News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winter -- Assuming you have this issues - Step inside.

Started by jb666, November 17, 2011, 07:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When you put your car away, do you:

Start it once a month, letting it run for a full 30 minutes. Full operating temps.
Put Stabilizer in. Put it on a trickle charger and LEAVE IT ALONE until Spring
Who cares? Strap the plow on it and drive it all Winter, it's only a car!

flyinlow

I drive mine year round if the road aren't salted. Can be a challenge in Ohio. Sometimes winter projects take it out of service for a month or so, still try to run it. It lives in a heated garage, so starting not an issue.

meepmeep70

as said before,i start every couple weeks,run to temp,used to use the red sta-bil but will switch to the ethenal stuff,full box of bounce sheets in interior,trunk,under seats,poking into vent/heater box,visors down,only other thing i do is steel wool in tail pipes,i disconnect battery every time i park in the garage(connected to house,so i just feel better),move car a back and forth when warm,so no flat spots,then a little sticky to remind me of the things i did on steering wheel ;),oohh and a little secret therapy,on the weeks your not starting the car,you can sit in it,making vroom vroom sounds,nobody will see you Jeff! :rofl:

jb666

Quote from: meepmeep70 on November 22, 2011, 08:23:37 PM
as said before,i start every couple weeks,run to temp,used to use the red sta-bil but will switch to the ethenal stuff,full box of bounce sheets in interior,trunk,under seats,poking into vent/heater box,visors down,only other thing i do is steel wool in tail pipes,i disconnect battery every time i park in the garage(connected to house,so i just feel better),move car a back and forth when warm,so no flat spots,then a little sticky to remind me of the things i did on steering wheel ;),oohh and a little secret therapy,on the weeks your not starting the car,you can sit in it,making vroom vroom sounds,nobody will see you Jeff! :rofl:

With 12 cameras (that YOU helped install!) I highly doubt that last statement to be true...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

meepmeep70

Quote from: jb666 on November 23, 2011, 03:33:31 PM
Quote from: meepmeep70 on November 22, 2011, 08:23:37 PM

With 12 cameras (that YOU helped install!) I highly doubt that last statement to be true...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
true but it would be fun to watch,you know to make sure you make the right shifting sounds :smilielol:
and i keep a ceiling fan on just to move the air around

BlueSS454

Unless you intend on driving the car somewhere, put a trickle charger on battery and leave it alone.  There is absolutely no reason to start the car for the sake of starting it.  It does more harm than good.  Starting the car and letting it idle will never allow the car to get up to operating temp (keep the rear and transmission in mind) which won't allow it to burn off any unburnt fuel or condensation in the exhaust once it's shut down.
When I put mine away for the winter, I give them a good cleaning/detail, put the cover on and leave them be until March or April.
Tom Rightler