News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

- 1973-74 Charger - Interior and Weatherstrips part list -

Started by Charger-73, September 22, 2011, 05:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-73

Where I could buy best / good quality interior parts for my 1973 HT Charger? I lost all interior parts in fire accident.

So far I know couple place where I could start asking parts: Dante's mopar parts, Jims auto parts, Legendary Auto Interiors, etc.

Plan is that I will update this topic so after this everyone can easily find where to buy those interior and weatherstrip parts.

Here is the list of missing interior parts:

1. Carpeting
2. Package tray
3. Dash pads
4. Upper door panels
5. Lower door panels
6. Front armrest pads
7. Pillar posts
8. Kick panels
9. Carpets
10. Sail boards
11. Upper rear panels
12. Lower rear panels

What interior parts is missing from this list?

Where I should buy weatherstrips:

1. Hood-Cowl Seal
2. Hood-Radiator Seal
3. Quarter Glass Roll Up Seal
4. Trunk Seal
5. Pilar (U-jamb) Lock Seal
6. Door End Seals
7. Door Seal Weatherstrips
8. Roof Rail Weatherstrips

Is there some seals missing?

Charger-73

Okay, I have done some resource. Here is the list of parts I need and where I have been able to find those. Now I would like to hear your opinion about those shops and brands.

www.dantesparts.com
- Carpets?
- Floor mats?
- Package trays?
- Rear, door, kick panels?
- Seat covers, foams, seat backs?
- Window sweep kits?
- Door sill plates?
- Dash caps?

www.classicindustries.com
- Carpets?
- Floor mats?
- Package trays?
- Window sweep kits?
- Door sill plates?
- Dash caps?

www.legendaryautointeriors.com
- Carpets?
- Floor mats?
- Package trays?
- Window sweep kits?
- Door sill plates?
- Dash caps?

www.steelerubber.com
- Has anyone ordered and tested steele rubber's seals?

randy73

I bought Dante's dashpad, it was not a good product (was formed foam and did not have vinyl cover as stock had) and it was shipped from a company in Tx.

I just got carpet from Stockinteriors.com, looks to be good quality and was $138 shipped, ordered Thursday, received Saturday.

Though they do not carry seat foam for our cars.  :'(

Legendary has Dash caps only, not a dashpad, so if yours is gone, don't go to Dante's or PG Classic.

jaak

Get all u can from Classic Industries....all suppliers YearOne, Dante's, etc. get the parts from the same suppliers. The reason I say used classic industries is there prices are usually 1-2, sometimes 5 or 10 bucks cheaper than other suppliers, and their shipping is A LOT cheaper, they give discounts for purchased over 500 and they run 15-20% specials reguarly (have one right now infact).

The last order I made from them was 6 boxes (some quite large because I ordered seat foam, package tray, seat/trunk divider, etc.) And shipping from CA to AL cost me a little under 18 bucks. Most (especially Year One) rapes you on shipping charges. BTW the seat foam was Legendary brand, so CI carries legendary products.

Oh yeah another thing....Check Summit for your weatherstrip. I bought almost all my w/s from Summit Racing. At the time they had it priced a couple bucks cheaper than most places, it was all 'metro' brand weatherstrip and they just charge an 11-12 buck handling fee for everything, no matter how big your order is.

Good luck with your project,
Jason

Charger-73

Quote from: randy73 on October 21, 2011, 01:37:48 PM
I bought Dante's dashpad, it was not a good product (was formed foam and did not have vinyl cover as stock had) and it was shipped from a company in Tx.

I just got carpet from Stockinteriors.com, looks to be good quality and was $138 shipped, ordered Thursday, received Saturday.

For Sail panels and the rest, Legendary Interiors is the place to go.

Though they do not carry seat foam for our cars.  :'(

Legendary has Dash caps only, not a dashpad, so if yours is gone, go to PG Classics, the 2 people I talked witrh raved about them.

Thank you for the tips, I will stay away from Dante's parts and Legendary dash caps and maybe I will buy it from PG Classics. I'm planing to use 70 buckets and maybe will use 1971 seat covers.

Quote from: jaak on October 23, 2011, 05:45:40 PM
Get all u can from Classic Industries....all suppliers YearOne, Dante's, etc. get the parts from the same suppliers. The reason I say used classic industries is there prices are usually 1-2, sometimes 5 or 10 bucks cheaper than other suppliers, and their shipping is A LOT cheaper, they give discounts for purchased over 500 and they run 15-20% specials reguarly (have one right now infact).

The last order I made from them was 6 boxes (some quite large because I ordered seat foam, package tray, seat/trunk divider, etc.) And shipping from CA to AL cost me a little under 18 bucks. Most (especially Year One) rapes you on shipping charges. BTW the seat foam was Legendary brand, so CI carries legendary products.

Oh yeah another thing....Check Summit for your weatherstrip. I bought almost all my w/s from Summit Racing. At the time they had it priced a couple bucks cheaper than most places, it was all 'metro' brand weatherstrip and they just charge an 11-12 buck handling fee for everything, no matter how big your order is.

Good luck with your project,
Jason

Thank you for the tips also. About those metro's weatherstrips does those has door seal with end parts or does it come without end parts?

And then I have one question about door/rear panels, how does 1971 Charger upper door and upper rear panels fit to 1973 Charger? What I have compared pics those should fit, can someone confirm this?

Where I should buy window sweep kits?  Legendary, Dante's parts are selling, what brands those are? And then I have found also PUI brand sweep kits.

jaak

QuoteThank you for the tips also. About those metro's weatherstrips does those has door seal with end parts or does it come without end parts?

Warning about Metro door weatherstrip....Now I (and others) have had this problem with 2nd gen chargers, the door weatherstrip is too thick causing alignment and shutting issues. I don't know about the door strip for 3rd gens. But to answer your original question, if you mean the end parts (closest to door hinge area), then yes they are molded onto the weatherstrip. If your referring to the 'end parts' above the door latch, that is a separate part, that has to be bought separately.

Jason

Charger-73

Hello,

I have now ordered something but I won't be able to test the parts right now but as soon as I'm able to start fitting I will tell here my thoughts about the parts.

I decided to order parts from Legendary. They had good discounts during Halloween. So now I have ordered:
- Carpet
- Floor Mats
- Package Tray
- All Door Panels
- Pillar Post Moldings
- Kick Panels
- Sunvisors
- Sweepkit
- Headliner
- All Seat parts

Here is the part list what I still need to order / buy:

- Dash pad
I have read that there is two good place for this. PG Classic and Just Dashes. So I might go one of those. Your opinion?

- Sail Boards
No reproduction ones, so I will go for used eBay ones.

- Weatherstrips
I have some problems with weatherstrips, don't really know can I get all parts reproducted.

Steel Rubber Products can offer this kind of door / door opening seals:

Basic kit: 90-2149-90
------------------------------------------
Roof rail weatherstrip - 70-1568-68

Weatherstrip, front door - 70-1615-72

Weatherstrip, decklid 18ft - 70-2124-84
------------------------------------------

70-1620-73 : Door Opening Weatherstrip (Replaces #3439740-1 & #3581894-5)

70-1855-80 : Quarter & Side Window Leading Edge

So if I order those will I miss any weatherstrip parts considering the doors and trunc? Or will I still need some kind of end seals etc?

Or what would be the best place to buy weatherstrips?

Biggest problem is to find good set of bumper fillers... I think that is almost imposible mission. My decently good set burned away...