News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tragic Crash----lets send our prayers to the family

Started by 69bronzeT5, August 14, 2007, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I dont know how long this has been on moparts for but I just noticed its stickied.

Deffintley a tragic crash. Apperentley they leave behind 2 kids. Also, people have said they were driving their 66 Hemi Coronet when they got in the crash. My prayers go out to the kids and other family :angel:

"I have been told by several friends that a fellow Mopar lover and his wife have been killed in a car accident today Sunday August 12th 2007. Some may or may not know him(probaby did not if your not from the WNY area but very well could have if your from the area).From what I was told he had his car(if its the same car he had it was a 66/67 Hemi Coronet I think it may have been a convertable but he has several cars) out for a drive swerved to miss a deer and lost control went into the other lane and was T-Boned by a truck..almost cut the car in half I guess. I was told both him and his wife were killed. The guys name was Brett Reithmiller and his wifes name was Penny...I had been told this by my parents, my sisters mother in law and a good friend that actually saw the accident right after it happened. I hope its wrong but I think its not. He was a regular at WNY events and at Carlisle. This year he was there he was trying to sell a 1973 RoadRunner that was the light lime/pea green color with I think a white stripe. He was a regular dragracer in the WNY area also(thats why he drove a hemi convertable supposedly there was a weight brake becuase of beign a convetable or something?). Good bye to a fellow Mopar guy....I could find nothing in any internet searches but its a small community and 3 people reported it was him..VERY sad.

Luckily their kids from what ive heard were NOT in the car with them."

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3700409&an=0&page=0#Post3700409
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

That sucks  :'( 

It is hard to NOT react to hitting a deer because your reflexes take over. But it is better to hit one then to try to go around one at speed. This  or something simular is usually the result.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 14, 2007, 07:54:52 AM
That sucks  :'( 

It is hard to NOT react to hitting a deer because your reflexes take over. But it is better to hit one then to try to go around one at speed. This  or something simular is usually the result.

:iagree:

Yep, you need to hit the brakes as much as possible and then if you cant stop you get back on the gas before you hit...  Less chance of having the deer in your lap,  or head.

I have hit one like that, almost got stopped, but then I quit trying to stop and nailed the sucker.  Cool hood ornament.

hemi68charger

Read this over at Moparts...... Crying shame..... My heart breaks for the two lil' girls...... Rest in Peace Mom and Dad, look over your kiddos.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68chrgrwife

OMGosh...That makes me want to cry..two little kids alone now because mom and dad are gone.  I feel for the kids and the rest of the family and friends...My prayers are with them.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

71ChallengeHer

That's so sad. My prayers are with the little girls. :engel016: :engel016:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

charger490

WHEC-TV
A woman and her husband are dead after their car collided with another vehicle in western New York.

State police say Brett Reithmiller was driving on Route 16 when he crashed into a truck in the oncoming lane. Police believe he was trying to avoid a deer in the road.

Reithmiller and his wife, Penny, both died from injuries in the accident. Troopers say the driver of the other vehicle was treated at the scene.