News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS Bird Nosecone

Started by maxwellwedge, November 21, 2011, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Mint and well priced when compared to the others I have seen.

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/SuperbirdNOS_cfs.htm

Not mine - just posting if anyone needs a nice one for their Bird.

Aero426

This one is also NOS and is quite a bit less.  It does not have the latch try flange or wiring clips like Frank's nose.

maxwellwedge

How much is that one Doug?

And stop picking on Frank's nose!   :lol:

Aero426

Trust me, I'd never pick Frank's nose.     :yesnod:

10k / offer.

benny70hemibird

He seems rather proud of it.

FJ5WING

Quote from: Aero426 on November 21, 2011, 02:31:50 PM
This one is also NOS and is quite a bit less.  It does not have the latch try flange or wiring clips like Frank's nose.

Doug,
Why is there a difference between the construction of the two nose cones?
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

All I can say is the four noses we got came out the back door of Creative.     Most noses I have seen are like mine.   Frank's with the latch tray flange,and rivnuts is more uncommon.   

FJ5WING

when you say common and uncommon, have you ever seen a nose cone like the one posted before? Ive never seen one like that before. Then again ive only ever touched one NOS nose before. :smilielol:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on November 22, 2011, 01:59:32 PM
when you say common and uncommon, have you ever seen a nose cone like the one posted before? Ive never seen one like that before. Then again ive only ever touched one NOS nose before. :smilielol:
bad toucher 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I can't remember when I've seen one like Frank's, but I won't say I've never heard of one like that.   There are probably more parts out there being hoarded than a person might think.   I've seen them in light gray prime, dark gray prime and cosmolene.   All of ours had cosmolene on them.   

gtx6970

I used to have ( bought from Kenny Bracket) an NOS Daytona nose and it was in grey primer - and it was just the nose . none of the attaching brackets were on it.

I think I paid a whopping $800 for it ????????

DAY CLONA

Making reproduction Wingcar parts for many years, I deal with a lot of people that have NOS cones, and I'm often contacted to supply the missing parts (flanges/etc) or make custom Daytona or Superbird grille frames because used originals or NOS grille frames don't fit the smaller or larger openings found on some of these NOS cones,...they probally became NOS because they were line rejects, when you have 16 guys banging out 2 dozen cones a day in a mostly hand production assembly, I'm sure a few cones were Fubar'ed

Mike

Aero426

The NOS grille frame I recently sold a DC.com member fits my NOS nose like a glove.     The overall width dimensions at the top, middle and bottom of the NOS nose were measured with a tram guage and compared to my street Bird.   Without disassembling the street car, they are within a couple mm of each other.    Very, very close.