News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

28 inch radiators, is there a drop in replacement?

Started by ramairthree, November 14, 2011, 11:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

I can find 26 inch radiators, and B Body thru 73,
but I cannot find a shroud for a 74, or a 28 Inch drop in, or a 26 or something verified as a direct drop in, line up auto trans cooler lines, etc.

This was a typical two steps forward and three back move.

My 74 radiator fluid was looking NASTY.  I added in enough antifreeze to make sure it would be good last winter.
It is getting close to being a driver, so I just drained it, let it run with water and drained it, let it run with flush and drained it, water again and drained it,
then filled it with fresh new 50/50 water and antifreeze.

It looked so nice and clean in there now, and man did some horrible looking fluid come out with the rinses and flush.

After the flush, and I will just guess it must have have some stop leak in there over the years,
I have a small drip somewhere around the driver's bottom corner (not the petcock valve) and in the center of the fins in front of the fan under pressure.

Any info appreicated, thank you.

elacruze

Why replace in instead of have it flushed and checked?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ramairthree

Well, if true radiator shops were around like they used to be, and the costs were not as much as a new higher performance drop in, I would love to.