News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do keep coolant loss minimal when changing heater hose?

Started by WH23G3G, November 22, 2011, 09:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Ok I finally have got my 73 Charger insured now just got to wait until I can get a day off to get the tag. But before I take it around my neighborhood I have to change one heater hose. I didn't use the restoration heater hose fittings so I think the one in the front is too tall and the heater hose rubbed on the backside of the alternator belt and cut a good groove in it. It's not busted, but it will. I want to change without the antifreeze gushing out like a waterfall. I remember when we first started the car up some of the OEM hose clamps weren't located right and were leaking but when I removed the hose and repositioned the clamps the antifreeze went everywhere. This thing holds so much coolant everytime a hose comes off you'll get a bath. Is there a way to keep the coolant from going all over the place? It's the hose on the front of the heater valve, it's an original heater valve too.   

Chryco Psycho

put a drain pan under the rad & open the petcock 7 drain out a gallon of coolant or so

A383Wing

go get a pair of plastic hose clamps and clamp off the hoses before you pull them off the heater core tubes...all you will spill or loose will be what's in the core

Bryan