News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Glove Box Light

Started by 69hemidaytona, November 21, 2011, 07:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2011, 09:52:30 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 09:20:33 PM
Yes - It is unlike any other cars I have with original trunk mats. I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it.

Frank B. pointed out the difference in '69 Charger original trunk mat textures to me a few weeks ago, and it is definitely different than the "basketweave" type that is on most other OEM mats' underside.  He's observed that same pattern on every original Charger mat (not exclusive to Daytonas) he's looked at, some even fairly early built cars too.  Must have been a vendor thing.

Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P
every time i went to respond to jim (daddy's )  posts ,   i though i was talking to gene   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2011, 03:22:43 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2011, 09:52:30 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 09:20:33 PM
Yes - It is unlike any other cars I have with original trunk mats. I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it.

Frank B. pointed out the difference in '69 Charger original trunk mat textures to me a few weeks ago, and it is definitely different than the "basketweave" type that is on most other OEM mats' underside.  He's observed that same pattern on every original Charger mat (not exclusive to Daytonas) he's looked at, some even fairly early built cars too.  Must have been a vendor thing.

Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P
every time i went to respond to jim (daddy's )  posts ,   i though i was talking to gene   :smilielol: :smilielol:

:lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on November 23, 2011, 11:23:18 AM
Troy did your dad have a hemi Daytona at one time? :o

That's what he said before his passing. That he "had one of the engines in it with the two 4-barrels inline with each other...."  Back then, it was just another car that so happened to be cool with the roundy-round racers he ran against. He didn't keep it too long... Single father of two kids (4 & 5)..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection