News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop, Cut ,Rebuild is restoring a 1972 Duster this season!

Started by Back N Black, October 15, 2011, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Just figured i would start a new thread on the Duster.  :popcrn: :popcrn:

lexxman

That's it new car needs a new thread. What are the plans ,I know you send your going to put a HEMI in it. :popcrn:

ccr-host

On December 10th, the SPEED network will be running a 12 hour Chop Cut Rebuild Marathon!  :popcrn:

All day on Saturday from 8:30am to 8:30pm (Eastern), catch an episode of CCR every half hour on SPEED! Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell the friends of your family!! The XP Hemi episodes will dominate the day, so if you missed any episodes this is your chance to catch up!

Now I can finally tell my doctor... "I'm in a Marathon"!

Enjoy,
Dan

For episodes and times go to: www.ccr.tv

lexxman

That sound great Dan.I haven't seen I lot of talk going on about the Duster,the leading of the tail panel looks good.And I notice speed isn't airing the previous weeks episode before the new one the year.I liked that,worked well when I would sleep in the week before. :lol:

ccr-host

Quote from: lexxman on November 20, 2011, 11:41:35 PM
That sound great Dan.I haven't seen I lot of talk going on about the Duster,the leading of the tail panel looks good.And I notice speed isn't airing the previous weeks episode before the new one the year.I liked that,worked well when I would sleep in the week before. :lol:

Yes, Edgar is very talented with lead. There's not too many guys who work with it anymore.
Speed should start to increase the number of airings over the next couple of months, now that NASCAR is done.
Over at forabodiesonly.com there was a very spirited conversation. A few pics of the finished car are on the web from the SEMA show. Because we painted the engine bay black and the "Sharks Tooth" grill black, I've appearently committed a great MOPAR sin in some peoples opinions!  :D ...You MOPAR guys can be a tough crowd! :brickwall:

ccr-host

I will now start to read entire memos from SPEED!

The CCR Marathon on Saturday Dec. 10th is NOT 12 hours long! It begins at 1pm and runs until 9pm. There will be a new Season 8 episode shown at 8:30, then some other shows until 1pm... The morning episode will re-air at 1, then at 1:30 they will show all of Season 7 (XP Hemi/Corvette) from start to finish!

So, for all those who thought they would have to fork over $30 bucks for a DVD in the new year, get your DVR's set - you'll get the whole package in one day. Merry Christmas!! :cheers:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ccr-host on November 23, 2011, 06:52:38 AM
A few pics of the finished car are on the web from the SEMA show. Because we painted the engine bay black and the "Sharks Tooth" grill black, I've appearently committed a great MOPAR sin in some peoples opinions!  :D ...You MOPAR guys can be a tough crowd! :brickwall:

I think it's probably because that has got to be one of the signature MOPAR elements that is constantly done incorrectly. I personally really like the colored engine bays and think black just makes it look like it's dirty/hiding something. This coming from a guy with a black 69... that will someday go back to Q5.  :drool5:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

Quote from: lexxman on November 20, 2011, 11:41:35 PM

Yes, Edgar is very talented with lead. There's not too many guys who work with it anymore.
Speed should start to increase the number of airings over the next couple of months, now that NASCAR is done.
Over at forabodiesonly.com there was a very spirited conversation. A few pics of the finished car are on the web from the SEMA show. Because we painted the engine bay black and the "Sharks Tooth" grill black, I've appearently committed a great MOPAR sin in some peoples opinions!  :D ...You MOPAR guys can be a tough crowd! :brickwall:
yup the blacked out engine bay will get you torched every time   :icon_smile_big:   glad you guys are doing some mopars  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    the chevy motor in the willeys is a NO NO also it should have gotten a Gasser HEMI !!!!    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ccr-host

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
Quoteyup the blacked out engine bay will get you torched every time   :icon_smile_big:   glad you guys are doing some mopars  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    the chevy motor in the willeys is a NO NO also it should have gotten a Gasser HEMI !!!!    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  

ccr-host

Quote from: ccr-host on November 23, 2011, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
Quoteyup the blacked out engine bay will get you torched every time   :icon_smile_big:   glad you guys are doing some mopars  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    the chevy motor in the willeys is a NO NO also it should have gotten a Gasser HEMI !!!!    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  

Well, some things you learn the hard way. But, at least we have the ability to say the car is custom so anything we do/did is purely personal choices, not intended to be factory accurate.

I don't think Mopar would have offered up two engines for us in one season. This is the first time the factory has gotten involved with the show and I wouldn't want to push the candy requests too hard. In fact, the guy who gave us the go ahead doesn't work there anymore! The people at GM Performance Parts have always been big supporters of our show so getting an E-Rod package was as simple as a phone call. Plus, the Willys is a kit and must meet 2011 emissions standards in Socal. No naturally aspirated engine will do that. The E-Rod package solves that issue without any problems. If it were a "real" Willys, then yeah we would have gone for the "old school" Hemi package.

ccr-host

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 23, 2011, 12:28:25 PM
A few pics of the finished car are on the web from the SEMA show. Because we painted the engine bay black and the "Sharks Tooth" grill black, I've appearently committed a great MOPAR sin in some peoples opinions!  :D ...You MOPAR guys can be a tough crowd! :brickwall:

I think it's probably because that has got to be one of the signature MOPAR elements that is constantly done incorrectly. I personally really like the colored engine bays and think black just makes it look like it's dirty/hiding something. This coming from a guy with a black 69... that will someday go back to Q5.  :drool5:

The thinking behind it was that color would distract from the engine package. Generally, anything you don't want to see or that you want to downplay, you paint black. Particularly when you're photographing it. Same thing for the Sharkstooth grill. It is nicer than the original but, it's still a piece of plastic. Plus it was used and had some minor repairs done to it. So, black keeps your eyes on the body and chrome instead of the grill.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ccr-host on November 23, 2011, 04:38:36 PM
The thinking behind it was that color would distract from the engine package. Generally, anything you don't want to see or that you want to downplay, you paint black. Particularly when you're photographing it. Same thing for the Sharkstooth grill. It is nicer than the original but, it's still a piece of plastic. Plus it was used and had some minor repairs done to it. So, black keeps your eyes on the body and chrome instead of the grill.

I can see your point but I think that the color actually helps brighten the space and really presents the engine but in general yes, the black downplays elements.  Hey man, each to his own. I'm just glad you are fixin up Mopars!  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

67440chrg

Yes thanks for not being another cookie cutter dull car show. How about a first gen Charger next. That would be unique.

thedodgeboys

Dan
You did creat MOPAR sin letting those GM boys paint the engen bay black  :RantExplode: :eek2:

But your forgiven  :slap:

What's the next MOPAR you thinking of building?

BrianShaughnessy

Because we painted the engine bay black and the "Sharks Tooth" grill black, I've appearently committed a great MOPAR sin in some peoples opinions!  :D ...You MOPAR guys can be a tough crowd! :brickwall:

The body shop spent all the time sanding out the inner fenders and firewall on the Duster just to cover up that work with chevy black?     It's not that it takes away from the engine package,   it takes away from the shop's credibility.  It's just easier that way I guess.  :Twocents:

Chevys were painted black because of their designs as a full or sub frame vehicle,  not a unibody such as a Mopar.   Go look at any modern unibody chevy and the engine compartments are body color.   

Thanks for featuring another Mopar on the show.   :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.