News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our beloved "Chargers" is new school mascot instead of "Cougars". Hmmm....

Started by Dans 68, January 20, 2012, 01:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Fred

Cougar's are also known as Puma's so why didn't the school just change the name? :shruggy:  :Twocents:
On the other hand my Charger purr's like a big cat ...........same difference. They may have made the right choice in the end.
One cat replaces another. :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

404NOTFOUND

The ones who opposed the name were afraid were afraid of others being reminded of who they are.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

bull

How is the word cougar "offensive and derogatory" towards women? They do mean the wild cat, right? I could see there being a problem if your mascot name was the milfs, or if your football helmets had the chrome hot chick silhouettes on them like the trucker's mud flaps have, but we're talking about mountain lions, aren't we? Political correction is so stupid.

Fred

Plus these women that choose to be cougars are proud of the fact. I doubt very much that they would be offended.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.