News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bench testing power brake boosters

Started by hemi68charger, October 24, 2011, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.
Was curious. I have a couple of the Bendix boosters that I've had for years. I want to verify they, or the one on my '69 Charger 500, work properly. The 500 doesn't move under it's own power yet. Part of the process to get that going is getting the hydraulic brake system up to speed. As you know, the booster's part of the system. The motor runs, so I can create vacuum as a source. Right now I have the original booster and master cylinder on the car. The master cylinder's shot as far as it's has no fluid in it and a lot of surface corrosion.

Thanks.
Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chryco Psycho

it has to be able to hold vacuum , at least that will test the integrity of the diaphragm , I know of no other test out of the car

greymag

Shake it & see if you can hear anything rattle in it (like rust). I had a 73 Challenger give me fits trying to diagnose why after car was running & everything was warmed up, the front brakes stayed slightly engaged. Even my brake hotshots couldn't figure it out until I swapped out boosters. It would get hot and not release completely. Go figure.