesure stuff  ,   where did you get the mounts  ?? what make ??
 :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

Looks like The "Chinaman" made that one on Monday...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Brightyellow69rtse

i think i still got them. i got them from 440 source. it looks like if the rubber was 1/4 thicker it would be perfect.

maxwellwedge

You can either find some NOS mounts (That's what I do - They are out there) or keep buying this shit Made in Whogivesacrapastan junk until they send you a pair that may actually fit.

I can't get over the amount of crap out there other people leave up to us to worry about how to make it fit.

Ok - End of rant.

firefighter3931

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2011, 02:26:56 PM
You can either find some NOS mounts (That's what I do - They are out there) or keep buying this shit Made in Whogivesacrapastan junk until they send you a pair that may actually fit.

I can't get over the amount of crap out there other people leave up to us to worry about how to make it fit.

Ok - End of rant.

Lol  :smilielol:  I have to agree....lotsa junk out there !  :down:

Mike, it's obvious the holes were drilled incorrectly. Maybe look ar something from Advance/Autozone/Napa to see if it fits better  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brightyellow69rtse

i called everyone just now. advanced and cap dont even have a listing for it......carquest can get me them for 9$ each fri morning so i guess ill go that route.

John_Kunkel

Here's a pic of a factory mount with the hole center a little under one inch down (7/8"), looks like your Chinee is made wrong.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brightyellow69rtse

thank you sir! 440 source prolly put a made in the usa sticker on it before they shipped it :rotz: i think there was 2 stickers per mount

maxwellwedge

Probably will be the same Made in India crap but I hope you get lucky and they send a pair that actually fit.  :2thumbs:

Brightyellow69rtse

i just measured the pas side one. the center of the hole is 1 1/8th :flame: im gonna measure the new ones before i even leave the store. 440 source could have easily checked this this is completly unnecessary :flame: :flame:

charger Downunder

Yep hole too far down. If people are going to reproduce  things they should keep an original item to use for quality control and check each batch. Rather than testing on the consumer and bringing their name and reputation down.
[/quote]

firefighter3931

Mike, if you can't find the correct mount there's allways the option of welding a small plate onto the existing mount and drilling the holes in the right spot. Just an idea in case you hit a dead end on the search.  ;)

And while you have that driver side mount off make sure to reinforce it. The Bugle head bolts should be available at Ace Hardware ; that's where we found them in Vegas when we did this mod to Vegas Mike's Charger.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brightyellow69rtse

Ron i could easily weld up the hole and redrill it but i would assume the nut is also welded .250" too low. ill know when i get it off. pronly on friday.

Cooter

You wanna know what's really sad? People in the hobby Know full and well that 440 Source sells "junk" that isn't right, but it's got the consumer hooked like a crackhead sucking on a glass d**k...IT'S CHEAPER.

Cheap will always win out over buying a more expensive option, even if it doesn't fit. Aluminum heads sold NEW, "Made in the USA"? Try $2000.00 after shipping, pushrods, ettc. to make 'em work.

"Stealth" heads from 440Source that need a total rebuild and are cast offshore try $900.00 Shipped assembled.
Stroker Cranks Made in the USA? Try $3000-$5000.00 EACH....

440Source Stroker "kits" made over seas and "final machined" here (Albiet incorrectly, and balanced incorrectly) try $1500.00 for everything..Selling like Hot cakes.

As consumers in the good 'ol US of A, we will inevidably roll the dice on "Junk" that's cheaper and hope against hope that we come out on the other side with a cheaper Hot Rod/Restoration. Then, when we get a "dud" every once and a while, we knew it was cheap, Japanese/Chinese "junk", but we buy it anyway....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Brightyellow69rtse

as i stated both mounts had made in the usa stickers on them. i suspect that the sticker was indeed made in the use. the mount not so much.

Cooter

BrightYellow, This wasn't nessesarily aimed at you imperticular, but in general.
Of course, this isn't to say that "Made in USA" Couldn't have been made on a Monday here as well, by an actual "Crackhead"... :D

Brightyellow69rtse

its very possible lol. well heres hoping the napa ones measure correctly so i can get this thing up and running. now i got a tranny jack too! my dad stopped by a few days ago before work. he hands me a heavy box and goes merry christmas. so 4 speed install should go decently anyway.

Cooter

IF it helps, I bought the "India" ones from NAPA and they are drilled correctly where yours aren't.

Brightyellow69rtse

we will see tomorrow  :2thumbs: i hope so. if they are the new mounts are moing in and hopefully the tranny. i really wanna fire this badboy up. i should be fairly close to 500hp.