News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

general lee fans

Started by 69general, November 16, 2011, 10:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69general

i am building a general lee...and the ones i saw from the show i remember had a tan interior....i was so happy to see this pic because min is gonna have a black interior.

bill440rt

The interior looks tan to me.  :scope:
I think the picture is just dark due to exposure.  :Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69general

when i met ben jones at the cavelcade of wheels he also had a black interior in his....and his was a tv show car....i thought it was odd..but who knows they used so many cars.... :shruggy:

JT01

Ive seen that pic before its actually saddle tan not black. Bens isnt a car from the show either

Surf Charger

Quote from: bill440rt on November 16, 2011, 10:19:49 AM
The interior looks tan to me.  :scope:
I think the picture is just dark due to exposure.  :Twocents:

Yep...you can see the tan on the side of the seat...

Dino

I remember seeing some on the show that had a black interior but it is supposed to be saddle.  Consistency was not their strong suit...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...here is a press photo (cropped most of the plymouth police car from the right, behind John S.) which clearly shows an interior to be black  :scratchchin:

Now was this a car photographed BEFORE they dye-bombed the interior tan?  :popcrn:

bill440rt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 16, 2011, 11:39:25 AM
...here is a press photo (cropped most of the plymouth police car from the right, behind John S.) which clearly shows an interior to be black  :scratchchin:

Now was this a car photographed BEFORE they dye-bombed the interior tan?  :popcrn:

I dunno...  :scratchchin:
I'm thinking this one is tan as well, just bad lighting/shadows. Check out the contrast between the rear view mirror & the seat. The mirror housing is clearly black, yet much darker compared to the seat. The shadows within the interior also leads me to believe the color is actually tan.
With some of these old photos, due to exposure/fading etc it can drastically alter color.

Like it was stated, there were severe inconsistencies, so who knows?  :shruggy:
Did some in FACT have black interiors? Probably a question better suited for this other forum. For sure someone there has the answer.
www.cglfc.com/
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tan top

Quote from: bill440rt on November 16, 2011, 12:11:54 PM
...here is a press photo (cropped most of the plymouth police car from the right, behind John S.) which clearly shows an interior to be black  :scratchchin:

Now was this a car photographed BEFORE they dye-bombed the interior tan?  :popcrn:

I'm thinking this one is tan as well, just bad lighting/shadows. Check out the contrast between the rear view mirror & the seat. The mirror housing is clearly black, yet much darker compared to the seat. The shadows within the interior also leads me to believe the color is actually tan.
With some of these old photos, due to exposure/fading etc it can drastically alter color.

Did some in FACT have black interiors? Probably a question better suited for this other forum. For sure someone there has the answer.
www.cglfc.com/
Quote from: Dino on November 16, 2011, 11:33:50 AM
I remember seeing some on the show that had a black interior but it is supposed to be saddle.  Consistency was not their strong suit...

:iagree: yes if any ones going to know its the GL mob on them sites

sure i remember seeing   Black interior also !! think  one was where   luke climbed out the GL while it was moving , crawled across the hood & jumped on the back of a moving truck / motor home ? or jumped on the generals hood from said vehicle might of been second series :scratchchin:
could be remembering this wrong ,  been years since i saw the old tv series , i did recored them all when i was a kid , well most of them the second time round it came on telly  , freeze framing for differences in GLs & stuff  , just like could of sworn i saw the rear end shot of GL jumping away from the camera & sure it was  68 tail lights  ,  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bill440rt on November 16, 2011, 12:11:54 PM

www.cglfc.com/

On that pic in my den, I can assure you the pic shows a black interior... Sorry for the bad shot. Wish this site allowed for larger files to be uploaded  :brickwall:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

BTW, that pic is from the early/mid 90s, before scans and photoshop...

skip68

Yes, there was a quick glimpse of the round 68 taillights. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BY RSCO

I am in the process of building one, and I am going with the lighter buckskin interior used mostly from 1982 on. As folks have mentioned, if you watch there are several shades of brown, saddle, buckskin, etc used in the car. Yes, in very early production you would rarely see a black interior. There is no "correct" General Lee replica, however there are staple things that have to be there for it to work. I have taken my personal favorite items from various seasons and am making mine how I want it.. My point is this - if you prefer your interior black, go for it, as it will look great and that is your choice. Once people see an orange car with an 01 on the side and a flag on the roof, the rest will not matter - it is a General Lee. Not saying that negatively, as I am a huge General Fan, but it is simply the truth.

Darkman

I thought the Tan interior cars were used for close up shots to "highlight" the actors. Maybe the stunt cars had a darker interior??
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

jaak

It does have tan interior....Lee3 was used for publicity photo shoots (there first ones with open doors and no 01's on the doors), and Lee3 actually had tan interior.

Lee3's bumper and grill was damaged in the episode "Daisy's Song" when it rear ended the Granada the Feds were driving, then the right front fender was damaged in the same episode when it slams into an Atlanta police car. The car was repaired (using a 68 right front fender) and was used as the main 'hero' car in the episode "Repo Men".
Below is a screen shot of Lee3 from the episode "Repo Men", note tan interior, second pic is Lee3 in the pilot episode "One Armed Bandits" before the headrests were removed, and the mock roll cage removed from the car.

Jason

rattlehead_74

Looks like the actors were chopped into the first pic....they have no bodies below the roof???Or am i lacking sleep...lol   They also look way bigger than the car!!!{scale-wise} :lol:

nelson_audet

yep it is lee3 on this pic.... and lee3 is a RT SE car i think.. with a saddle tan interior
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

freddyd02

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on November 16, 2011, 06:23:49 PM
Looks like the actors were chopped into the first pic....they have no bodies below the roof???Or am i lacking sleep...lol   They also look way bigger than the car!!!{scale-wise} :lol:

lol thats funny.. maybe they're planking  :lol:

BY RSCO

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on November 16, 2011, 06:23:49 PM

There is another angle of that pic available.. (I have to dig, but probably can find it) - they are actually laying across the roof of the car.

mopar0166

Great Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I currently have a GL with black interior, and i rock the black for a couple reasons,  its easier to redo as i can instead of buying a completely new interior, if i ever take the GL colors off ill be a great orange with black interior car, and i perfer the black.   lastly the story suggests it was an triple black car to start as well.   

Its you GL and no matter what you do somebody will pick it apart and think they know more about the car with out owning one.

that's why instead of a replica GL , mine is a 1969 dodge charger general lee custom tribute ! :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

Mine is the most correct General Lee ever made.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

XS29LA47V21

69general

see there are some things on mine i dont want,no brush guard....the 69 grille is awsome and mean looking,no roll bar.....i have kids and will need to utilize the back seat,and no cb.....no one else i could possibly know has one...so it would be useless...but it will be clean rust free and run like a raped ape! :icon_smile_big:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 69general on November 17, 2011, 11:06:57 AM
see there are some things on mine i dont want,no brush guard....the 69 grille is awsome and mean looking,no roll bar.....i have kids and will need to utilize the back seat,and no cb.....no one else i could possibly know has one...so it would be useless...but it will be clean rust free and run like a raped ape! :icon_smile_big:

I could have sworn I saw a General Lee in one of the early episodes (GA era) which did not have a brush guard. It also had the driver's side headlight open, passenger's closed...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

JT01

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 17, 2011, 11:25:31 AM
Quote from: 69general on November 17, 2011, 11:06:57 AM

I could have sworn I saw a General Lee in one of the early episodes (GA era) which did not have a brush guard. It also had the driver's side headlight open, passenger's closed...  :icon_smile_blackeye:
The episode is High Octane at the beginning after the jump the General is coming into town and the front is smashed up