News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Glove Box Light

Started by 69hemidaytona, November 21, 2011, 07:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Did Daytonas come with a glove box light as standard equipment or was it optional? I wonder if you had to get the AO1 lightgroup to have it? Also would this be the correct one?

hemi68charger

That was part of the A01 light group. I don't think you could just order the glove box light by itself...

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/69_Charger0019
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Definitely optional...with A01.

I would have to look to see if it is per your pic.

hemi68charger

Ahhh Haaa !!!  Beat ya Jimbo !!!!    :smilielol:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

Yessir....You got the hole-shot AB!

Tony - Just sell me that car and let me worry about that stuff!  :lol:

69hemidaytona

I do wish I had sold it a long time ago and invested it all in gold. Now though I have so much time and effort into it that I want to stay with it until it's done. BTW I just got a package today that is supposed to be a pair of date coded 3400592 rear shocks!!!! I'm going to open it right now..

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 07:33:47 PM

Or sell it to me so I can put a trunk mat in it... Or, I'll trade one V2 with trunk mat for that hemi-I-should-have-sold.  :D  After all, that would be closer to what my Dad used to have..........

Ok... Tony.......... I had to try........
Troy

UFO

Dealer/owner could have installed one.Would have been a odd request,but still could of happened.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/PartsAccessories/1969/page20.jpg

69hemidaytona

Hi Troy: Good to hear from you. After doing some more checking I realized that your trunk mat sure looks original but it doesnt go all of the way to the back seat. The survivor cars I saw all seem to have that extra length in them. I wonder if someone trimmed yours or maybe it is a reproduction? If it is a repop I would love to get a hold of some of the material and cut one to fit. I had heard that a company called Motor City Originals made a great reproduction quite a while back. What does the back side of your mat feel like? Is it smooth or does it have small ridges? BTW we have snow on the ground and it was 15 degrees last night so enjoy that Texas weather!

maxwellwedge

Tony - I have 3 XX cars with original mats and it is totally different, texture-wise to what we are used to seeing on other cars. Almost like a round tiny pebbled look.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: UFO on November 21, 2011, 08:52:01 PM
Dealer/owner could have installed one.Would have been a odd request,but still could of happened.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/PartsAccessories/1969/page20.jpg
I agree it is unlikely that someone added it. I actually am not sure if my Daytona has a glove box light or not. It is apart now so I dont think it will be easy to tell. I know I dont have the AO1 light package, so I am guessing I dont have it. Problem is I just bought an NOS light switch. Now after seeing some switches that I believe came out of a 69 Charger the one I have pictured looks like it has a wire that is too long. Anybody have an opinion on that?.Thanks

69hemidaytona

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 09:02:31 PM
Tony - I have 3 XX cars with original mats and it is totally different, texture-wise to what we are used to seeing on other cars. Almost like a round tiny pebbled look.
Jim do you mean pebbled on the back side?

maxwellwedge

Yes - It is unlike any other cars I have with original trunk mats. I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on November 21, 2011, 08:57:24 PM
Hi Troy: Good to hear from you. After doing some more checking I realized that your trunk mat sure looks original but it doesnt go all of the way to the back seat. The survivor cars I saw all seem to have that extra length in them. I wonder if someone trimmed yours or maybe it is a reproduction? If it is a repop I would love to get a hold of some of the material and cut one to fit. I had heard that a company called Motor City Originals made a great reproduction quite a while back. What does the back side of your mat feel like? Is it smooth or does it have small ridges? BTW we have snow on the ground and it was 15 degrees last night so enjoy that Texas weather!

Back at ya..
There is a company that makes the tan-plaid, but it's in bulk and I don't believe the underside has the original texture as our originals. Based on the feedback from all the previous owners and the one who restored it, none ever stated they changed out the mat... Soooo.. maybe there was a patch that just didn't go all the way over. I only say this in an attempt you don't limit yourself to opportunities...... I'll email the owner's son who did the restoration and confirm it.

Hope things are going well with the resto, I know it can be a challenge. But, the rewards are nice when each goal is achieved.

Cheers,,
Troy

hemi68charger

Tony...
Getting back on topic.... That particular assembly in the picture doesn't look like an original piece for a '69? Jimbo, please correct me if I'm wrong. I just looked at the glove box light in my C500 (luckily, or unluckily, the glove box liner is out).. The socket has one pink wire, but goes straight into the fuze box ending with a single female spade terminal connector.
Troy

69hemidaytona

The single connection is what I was thinking might be correct. Weird thing is that the envelope with the one I bought has the part number on it that the parts book says is correct. Now I realize that my car doesn't have the light package anyway so even if this one is correct I don't really need it. But if it is correct I would rather not return because I can only get merchandise credit and I don't know of anything else they have that I need. All of this for an $80 part.  :pullinghair:

tan top

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 22, 2011, 09:43:40 AM
Tony...
Getting back on topic.... That particular assembly in the picture doesn't look like an original piece for a '69? Jimbo, please correct me if I'm wrong. I just looked at the glove box light in my C500 (luckily, or unluckily, the glove box liner is out).. The socket has one pink wire, but goes straight into the fuze box ending with a single female spade terminal connector.

:yesnod:

the one pictured is not the same as mine either

maybe this on is over the counter dealer supplied   , the extra male & female connectors are to tap into something , !! maybe the orange wire with 3 female connectors  in the main harness harness  which the    ash tray & heater control lamp wires plug into  :scratchchin:  making it sort of easier to hook up rather than going to the fuse box !! & hoping there is another pink wire with a  piggy back spade connector there to connect to ! :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 21, 2011, 08:45:54 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 07:33:47 PM

Or sell it to me so I can put a trunk mat in it... Or, I'll trade one V2 with trunk mat for that hemi-I-should-have-sold.  :D  After all, that would be closer to what my Dad used to have..........

Ok... Tony.......... I had to try........

Oh.. OK Tony, I'll throw in the '69 Charger 500 as well.........
Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 09:20:33 PM
Yes - It is unlike any other cars I have with original trunk mats. I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it.

Frank B. pointed out the difference in '69 Charger original trunk mat textures to me a few weeks ago, and it is definitely different than the "basketweave" type that is on most other OEM mats' underside.  He's observed that same pattern on every original Charger mat (not exclusive to Daytonas) he's looked at, some even fairly early built cars too.  Must have been a vendor thing.

Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P

maxwellwedge

:lol:

For the time it was in service I displayed it proudly!

69hemidaytona

Troy did your dad have a hemi Daytona at one time? :o

Davtona

Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2011, 09:52:30 AM
Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

Dave - Yup.....Just need to put the carpet, seats and console back in. It is running and driving. I put the drivers seat only in it to shake it down.

pettybird

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2011, 09:55:12 AM

For the time it was in service I displayed it proudly!

and there's the problem  :lol:

maxwellwedge

moparstuart

Frank B. pointed out the difference in '69 Charger original trunk mat textures to me a few weeks ago, and it is definitely different than the "basketweave" type that is on most other OEM mats' underside.  He's observed that same pattern on every original Charger mat (not exclusive to Daytonas) he's looked at, some even fairly early built cars too.  Must have been a vendor thing.

Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P
every time i went to respond to jim (daddy's )  posts ,   i though i was talking to gene   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2011, 03:22:43 PM

Frank B. pointed out the difference in '69 Charger original trunk mat textures to me a few weeks ago, and it is definitely different than the "basketweave" type that is on most other OEM mats' underside.  He's observed that same pattern on every original Charger mat (not exclusive to Daytonas) he's looked at, some even fairly early built cars too.  Must have been a vendor thing.

Jim - thank you for changing your sig picture, as you were scaring off too many Aero forum patrons with your previous selection   :P
every time i went to respond to jim (daddy's )  posts ,   i though i was talking to gene   :smilielol: :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on November 23, 2011, 11:23:18 AM
Troy did your dad have a hemi Daytona at one time? :o

That's what he said before his passing. That he "had one of the engines in it with the two 4-barrels inline with each other...."  Back then, it was just another car that so happened to be cool with the roundy-round racers he ran against. He didn't keep it too long... Single father of two kids (4 & 5)..
Troy