News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting topless 68 Charger

Started by pullrock, November 21, 2011, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I for one would not have any problem driving that car at all

I like it

68X426

It's been for sale forever.

I like the engine compartment. The rest, not much. Especially because it's all confused, 68, 69, 70. Why not throw in some 3rd gen too?

Kudos for a bold statement, it doesn't get much more custom. :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

gtx6970

Although  I can and do appreciate the build quality, and this car screams well done , it's just not my style

I think the interior is missing something , maybe it would have been better if it had rear headrests on the rear seat to help with the overall effect

And I agree, the underhood detail is stellar.

Dino

It's very well done, it's different and thus gets a big kudos from me.  Do I like it?  No I don't.  

Others will disagree with me but some features make the 2nd gen special and when you take those away its awesomeness dimishes!  :icon_smile_big:

Chop the roof and you lose the beautiful recessed window, massive c pillars and contoured side windows.  Everything else still looks great but it has still lost a gorgeous feature.
For similar reasons I tend to not like any convertible as the softtop rarely looks as good as the hardtop.

For the same reasons I do not like the '69 500.  The unique recessed grille with hideway lights was replaced with a plain grille and the recessed window was replaced with a flush window.  A special car with a nice history?  Absolutely, but in looks it lost quite a few points.

Again, this is my opinion, you don't have to agree with anything I say.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Budnicks

I'm torn between hating it & loving it, I can respect all the work that went into it but, I kind of think it's a bit over the top with a best of 68-70 combos.... I would probably drive it if given the chance though... I'm Conflicted...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Dino

HOLY CRAP!  I didn't see the price on that thing!  Yeah it's all well done and whomever did this put a lot of effort into it, but as I see it whoever buys it needs that dough to try and change it back to something that can drive in the rain!!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RallyeMike

Its a nice car, but my personal opinion is that removing the top off a charger takes away too much of the characteristic lines of the car. The roof is one of the best features of a 2nd gen Charger.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

tan top

lot of clever  work   :yesnod:  , but not for me  !!   the owner / builder was is a member here  , there is a thread on it with build pictures  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

The builder is member professor-patrick.

It's a great looking car...  I saw it at the Nats in '10.    :2thumbs: 

Not for everybody's taste obviously.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Aero426

I am not a huge fan of Charger convertibles in general as the roof is arguably the most dramatic styling cue.    Some are better than others.   This is not one of the better ones.

six-tee-nine

I like the car and IIRC there was a thread here with more pictures of the build.
I takes alot of skill and time to do such a well executed conversion....

On the other hand I understand the reactions about the missing roof, because I personaly cant put a convertible in the "sportscars" category no matter how large the engine is....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 21, 2011, 03:04:30 PM
not my style

I think the interior is missing something , maybe it would have been better if it had rear headrests to the rear seat to help with the overall effect
i agree the rear tonneau need head rests in front of it for sure , or it should have been moved up and had no back seat .  Ditch the bench seat for buckets and a console also .  ditch the 70 door panels  .  :Twocents:

I really love the clean and sparce engine compartment
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Slowpoke

I respect the effort and skill that goes into a car like that, but i agree a Charger looks better with the roof on.
For me personally I don't understand the want to eliminate the door handles and on some cars the side marker lights,
to me these are things that define a certain model and without them the car loses its distinctiveness.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

projectanimal

Good work and nice idea for something "different", but I'd rather keep the roof on and the passengers topless!!   :nana:
northwest CT

BBKNARF

Not my style either, but I like the engine compartment
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

472 R/T SE

Chargers' are one of the few rides that don't look right with the top off imo.  Prolly why one was never built.

One of the most distinct parts of the car is the sail panels/rear window area.

Fred

Quote from: Aero426 on November 21, 2011, 04:23:25 PM
I am not a huge fan of Charger convertibles in general as the roof is arguably the most dramatic styling cue.    Some are better than others.   This is not one of the better ones.

Well said,my opinion too.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Todd Wilson

It would be kinda hard to convert it to a General Lee..............

Todd

TK73

Don't like the convertible conversions...  :eek2:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Ghoste

It's like putting peanut butter on filet mignon.