News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you guys think, put the wheel well opening chrome trim on or off?

Started by 70yell500, November 15, 2011, 02:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70yell500

Wanted to see what other might think about leaving a car without the wheel well opening chrome trim off so show more of the body color or putting the trim on a car?  If anyone has a yellow car with this trim on, can you post some pictures?  I'm trying to decide if I should put on this chrome trim around the wheel well openings or leave the car without them. 

Thanks in advance,

Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod
1970 Charger Black Beauty 440
1968 Charger 318 (soon to have 383-4speed)

bull

I would put it on. I had it both ways on my '70 long ago and it looked much better with it IMO.

Vainglory, Esq.

Not big on the trim at all.  I also hear it's a bit of bitch to keep nice.

skip68

I left mine off.  It looks better on my car to me.  Then again, I think it looks good on darker colored cars than lighter one's.   Just my opinion.    Go with what you like.   
:cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Marck

y3chargerrt

68r/t

BrianShaughnessy

I'd rather have it on but it's your car... your choice.  Don't let us numbskulls tell you what to do.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

JPL

Honestly, in my opinion, it was one of those instant visual impacts, after I put them on, that I knew it was the right decision. It seems to finish the car, complete the car, it also breaks up the color correctly.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

1970Moparmann

On my black 68, it looks great.   My Plum Crazy 70 I don't have it, and I like it :2thumbs:   

If the car came with molding, I keep it on.  Just my preference.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bill440rt

My '70 is also purple, and I added them just because I felt they "completed" the car (it was optioned without them). I just thought it looked almost naked without them, like something was missing.

Then again 1970Moparmann's FC7 car looks great without them, also!  :2thumbs:   Maybe because mine has the vinyl top? It's really just a matter of preference.

BTW they were optional on '70's, standard on '68's & '69's.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

70yell500

Thanks for all that responded, I've been away from this site because my project was put on hold... but now I'm trying to move forward with it once again...
My car is Viper Yellow, Black Vinyl top and have some aftermarket rims with a chrome rim ring and center spokes are black... just when it comes to the putting on the wheel well trim, I'm not sure and wanted to get opinions of fellow Charger owners.

If anyone has a yellow car with the trim and they don't mind posting picture, I'd appreciate it as it might help me with my decision.  For everyone else, please keep giving your feedback as is good reading for me and I'm sure others like to hear your opinions as well on this subject.  Pictures are always welcomed.  Love seeing other Chargers that are out there on the road across the world.  I'll see if I can post some pictures as well of my project.  Hope to get this car on the road by early next year! 

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to reply to his thread....

Eddie
1970 Charger Resto-Mod
1970 Charger Black Beauty 440
1968 Charger 318 (soon to have 383-4speed)

71charger

I have no chrome on my 71 but I would love to put some on. I say go for it. :icon_smile_question:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Budnicks

:hah: Both of those 70 R/T Chargers are beautiful cars guys  :2thumbs:, I prefer the wheel well trim molding also, it kind of add a little bling & breaks up the color between the tires & body   :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1970chargerrt

My 70 didnt come with them but I'd like to put some one.  Has anyone put them on a car with 90's vintge Goodmark 1/4 skins?

RAC95054

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

maxwellwedge

Mine didn't come optioned with them.....It looks good to me.

Ghoste

Leave it on, the higher trim level is part of the Charger as the flagship of Dodge mystique.

RECHRGD

Quote from: Ghoste on November 15, 2011, 09:18:08 PM
Leave it on, the higher trim level is part of the Charger as the flagship of Dodge mystique.

It also protects the paint from rock chips.  There is a reason to have them.....
13.53 @ 105.32

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!